"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 13

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    It appears that Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem all share a telepathic link with one another.
    Is this tidbit from the game or the movie?
    It's implied in the newest trailer. N says that he learned from Zekrom that Kyurem was suffering. It goes by pretty quickly in the trailer, so this is the screenshot:

Stratago likes this.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

@Smalllady: Thank you!

@The world in general: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, this may just mean that we'll get OD after all...! Maybe that'll be the premise for Movie 16...? If it's not Genesect, of course.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries

I don't see how this goes beyond what we already know--Kyurem "fuses" with Reshiram and Zekrom. Finding out there is a telepathic link doesn't really strengthen the argument for the Original Dragon appearing because this is a link that had previously already been established.
    Magnus Newman likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

this is possible if Nintendo decides to release that infamous Grey version one day (aka the sequel's sequel).however in b2/w2 this is completely impossible...... being another pokemon species is impossible as there is no programming of another species in the gen 5 games (in order for a new SPECIES to be available, it has to be programmed by the very start...) just a fourth form of kyurem with greater base stats is ok (720 like arceus would be great).

the probability of the unova story continuing in gen 6 just to add a new species is smaller than the chance of obtaining a shiny flawless Arceus

p.s great sprite! congratulations!

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

I know that OD won't be a new Pokemon in B/W2, but I've personally never really thought that there would be. If it is in the new games, it'd have to be a Forme for Kyurem that Nintendo just hasn't shown us, yet. I mean, the Kami trio and now apparently Keldeo even have Formes, so why not? Deoxys has three alternative formes, so there's no reason Kyurem can't have one.
    I suppose it could happen through Zekrom or Reshiram as well, but it doesn't seem as likely by a long shot, to me. According to my theory, Kyurem's ability to absorb the others' chi means that it would have to be the container to house the energies necessary to transform into the OD's visage.

Blog Entries

As I've noted awhile ago, as a sequel that takes place two years after BW, there are inherent restrictions in communication that is to be expected between BW and BW2. As such, the Original Dragon, if introduced, can be done so as a new Pokémon (obviously still incorporating the Tao Dragons) so as to not give preference to either one of the three. As @Silktree was suggesting how DLC in the future can be used to keep event Pokemon hidden until the games they are planned to be released in (i.e., third versions and sequels) while maintaining compatibility with old games, it is perfectly possible for BW2 to have data on a single new Pokemon that BW does not have. Sure, the old games won't be updated, but it doesn't make sense for the Original Dragon to be there in the first place*

We already know that the Kami Trio, and now Keldeo's formes had no provisions in BW. We also know that despite the limitations, there was two way communication between GSC and RBY. It's been over a decade and technology has progressed. While I do not think this means the new games can update BW to include the Original Dragon if it is introduced as a new Pokemon, there is no inherent limitation for it to not exist as such in this day and age.

*Recall that in GSC, their excuse for limiting communications is that those "new" Pokemon/moves had not yet been discovered. This has since been retcon'd as now every Pokemon that has yet to be created theoretically exists in-universe. However, the logic that something is restricted from trading because it doesn't yet exist is very applicable to BW/BW2. The Original Dragon has not existed in-universe since the Twin Heroes' time.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 9th June 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries

What should also be considered is the strong possibility that if the original dragon exists, it should be able to revert to its constituents despite not being a Forme. So as far as compatibility is concerned, it may be comparable to a Forme, or the Spiky-eared Pichu restrictions will be applied to it. The question is what it would look like in wireless battles involving Black and White. Kyurem? I think it would be fairer to exclude it from such battles altogether.
    Last edited by Silktree; 9th June 2012 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

These three pokemon are really special because, as you can see, they can merge and vice-versa in most possible ways. Merging and splitting of pokemon isnt something easy for the pokemon games, so I just think that they will remain forever the way they were obtained

That means that we cant merge the normal dragons which are already available, nor can we spilit Black/White Kyurem, nor a possible OD in the future. So just they can make it a permament Kyurem form and thats all

El_
    Blog Entries

Well, if what Serebii says is possibly true about the #649 perfect Pokedex thing, then I've given up on any secret #650 Original Dragon being revealed. The only shot the Original Dragon has at being in the BW2 games anymore is as a different forme of Kyurem.

I'm starting to suspect that its possible that it may not even be revealed this generation. I think that if the Original Dragon is not a forme, and is its own Pokemon then it will be getting the Regigigas treatment, but hopefully pulled off better if the region its introduced in is tied in some way to Unova.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Do we really need another kyurem form anyway?

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killshot View Post
    Do we really need another kyurem form anyway?
    No, and I would prefer it if the Original Dragon was its own Pokemon rather than a forme, but if thats the case then it won't be revealed in this generation.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

So, B/W Kyurem's abilites are Terravolt and Turboblaze, respectively, which kinda means that it really may just be an ice-type version of the others from a gameplay point of view. Now I really hope the OD is in the game somehow, via downloadable content, or however they get it in there. BTW, is there any word yet on whether or not Kyurem in its 'normal' Forme is catchable, or only the B/W versions of it?

@El_: You mean like the Sinjoh ruins...?

@Killshot: That's like saying 'Do we really need a sixth generation with 100+ new Pokemon?', to which the answer is, of course, hell yeah. Seriously though, I'd be fine just seeing a good picture of it if it's not available in-game to use.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    @El_: You mean like the Sinjoh ruins...?
    Yes, though I had always figured that the Abyssal Ruins would play that role. I doubt DLC will play a factor in this, if the "perfect Pokedex" stops at 649 then there is nothing else. I've just lost a lot of faith that it will appear in these games, unless Kyurem truly is the corpse of the Original Dragon like a lot of people figured, but even then the movie claims that it was "born" at the same time as the others, which means it being the Original Dragon is contradictory.

If I had to guess any OD event, then I guess something akin to Snowpoint Temple in another Gen, where you trade in all three of the Tao Trio to unlock the Original Dragon. People may not be satisfied at all with that outcome, but at least it would be better than nothing.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

I'm still holding out for the original dragon to appear in these games. They could just be taking the same approach they took with Mew being #151 and keeping it a total secret (at least just from the fans this time). A lot of the merchandise in Gen I had 150 as the official number for a while. So you never know.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

@El_: I forgot about the Abyssal Ruins... I theorized that the Desert Resort was the stronghold of one of the twins (which is why the place is now a desert), so maybe the Abyssal Ruins would be the other twin's (which, being underwater in a state of wreckage, certainly counts as 'equally thrashed')(plus there's a crown in there), or their father's.
    I personally don't want to see another Snowpoint Temple, but that's because of its relevance to D/P/PT's plot - which was none. If OD is going to be in the games, I'd want his 'awakening' to have more impact than, "Oh, it's a bigger, Normal-Type Regi. Wow, Gen4 has a lot of Legendaries. Better catch it, I guess..." (Maybe this was only my reaction, but I didn't think any of the Regis were even a part of the story...)

@smalllady: I guess we'll find out in a few weeks, when some jerk inevitably spoils the surprise by using a GameShark or whatever to unlock everything, then plaster it all over the place online. Man, I remember being thrilled by the 'secret' Pokemon Mew. I saw pictures of Keldeo before I even knew what the other three Muskedeers looked like... The internet is something of a double-edged sword, in that respect.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast