Overrated and Underrated Pokémon - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Overrated and Underrated Pokémon

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overrated and Underrated Pokémon

Charizard is not overrated in the games. everyone in this thread agrees on that he is bad.

Underrated:

Braviary:
    Mine is so awesome. But people never mentions him.

Excadrill:
    Same as Braviary.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Underrated:
    Aggron. Rock Head + Head Smash HURTS, not to mention he has that insane Defense stat.

Overrated:
    Excadrill. He did not deserve to be put in Ubers, he is useless outside of a sandstorm.

Ferrothorn
    He is OU, which I personally don't understand. Fire Blast is all you need to take him on.
    Last edited by Jdog1020; 29th September 2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Needed to add something
    Spyspotter and PinkiePieFox like this.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Friend Code is on the Trainer Card; feel free to try to challenge me to trade unless I'm busying with school or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14

Blog Entries

I don't play competitive battling so my choices are purely based on what Pokemon people talk about.

Underrated

Abomasnow-Yes it certainly has its' weaknesses but if you know how to use it correctly, Abomasnow is one heck of a Pokemon. All you need to have success with it is one Ice move for flying, one Rock move for Fire and Bug , a grass move for rock, and a ground move for poision/steel. After that all you've got left to worry about is Fighting type moves/Pokemon. Plus its got Auto Hail. [/FONT]

Magmar- It seems that among Fire Pokemon, Magmar is often forgotten about. Like his electric counterpart Electabuzz it isn't as popular as others of the same type. One reason why people tend not to use Magmar I think is because of its poor Defense which is understandable. But it's Attack is still certainly great and it really is a very good choice.

Ursaring-Normal Pokemon aren't exactly the most popular type out there but there really are some good ones. Ursaring freaking rocks.

Zigzagoon/Linoone - Like I said, Normal Pokemon aren't very well liked but there are some good ones out there. Case in point, the Zigzagoon line is actually good. Aside from it's physical similarities to the newer Bidoof/Bibarel they aren't actually similar. Linoone can kick some serious butt with Slash for instance and Zigzagoon has pickup.

Sableye- I absolutely loathe battling this thing because it constantly killed my Pokemon in Emerald. I very rarely had moves that were super effective against it so it could just knock me out.

Leafeon- For a grass Pokemon, Leafeon doesn't learn a whole lot of good moves but it's actually really good. Among the eevelutions, Leafeon is seriously underrated and more people should consider using it. It's also one of the few pure Grass Pokemon.

Cacturne- Another Pokemon that everyone ignores in favor of Shiftry. Cacturne is awesome.

Glalie- the hate for Glalie is quite honestly puzzling. It's slow but if you actually use it's pretty good. It's one of the only pure Ice Type pokemon and one of the only ones to learn Ice Beam naturally.
    Last edited by DasManiac; 12th October 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Spyspotter and Saturnidae like this.

Im building up on posts:3 mewing mewie mew's Avatar

Visit mewing mewie mew's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    Overrated

- mostly worshipped as godly figures that are immortal in battless

Dragonite
    Just because Lance has one doesn't mean it is epic as hell >.> Dragonites can be defeated in one way or another.

Kingdra
    My Typhlosion KO'd Clair's Kingdra in GSC and HGSS- AND I WAS SOLO'ING IN BOTH GENERATIONS. HAHAHA. TAKE THAT.

Salamance
    I tried using one and it got KO'd by something that wasn't even an Ice or Dragon attack. Ditched.

Garchomp
    This friggin dragon is everywhere and the Cynthia hype only added more dislike -.- And it even got a Mega evo wtf. It's not even cool looking.

Hydreigon
    Ghetsis' Hydreigon was super cool - until people started calling it immortal and "nothing can survive upon switching out on Hydreigon". TEAR THAT EFFING DRAGON TO BITS, GARDEVOIR!!.

Haxorus
    Yes it's partially a hax pokemon, but I still find no reason to worship this guy when Drayden is the only person who was using this Dragon exceptionally well at the PWT.

Lucario
    More like overhyped.

Charizard
    Is it just me that my Charizard keeps dying on me?

Eeveelutions
    All of them except Umbreon. And maybe Vaporeon.
    True on the last one, Plus, Ice beam on dragonite and garchomp, They just met their ultimate doom.

UNDERRATED (DUN DUN DUN)
    Garbodor-I actually sorta like this thing, But is overlooked by MAIN people, ESPECIALLY genwunners.

Vaporeon-Many people like jolteon and sylveon better, This one is my favorite eevees, I love how it melts into water, But people just tend to ignore it.

Ho-oh-I actually prefer this over lugia, Come to my house and kill me all you want, But this thing is a huge phionex we have only seen 2 times before gen 6 arrived and made talonflame.
    IT IS A RAINBOW PHIONEX, WE HAD 200000 DRAGONS ALREADY Give us some creative dragons like charizard (He looks JUST like a dragon)

Zoroark-Like ho-oh, Many people prefer his counterpart, In this case, Lucario, People overlook him because he doesnt have a type advantage, My excuse "He learns focus blast which is SE."
    Beat that lucario fans.

And last but not least, This is a tie between to legendary dinosaurs, Groudon and dialga, Many people prefer kyogre and rayquaza over this red t-rex because kyogre has a type advantage and rayquaza has no damage from ground types, HYPER BEAM THEM GROUDON, HYPER BEAM THEM!
    And if you've seen pools on dialga vs palkia, You are most likely to find palkia win, because of better speed, Dialga is a very sturdy pokemon with steel typing, And can easily defeat palkia with a few roar of times, Try to beat him in MD where he's primal.

NOW FOR THE OVERRATED!

Lucario-If you haven't read zoroark, Read him now please.

Lugia-Read ho-oh.

Pikachu-Many new fans call him "The very best" because he's ashes partner, If you buy pokemon stuff, You are guarenteed to find a pikachu somewhere on it.

Charizard- The worlds most popular dragon, Many expect him to be the best, STEALTH ROCK AND STONE EDGE.

Giratina-He is considered the devil, But he is no match for dialga's roar of time.

Arceus- Ohhh he's the god of pokemon eh? Hypah beam him groudon and dialga use roar of time.
    “The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life.
    While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.”
    ~Grovyle

Though the parting hurts, The rest is in your hands. ~Grovyle

I love mystery dungeon

I don't use stats because they are so confusing and I just don't get them...

Soon-to-be Legend DragonTamerX20's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Underrated:

Banette: With the right EV training and great movepool, this Ghost is unstoppable

Walrein: Everybody chooses Lapras over him, although Walrein has great attack and defense

Ho-oh: When Ho-oh and Lugia were released, Ho-oh was immediately crushed under the number of Lugia fans

Flareon: Come on, you could really get a better Fire Type

Garbodor: Hated design, excellent stats. Enough said.

Overrated:

Charizard: Come on, guys. Just because he has a bad ass design doesn't mean he's the best Pokemon in the world

Dragonite: Everybody loves him! Including me! Also, this beast has attack as high as sh*t!

Arceus: Ok, he's the God Pokemon and all, but if my Machoke beat him, that's a problem

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Overrated:

Stunfisk: It looks ugly, has mostly terrible stats, what stats it does have are geared towards walling, and it has an annoying fanbase and tons of unfunny memes.

All pseudo-legendaries, except for perhaps Tyranitar

Infernape: High speed means it will attack first. Low attack means it won't do much damage. Low defense means it will be killed in one hit.

Pikachu: I don't think I need to explain this one.

Charizard: Stealth rocks are everywhere, and this guy will lose half its HP just for sticking its head out.

Lucario + Zoroark: Seriously, what about these things isn't overrated? They've got special events and anime features galore. Oh, and the former got a mega evolution.

Mudkip: No i do not liek mudkipz.

Fennekin: It's entirely unoriginal, and if I hear "WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY" with a picture of that thing again, I am going to go insane!

Sylveon: It has crappy stats, a crappy movepool, and a crappy design.
    Pokémon Master Ash and Yato like this.

Blog Entries

A lot of the early on game Pokemon are overlooked in my opinion. Staraptor is one of my favorite bird designs and is a fantastic sweeper for me and knows Brave bird, Close combat, U-turn and Return in my Diamond version.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Underrated:

Rampardos - Am I the only person using him? Come on, I know he's slow and he's got poor defenses, but his attack stat is certainly something. Six generations and still the most powerful attacker of all, second only to Deoxys-A (not counting megas). He's usable as long as there's a good strategy (or Trick Room)

Lopunny - Good speed, and it has only one weakness, so counter everything with Mirror Coat! Also, if you don't think Lopunny will survive for long, it can always use Healing Wish for the other pokemons.

Bug-type Master SupersonicScolipede's Avatar

Underrated:

Scolipede-Makes sense that I'd pick my favorite, lol. But really, Scolipede (and most bug-types, in fact), gets surpisingly little attention. It's super speedy, and living proof that bug-types can be just as powerful as any other type.

Togekiss-People, it seems, tend to associate Togekiss only with its pre-evolutions and immediately dismiss it. But it has to be my second favorite after Scolipede, and definitely my favorite fairy type.

Meganium-Meganium gets so much slack for being more of a defensive Pokemon and lacking the brute force of the other Johto starters. But, as an avid Chikorita fan, I personally think she's just as powerful as any other starter, albeit in a unique way.

Overrated:

Lucario-Sorry, but I don't understand the appeal. It's good, I guess, but overhyped.

Charizard-I have to agree with everyone in this thread that most people's opinions of it are influenced by the anime's portrayal.

Follow CrazyIcicle On Twitter
    Visit CrazyIcicle's Youtube Channel

Overrated:
    Gyrados,Charizard,Lucario, and Talonflame
    They are good, but all of them have some bad weakness
    (4x electric,and stealth rock) Lucario is weak to 3 extremely common types.

Underrated:
    Amoongus,Florges, Wobbuffet
    Amoongus: Spam spore. You win.
    Wobbuffet: OP in general, decent Def and high HP to take attacks, and doubles how much it recieved in HP. Only downside is you can't use mirror coat on Yvetal.
    Florges: Stats similar to Gyrados', great moveset, movepool, and TM set

Registered User The Mega Jumpluff's Avatar

I tend to not see a lot of my favorites in team lists, but a couple of pokemon I think are underrated:

Watchog: Confuse ray + Super/Hyper Fang how is that not good

Druddigon: People seem to overlook it for ones like Hydreigon/Haxorus etc but when I first went through white, I had a druddigon on my team and its atk and def stats really stand out

Trapinch: I see flygon mentioned a lot, but seriously, Trapinch's atk stat stands up on its own, i'm currently making my way through X and my trapinch is easily taking down even evolved pokemon pretty easily

Tentacruel: I never see tentacruel, maybe i'm just missing it but i've always liked it and it has a decent learnset

Overrated

Charizard: I think almost everyone on this thread has said it

Metagross: I see it too often, and it's never really appealed to me

Most Legendaries: I see legendaries on teams a lot and I just think most of them are just power more than ability when winning with them, and I personally prefer winning with skill

Volcarona: I LOVE Bug type pokemon, but I think Volcarona's role(s) in Black/White were badly planned (you get an egg of its unevolved form, then later you can catch ONE of it making it out to be like a legendary)

...Jumpluff needs a mega evo

Lis
    Blog Entries

Underrated:

-Espeon, Sableye, Scyther,Dugtrio, Zubat (Golbat and Crobat, one of the fastest), Snubull, etc. However, ever since Aj and his sandshrew, pretty much every pokemon sems a little "underrated" to me, since he showed pokemon's true potential and habilities when being trained by a good; skilled trainer (his sandshrew could dig into water and come out completely harmless and defeat a Pidgeotto and a Butterfree in the same match if you can recall)
    Since then, almost any pokemon i see awakes the thought of "now, if he/she had been trained like Aj trained his pokemon he/she would have been able to dodge that attack" or something like that.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

I am still relatively new to the game, so I am not super informed... however, I believe I should comment on all the hate that Charizard gets. I do not personally use Charizard, but when I am facing a Charizard on my opponents side, I take it very seriously. Although it may be Over-hyped... I am not convinced that it is Over-rated.

I do think that Blakizen is very Over-rated... when ever I face this thing, I immediately smile because I know that my opponent is already minus one on the Pokemon count.

I also agree with what was mentioned above about Bugs not getting the love they deserve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    I am still relatively new to the game, so I am not super informed... however, I believe I should comment on all the hate that Charizard gets. I do not personally use Charizard, but when I am facing a Charizard on my opponents side, I take it very seriously. Although it may be Over-hyped... I am not convinced that it is Over-rated.

I do think that Blakizen is very Over-rated... when ever I face this thing, I immediately smile because I know that my opponent is already minus one on the Pokemon count.

I also agree with what was mentioned above about Bugs not getting the love they deserve.
    That's not the reason why people say Charizard is overrated. People say it's overrated because of Ash's Charizard, it was the starter that most people chose when they first played Red and Blue back when Pokemon came out so all those people say he's the strongest pokemon ever (wich is a giant lie). I agree Blaziken is pretty overrated too.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

Overrated:

-Charizard.
    Must I even explain this one?

-Mew
    ITS NOT THE ORIGINAL ARCEUS IS YOU UNFAITHFUL FOOLS

-All shinies
    They're just supposed to be little trophies not frigging' gods.

-Most Fire and Dragon types
    Careful, your 7-year-old is showing.

-Charizard
    Once again just for good measure.

Underrated:

-Mandibuzz
    Am I the only one who thought it was cool? Sure, it's counterpart is 'Murican, but this one was still pretty nice.

-Vanilluxe, Klinklang, and Garbodor
    The Gen V inanimate objects. They're not bad at all. I'd put Chandelure on here, but most hardcore fans like it (and I can see why).

-Grass types
    They have just as many weaknesses as Rock.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast