"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 22

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by 투 애니원
    It would be nice if the original dragon was linked to Arceus or the trio somehow.

Or, as a twist, is Arceus itself.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

If they do have the Original dragon to be part of the Trio, as a 4th mystery member, it would make sense if it was the dragon of balance, to go along space time and anti-matter. It also fits with how no matter what there are always gonna be 2 entities of the OG existing, the other dragon and B/W Kyurem, until of course they put it together. Kinda like how Giratina was banished from our world for violence, perhaps the dragon was made to fall to earth to never exist as a whole for abusing its powers.

El_
    Blog Entries

Arceus already fits the role of a fourth mystery member for the Creation Trio, not to mention that Cyrus already explains in Platinum that Giratina and Dialga/Palkia balance out each other just fine.

Arceus and Sinnoh should have nothing much to do with the Original Dragon, unless it is actually explained where the OD came from and what its role in the universe is. If it is a personification of pure energy, then I wonder where Arceus's role is in that.

Were also dealing with two separate systems here, as God in Taoism is not a physical entity like what Arceus is made out to be.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman
    Kinda like how Giratina was banished from our world for violence...
    Speaking of this, has Giratina's 'violence' ever been explained in detail...?
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Arceus and Sinnoh should have nothing much to do with the Original Dragon...
    Word.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Speaking of this, has Giratina's 'violence' ever been explained in detail...?
    Nope.

All that can be inferred is that it apparently happened some time during human history and Giratina was rebelling against something or someone, based on the removed Eterna City monument and its status as the Renegade Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

...So, that's a 'no', then.
    Thanks a bunch retroactively, Game Freak.

Seeing that Giratina is Satan's incarnate of a Pocket Monster (with the whole 666, distorted realm, and such) I could assumed that it revolted against Arceus before it was banished for all eternity.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

If Giratina is truly based on Satan, perhaps we can get an idea of why it rebelled by looking at various biblical stories?

No, Giratina is not Satan. Ever seen Satan work together with other God to stop a rampaging Arceus? (Movie 13) But yeah, the anime is somewhat not related to the games.

Giratina's Distortion World serves as the place to balance the world, IF he is Satan, he may just destroy the balance, the easiest way to destroy the world.

And OD may be an entity who is Similar to Arceus, but somewhat evil one. Maybe Arceus just separate its power into 3 so it can cause no big harm to the world.

A man in pursuit of power Norman's Avatar

Honestly, I feel like the Original Dragon was just supposed to be a backstory thing and GameFreak never intended it to actually appear in any of the games. Like how in Red and Green, Mew was just supposed to be mentioned in the Cinnabar Mansion journals and not in the actual game. Granted, it was added in last-minute, but I don't think the Original Dragon will ever be more than just a background thing. Maybe it'll appear in Gen 6, but it really isn't shocking to me that it wasn't in B2/W2. Since they can't exactly program a brand new Pokémon in the middle of a generation, the only way to do it is for it to be a third form for Kyurem, and that would just make Black Kyurem and White Kyurem kind of pointless.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im starting to think we wont see it at all and the Original Dragon will just be a mention from the legend of the dragons. Game Freak couldve fully intended for us never to see it or actually make it into its own Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mecha
    Seeing that Giratina is Satan's incarnate of a Pocket Monster (with the whole 666, distorted realm, and such) I could assumed that it revolted against Arceus before it was banished for all eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    ...Like how in Red and Green, Mew was just supposed to be mentioned in the Cinnabar Mansion journals and not in the actual game. Granted, it was added in last-minute...
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost
    Im starting to think we wont see it at all and the Original Dragon will just be a mention from the legend of the dragons. Game Freak couldve fully intended for us never to see it or actually make it into its own Pokemon.
    Past precedence (Mew, Arceus, etc.) was what made me believe that the OD would be obtainable, from the moment I learned of its existence in BW ("What? Zekrom & Reshiram were once the same dragon, and it was awesome?? That'll be the next super-secret Arceus-type Pokemon. Sweet."), but I think that your suggestion is in fact the case...
    Unless we get OD in Gen 6 as a 'Regigigas', which would be reprehensible unless the Gen 6 games were based in Isshu, or the region next door to it - y'know, base it on New England or something, since Isshu was New York.

El_
    Blog Entries

I don't agree with the OD is going to remain a legend argument. Why would it anyways when B/W Kyurem are literally halfway done to completing the OD? If they never intended for us to the OD one day then they wouldn't have bothered with Kyurem's formes and the DNA linker.

They are just being very obscure with it is all. If they can reveal Arceus, then there is no reason whatsoever why the OD can't be revealed later on. What would be a huge surprise is if it turns out to be a version mascot for Gen 6 along with some other 720 BST Pokemon to match it, though I'm not expecting this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I don't agree with the OD is going to remain a legend argument. Why would it anyways when B/W Kyurem are literally halfway done to completing the OD? If they never intended for us to the OD one day then they wouldn't have bothered with Kyurem's formes and the DNA linker.

They are just being very obscure with it is all. If they can reveal Arceus, then there is no reason whatsoever why the OD can't be revealed later on. What would be a huge surprise is if it turns out to be a version mascot for Gen 6 along with some other 720 BST Pokemon to match it, though I'm not expecting this.
    That'd be pretty cool, I guess (at least it'd have some of the spotlight), but alas, OD will prolly get Regigigas'd. Though what would be even worse, IMO, is if it made its debut in the much debated R/S/E remakes as some kind of sideshow attraction. I can't imagine why OD (or at the very least one of its species) would be in Hoenn of all places. Granted, Ho-oh and Lugia were in the Sevii Islands, but if you think about a map of Japan, couldn't they be the Ryukyu islands? Granted it would place them south of Hoenn, but that would explain why they're able to link up with Hoenn's networks in that way. Isshu is on the other side of the planet...

I ain't bitter

But would they introduce a brand new Pokémon/Forme in a remake? That doesn't seem that likely IMO.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast