"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 15

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    so my theory is that they will form all the Unova story into a trilogy, and this third game/set of 2 games will end the story with the OD once and forever.
    I don't see this happening. The original dragon doesn't need its own game any more than Arceus did.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

@dino97: If they decide to end Gen V with some kind of 'third version' , I personally hope they do it on a 3DS cartridge for the sake of fitting more data onto one, because I think they should somehow do a 'continual' story that traverses both BW 1&2. I think Gen V is the first Pokemon game to have a truly complicated character in N, and I think Ghetsis' true agenda shouldn't have been so blatant from early on, so if they do a 'complete' version of the story, I hope that they re-write parts of the plot and add new twists to them - Pokemon games are RPGs, after all, so they should have good stories. However, this version may come 10 years later, with an inevitable re-release like HG/SS (which bridged the original Gold/Silver with Crystal), and if I have to wait 10 years to catch the thing, I'd at least like to see a picture of it.
    As @Silktree said, Arceus (nor Mew, CC Mewtwo's story) never got a game of its own, because it was (IMO) unnecessary; I don't think I would've gone through Sinnoh a fourth time just for Arceus.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dino97 View Post
    so my theory is that they will form all the Unova story into a trilogy, and this third game/set of 2 games will end the story with the OD once and forever.
    I don't see this happening. The original dragon doesn't need its own game any more than Arceus did.
    To an extent I agree, but just because it doesn't need one doesn't mean that it wouldn't still be cool. Regardless, if the next game that's released after B2/W2 is 'Grey', I'll be really annoyed. Like I said before, I think that it'd be really cool if they eventually made a 'Grey' version that wasn't the main game of that Generation, in Generation Seven or Eight maybe. It'd be set in Unova again, maybe even quite a while after B2/W2, and some evil team or other would have made a machine that harnessed energy from N's Cube (if that really is the epicenter for the split universe theory) to merge the two universes at a single point only, Kyurem, and it would regenerate into the Original Dragon.

Of course, it may end up not even being as complicated as that; Pokemon's main target is more a younger audience, so it could very well end up that Zekrom and Reshiram simply exist identically and there is no two seperate universes, and bringing the three together under the right circumstances with some kind of added power would bring back the OD.

Either way, I think it'd be cool, but again, I don't think it should happen soon.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Blog Entries

Not sure if anyone noticed, but apparently the flier advertising the "Perfect Pokedex" has been revised, and does not mention Genesect. Actually, it mentioned "the illusory Pokemon Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect," and now it only mentions "the illusory Pokemon." One thing this article doesn't point out is that "No.001~649" has also been removed from the flier.

So, in my opinion, there's still a chance for the original dragon to appear in these games.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but apparently the flier advertising the "Perfect Pokedex" has been revised, and does not mention Genesect. Actually, it mentioned "the illusory Pokemon Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect," and now it only mentions "the illusory Pokemon." One thing this article doesn't point out is that "No.001~649" has also been removed from the flier.

So, in my opinion, there's still a chance for the original dragon to appear in these games.
    As far as I'm concerned, this is only indicative of the fact that the original flyer spilled the beans. I'd say that all this says is that Genesect is in these guidebooks, but that they weren't supposed to reveal this yet.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

El_
    Blog Entries

Yeah, they've been having a few slip ups lately in regards to leaks like that. Most likely, they want Genesect to be a "surprise" which is why they revised it.

We'll know in a few days time whether the Original Dragon is in BW2 or not anyways, and at most we'll know for sure at the end of this very week.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

I don't see what the point of revising it would be if they were just worried about revealing too much. Either way, a lot of people already know about Genesect, so it's not that big of a surprise. And why bother removing the numbers when those were fairly obvious, as well?

El_
    Blog Entries

I don't see what the point of revising it would be if they were just worried about revealing too much. Either way, a lot of people already know about Genesect, so it's not that big of a surprise. And why bother removing the numbers when those were fairly obvious, as well?
    You have to remember, that we aren't really suppose to know about these event Pokemon, which is why they hide them for "big reveals." Maybe GF wasn't counting on people knowing about that kind of stuff through the internet. The people who don't know about Genesect won't know that there are 649 Pokemon, which is probably why they removed it.

This is the main thing that makes me worried that the OD won't be in BW2. There is still a chance regardless though, but if the Pokedex really is "Perfect" then it makes me suspect it may either be another Kyurem forme (complete like this thread suggest) or a Gen 6 Pokemon.

However, if the Original Dragon is saved for Gen 6, as opposed to being resolved in Unova like it should IMO, I have to wonder if the region of Generation 6 is also tied to Unova in some way.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

The same reason Shokotan had to take down her blog post about Zekrom being an electric type. It was going to be revealed soon, but they didn't want it revealed yet. Also, you're talking from the perspective of a Pokemon fan that regularly posts on Pokemon forums and keeps up with current events. I know many people who play Pokemon, have an internet access, but wouldn't know about this because they don't go looking for it.

These are the kind of people that game guides are still targeted towards in the first place.

I disagree. The flier accidentally revealed embargoed information, and they're scrambling to cover their tracks. They didn't accidentally leave out a place in the Dex, they revealed more than they should.

Blog Entries

Well it doesn't seem like they're being very careful with their "embargoed" information, to be honest.

El_
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to think that Shokotan does what she does on purpose. If she reveals something for a third time then we know for sure that its on purpose, but I think that the Genesect leak was a honest mistake.

I remember that movie poster that first revealed Meloetta when the Kyurem formes were revealed was quickly taken down too.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

What if there wasn't just one OD? We know that there are multiple individuals of each Legendary species, so why is everyone rushing to assume that we'd need to give up the Tao Trio just for the OD? Why does it have to be that specific individual?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    What if there wasn't just one OD? We know that there are multiple individuals of each Legendary species, so why is everyone rushing to assume that we'd need to give up the Tao Trio just for the OD? Why does it have to be that specific individual?
    Not every legendary Pokemon has multiples. Pokemon like Arceus and Mew are implied to be the only one of their kind.

Blog Entries

That's beside my point. It's been proven that there are more than one Lugia and Regigigas, Legendary Pokemon that are historically relevant. It would be implausible to believe that the OD is one-of-a-kind, as that would raise the question of where it came from.

Mew couldn't be the ancestor of all Pokemon if there was only one. That would imply asexual reproduction, which is kind of a stretch considering that it's far too developed for mitosis.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast