"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Default "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Does anyone other than me think that we'll see a 'complete' form of Kyurem, made whole by all three of the Tao Trio re-fusing together?
    By the very nature of what they represent (the Taijitu) , I think it's possible that there's a fourth Forme we haven't seen yet.

EDIT 5/18/12
    After drawing a picture the other day of what I mean by a 'Perfect' Kyrem (AKA the Original Dragon whence the Tao Trio came), I thought I should add it into the first post.

(This one is closer up.)

(The Dewott and Lucario are there for scale purposes. And because I like them.)
    Last edited by Stratago; 18th May 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

What you refer to sounds like the original dragon. No, I don't think we'll ever see it in-game. And if we do, I don't think it'll be a fourth forme of Kyurem... I think it'd be something entirely different.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

I am talking about the original one. I think that the three of them are trying to become one being again.
    I don't think that Kyurem has or will 'devour' the other two (as some have suggested), but I do think that it's actions will be misinterpereted. (Maybe Ghetsis will appeal to it, promising to make it whole again, and then it could be an 'enemy' as far as the story is concernd.) I also think that Zekrom & Reshiram's revival at the end of BW is what returned Kyurem to consciousness.
    Anyway, the black/white forms of Kyurem suggest that it's acchieved some form of symbiosis/assimilation with one of them (though in M15 it seems to be able to switch on the fly) so it's logical to think that there'd be a completed, 'perfect' form.
    You may be right, though; it might be better to have the original appear in Gen VI, rather than have it be one of Kyurem's Formes, but that would mean that the story wouldn't be finished in BW2...

Blog Entries

It doesn't make sense for Kyurem to have a "complete" forme. As far as Taoism goes, Kyurem represents Wuji, which is boundless and infinite. Wuji is considered to be non-polar, which means there is no balance between Yin and Yang. Sure, Kyurem can absorb the energy of Reshiram or Zekrom and change formes, but by no means is there any balance. The opposite of Wuji is Taiji, or supreme polarity. With Taiji, there is a balance between Yin and Yang. The state of Taiji should be reserved for the original dragon, a seperate being from Kyurem.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

To me, if they were going to give Kyurem a "complete forme" they would have done it already as opposed to the two formes that it has now. Everyone speculated such a complete forme with it showing Kyurem as the Original Dragon in Pokemon Grey, but thats not what happened.

Theres also the issue of if it has a complete forme, then why isn't said forme debuting in its own movie? Theres no reason why Kyurem shouldn't be able to absorb both energies in the movie unless it can't hold both energies at once, which seems to be the case. I don't see yet another Kyurem forme for M16 either.

I think that Kyurem is simply the Giratina of this Generation, and we have yet to see the Arceus (Original Dragon). Giratina stands for Antimatter and resides where Time/Space do not work, Dialga/Palkia stand for Time/Space and Matter. Reshiram/Zekrom represent energy (natural/technological) with their typings of Fire/Electricity, while Kyurem stands for non energy or lack therefore with its typing of Ice.

So you see, in each of the Dragon trios there exists an opposite of the first two. The Arceus/Original Dragon will be something else entirely and something more grand, standing likely for creation or the height of energy in some sense.
    Last edited by El_; 3rd May 2012 at 08:53 PM.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think the Original Dragon isnt Kyurem. Its a seperate Pokemon from Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom and has a different name, we might see it in B2/W2 or in Gen 6 even.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

i don't know much about the original dragon or if we'll ever really get it, but i know there has to be concept sketches of it someplace deep in game freak's most secret places and i would like to see those.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    It doesn't make sense for Kyurem to have a "complete" forme. As far as Taoism goes, Kyurem represents Wuji, which is boundless and infinite. Wuji is considered to be non-polar, which means there is no balance between Yin and Yang. Sure, Kyurem can absorb the energy of Reshiram or Zekrom and change formes, but by no means is there any balance. The opposite of Wuji is Taiji, or supreme polarity. With Taiji, there is a balance between Yin and Yang. The state of Taiji should be reserved for the original dragon, a seperate being from Kyurem.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    But Kyurem is the original dragon. Or, rather, it isn't; 'Kyurem' is what was left behind when the Original Dragon's body and consciousness split because it couldn't balance itself over choosing which of the twins to side with.
    Kyurem's classifiction is the 'Boundry' Pokemon, so in that respect he could represent The Wuji; he represents the empty circle and the squiggly line between the white and black halves.
    Kyurem lacks the the presence of Yin and Yang, and is now in a state of 'perfect emptiness' (which I suppose could be like Wuji). Still, it was once a being containing both. Reshiram and Zekrom are the same, each lacking the 'two' they need to make 'three'. I believe all three of them are seeking to become whole again. The dragons aren't fighting one another anymore, and are in balance, which is what would cause their reunion.
    By this same philosophy, the 'Perfect Kyurem' wouldn't actually be Kyrem anymore, but the sum of its original parts. I'm just calling it 'Perfect Kyurem' because
    1) I don't know the Original Dragon's name
    2) I'm making an obscure Dragon Ball reference in regards to an incomplete being becoming whole

Blog Entries

Dragon skeleton (Kyurem) =/= Original dragon.

Also, the idea that Kyurem is the remains of the original dragon is a fan theory, it has not been officially confirmed. And really, it just makes more sense that the original dragon would be its own Pokemon species. Maybe for Gen 6 or something, but it's also doubtful that Game Freak will revisit it.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post

Also, the idea that Kyurem is the remains of the original dragon is a fan theory, it has not been officially confirmed. And really, it just makes more sense that the original dragon would be its own Pokemon species. Maybe for Gen 6 or something, but it's also doubtful that Game Freak will revisit it.
    Reshiram and Zekrom are the two halves of the original dragon... I find it hard to believe that Kyurem is a completely separate being altogether (being in the same trio with them, as opposed to them being a duo and Kyurem just a separate Pokémon).
    I'm thinking the original dragon will make an appearance in Generation VI... something much like Regigigas (entirely unrelated to the story, but still appearing). Maybe the original dragon is the "trio master".

Blog Entries

I believe that all three dragons will have a part in summoning the original dragon. But why should the original dragon be another one of Kyurem's formes? There isn't much evidence to support the theory that Kyurem is literally the "corpse" of the original dragon.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post

Reshiram and Zekrom are the two halves of the original dragon... I find it hard to believe that Kyurem is a completely separate being altogether (being in the same trio with them, as opposed to them being a duo and Kyurem just a separate Pokémon).
    I'm thinking the original dragon will make an appearance in Generation VI... something much like Regigigas (entirely unrelated to the story, but still appearing). Maybe the original dragon is the "trio master".
    Well it's undeniable that Kyurem is related in some way, but how exactly it is related to the original dragon, has yet to be confirmed.

What I was trying to say is, when the dragon died, it created new species of Pokemon. Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem likely are all related to the original dragon, but are still separate species in their own right.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post

Well it's undeniable that Kyurem is related in some way, but how exactly it is related to the original dragon, has yet to be confirmed.

What I was trying to say is, when the dragon died, it created new species of Pokemon. Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem likely are all related to the original dragon, but are still separate species in their own right.
    I know; I said that already. The point I've been trying to make is that, in order for the Original to come back, the three of them would have to come back together. The original one didn't die; it split into two, and the leftovers were 'Kyurem'.
    Picture this:
    The twins are fighting. The Original One can't decide who to support, because both of them are right. It takes off, flying higher, higher, and then in some kind of very dramatic
    light show, splits apart. Zekrom and Reshiram are born of the Yang and Yin within the Original One, and each take 'parts' from the Original One. That which is left behind is Kyurem, which falls to the earth and smashes into the ground, causing all the damage to its body.
    I'll liken this to a more visual description: Draw a Taijitu (Yin-Yang), then remove the 'halves' without erasing the outline. That's Kyurem.

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

I think the Original Dragon is just a myth and we'll never see it in-game. It would make little sense to introduce it in Gen 6 as a Pokemon like that would be very important and need to be included in this Gen to keep the story together. I don't see them running the same storyline with the same Pokemon into a 2nd gen. (I know Regigigas was introduced in a later Gen. but the Regis aren't important to the main story of those games either.)

Here's what I think: The Original Dragon doesn't need to be an obtainable Pokemon to represent Taiji (the whole) since that's what its legend explains. Simply by saying "Reshiram and Zekrom use to be 1 Pokemon" validates what it represents, which means it doesn't have to really exist in-game. Plus, remember that the Dragon's legend makes no mention of a 3rd Pokemon coming from the split or of Kyurem at all. Kyurem's connection to Reshiram and Zekrom is only because of what aspect of Taoism they represent, not that they were originally 1 dragon.

If Kyurem had a more powerful forme, we would have seen it by now and it would make no sense for us to get 2 sequels with the same Pokemon on the cover of both in 2 different formes if there was another waiting. I just think the Original Dragon story was used to explain the Taoism relation in an interesting way and relate the events of the legend with the battle between N and the PC.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Gen 6 will probably have its own theme, Original Dragon is Unova's theme, I don't want another useless Regigigas..
    I was thinking about a "BW3" with Original Dragon, but I can't speak about a random BW3 without BW2's script.
    So now I think about an event. A Secret Event, like Arceus in DP.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast