"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 16

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post

You have to remember, that we aren't really suppose to know about these event Pokemon, which is why they hide them for "big reveals." Maybe GF wasn't counting on people knowing about that kind of stuff through the internet. The people who don't know about Genesect won't know that there are 649 Pokemon, which is probably why they removed it.
    How many Pokemon fans are there that DON'T look at fansites (or Youtube, for that matter)? Very young children? I remember standing in line for the game demo at the BW mall tour last year and the two 7-10 year olds in front of me were talking about Genesect because they had seen Giancarlo's LP videos. Elementary school kids can and will know. This is why I think DLC would work wonders in keeping secrets from the fandom.

And keeping the OD until Gen VI would be akin to Regigigas coming out the gen after its corresponding trio. Did anybody expect a fourth Regi during the RSE days?

Blog Entries

The original dragon was said to be born in Dragonspiral Tower, before Unova was founded. I highly doubt that there's more than one original dragon, since it is a major part of Unova's history. Lugia and Regigigas are not central to their respective region's foundations.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    The original dragon was said to be born in Dragonspiral Tower
    Since when? It's possibly Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, but the Original Dragon wasn't said to be born there. Even if it was, where did it come from? I don't think that some random Druddigon egg hatched into it instead.

El_
    Blog Entries

For there to be simply another Original Dragon to resolve the Unova plotline would be a horrible cop out. Its true that we don't know anything so far of its species, but with it being very likely that it will have a BST over 700 I highly doubt that there are multiple individuals of it. Its too powerful, and thats just plain common sense.

If Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem were said to be born of Dragon Spiral Tower, then by deduction that implies that the Original Dragon was itself born of Dragon Spiral Tower, because the Tao Trio were born out of the split of the Original Dragon, and not the tower. If the Original Dragon was born out of the Dragon Spiral Tower like its implied, then indeed there is and should only be one.

@UnovaCastaway

Same thing that I said to smalllady, they aren't counting on you to know that. If they were then they wouldn't even bother making these event Pokemon out to be "new Pokemon" or big surprises. I agree that DLC will fix that problem though, hopefully.

As for being like Regigigas, that depends entirely on what Gen 6 focuses on. For all we know that region could be tied to Unova, so in theory it wouldn't make the Original Dragon have a lesser role like what happened with Regigigas. I'd say that if it happens, then the situation is far more akin to Lugia in Movie 2 and Gen 2, than to Regigigas. I'm still hoping for it to appear in BW2 though, whether its able to be caught or not, it should still be featured when Unova's plotline is resolved.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

But does it have to have been born there? Could it not have just moved there?

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    But does it have to have been born there? Could it not have just moved there?
    It is said that legendary Pokemon are created and slumber there. It also seems to be tied to Reshiram/Zekrom who are sealed/awakened there. That implies that it has a connection to the Original Dragon, hence would explain the name of the tower.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

And we know at least two were. We don't need to stretch it beyond three.

However, I'm concerned if the myth is actually true in the first place. How, exactly, is a dragon, of all things, supposed to split itself?

El_
    Blog Entries

And we know at least two were. We don't need to stretch it beyond three.

However, I'm concerned if the myth is actually true in the first place. How, exactly, is a dragon, of all things, supposed to split itself?
    Huh? The two refers to Reshiram/Zekrom obviously, because Kyurem was simply forgotten about after the split having no significant hero to represent it, but that doesn't mean it can't play a part in the myth.

A dragon is a mythical creature that the storyteller or game designers can have do whatever they want with it, its like your talking as if its a real biological animal. Like explained earlier in this thread, its all a reference to Yin/Yang and Taoism.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

The OD, I mean.

Still, it's a myth from a thousand+ years ago. You'd think at least some of the details would be screwed-up?

Blog Entries

The same way other fictional super-beings achieve such a feat--they can because its in their powers to. I know its a lame excuse, but that's basically all there is to it. The Original Dragon would be a perfect balance between yin and yang, so thematically, one can see it splitting those two energies apart. It's kind of weird to get skeptical about a legendary "splitting itself" into multiple beings when we've seen Pokemon change their physical appearance, time travel, rip a hole between dimensions, grant wishes, and bring into existence other legendary Pokemon from thin air. The only reason I'd think you're questioning it is simply because "splitting yourself" into multiple beings the way the Original Dragon did isn't really done that much in fiction. Look at it this way: Japanese dragons can fly not because of wings, but simply because it's in their ability to do so. It's not that weird for a random super-being to be able to split itself when you think about it.

And of course the myths can get screwed up. The one thing that we know is that Kyurem is related to Reshiram and Zekrom, but no historical records in the game even make reference to Kyurem other than a weird event in which it fell from the sky and supposedly eat people.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 19th June 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Dude, Dragons are mythical creatures who can use magic, in the first place. How can they breathe fire? Arguing that a magical creature shouldn't be able to do something blatantly magical in nature is a really unusual argument.
    To answer your question, though, it's the same way a new Entei is 'born' every time a volcano erupts somewhere. Additionally, it's the way that Arceus made the universe (or at least Sinnoh), the same way that the same Ditto can provide either the appropriate ova or seed (depending on which is required at the moment) to reproduce with any species yet never reproduce itself in this way, and the way a pair of monkey-tailed aliens with super-strength can do a goofy-looking dance and fuse their bodies together into one - which is kinda what the OD did in reverse.
    Also, about your reference to there being more than one of specific legendaries: Some Legendary Pokemon have multiple instances, and many of their 'reproduction' methods are more like 'creation' or 'manifestation' (as I mentioned with Entei). The OD is likely the same in this respect.
    However, since your use of Lugia and Regigigas as examples of multiples of legends brings to mind the mother and baby Lugia from Orange Islands and the assorted Regigigantes in Sinnoh, it makes me think that you're using the anime as a reference point. If so, two things:
    1) The movies aren't canon to the series, since (like the DBZ movies) they can't actually fit anywhere into the story.
    2) The show isn't canon to the games.
    If you have a hard time accepting that Mew is the ancestor of all known Pokemon (or at least that all known species have traces of Mew's DNA in them), how can you accept that you can keep a blue whale inside an orb the size of a softball?
    Last edited by Stratago; 20th June 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Nitpicky perfectionism

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Kyurem.jpg">
    One, this is the perfect place to post this than any other. Two, I highly doubt that we'll see either a Grey Kyurem or the original Unova Dragon for that matter, since those were basically mode changes and that's it.
    Last edited by Dr. Mecha; 22nd June 2012 at 11:22 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

The lack of a second region, the fact that BW Kyurem is just catchable for no reason postgame, and N still having Zekrom made me give up on the Original Dragon.

Sure Game Freak, give Keldeo an unneeded forme.

El_
    Blog Entries

I'm not giving up on this, we could still see the Original Dragon by the previous BW PC having their Dragon loan energy to Kyurem's new forme(s).

Theres still the Abyssal Ruins that also haven't been covered yet.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

We're still missing a lot of information. We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions just yet.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast