Only for 3DS? - Page 6

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

The 3DS outpaced the original DS for the 1st year it was out. I got one, and I'm glad to finally have Pokemon and Streetpass together.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Did anyone really expect another game for the DS? It was inevitable. Two generations plus the remakes is 9 games. That's more than enough.

Releasing XY for the 3DS was the only way to make a significant graphical improvement over BW.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Would Nintendo even have been on board with publishing another Pokemon game on the DS?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I'm perfectly fine with moving onto the 3DS. I enjoyed playing all of the games on the DS, but it is an outdated system now. They just couldn't have another generation on the DS and they need to keep Pokemon on the most recent system. The 3DS has been selling very well and putting main series Pokemon games will help sell even more systems, so it seems like a very smart move on their part.

I do understand why people don't like having to buy a brand new system for these games, especially when the 3DS can still be a bit too much for some, since times are still tough. Even so, it's still more than reasonable to move onto the 3DS from a business standpoint and it wouldn't make sense to keep the series on the DS for those who can't afford it. It would be ridiculous to have three generations on the same console at this point. There are ways to get a 3DS at a cheap price, especially with the XL system released, and I can easily see them releasing a 3DS bundle pack with one of the new games included. That would help to sell a lot more systems and possibly make it easier for some people to get both the system and one of the games. It might be tough for some people still, but I think that it can work out.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 8th January 2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Lalonde and Yato like this.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

The shift to 3DS was unavoidable. I got my money's worth a long time ago with my DS Phat.

I still reallyyyy don't want to buy a 3DS. It's so bulky in my hands and the 3D annoyed my eyes. Plus, it's pretty expensive to get just for one Pokemon game, for a college student like me. :[ I'll find ways to check out the gameplay or I may just end up getting it someday~ (I did end up getting White2 but I still haven't beat it :x). Sigh.
    Yato and Midorikawa like this.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
    The shift to 3DS was unavoidable. I got my money's worth a long time ago with my DS Phat.

I still reallyyyy don't want to buy a 3DS. It's so bulky in my hands and the 3D annoyed my eyes. Plus, it's pretty expensive to get just for one Pokemon game, for a college student like me. :[ I'll find ways to check out the gameplay or I may just end up getting it someday~ (I did end up getting White2 but I still haven't beat it :x). Sigh.
    You can turn off the 3d. I personally can't see 3d my left eye isn't strong enough to focus for it, so I leave the 3d off. Saves me battery and the games look just as good.

I'm really glad they decided to put it for the 3DS, it's about time they really make use of the 3DS for a mainstream Pokemon game. Although it does kind of suck some people are going to have to buy a 3DS if they want to buy the game, that's the only set back for some people imo.

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Considering how much more a 3DS cartridge can store it's a VERY good move to put it solely on 3DS!
    Mucrush likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I was hoping it would still be for the DS, but can't say I'm surprised. Also those of you saying just buy a 3DS and calling us idiots and just being rude because we hoped for it to be DS, please stop because it's annoying. Economies are bad and not everyone has money. All the money in my account is for college, and I can't find a job because no one is hiring due to the bad economy. I just got my DSs three years ago because my family had a little extra money then, and now we're barely making ends meet. I'm disappointed it's only for the 3DS, but hopefully I'll be able to get one come time. Though considering things in the Gen V games, they may have been able to do similar to what they did with the 3DS just not as extravagant.
    I fully agree with you. Yes, I know that the shift was inevitable, and GF would eventually release games for the 3DS. But just because some people had gotten their hands on the 3DS, I don't really like them thinking it'll be easy for other people as well. "Saving Money" isn't easy in real life. And that part of dropping hints for birthdays/christmas is really annoying as well. Heck, do you really think adults can just go around and drop hints they want a 3DS cuz there's this epic new pokemon game for it?

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I own a 3DS, so I can't say I'm complaining, but I understand. The system is quite expensive. However, it's time to move on.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

I fully agree with you. Yes, I know that the shift was inevitable, and GF would eventually release games for the 3DS. But just because some people had gotten their hands on the 3DS, I don't really like them thinking it'll be easy for other people as well. "Saving Money" isn't easy in real life. And that part of dropping hints for birthdays/christmas is really annoying as well. Heck, do you really think adults can just go around and drop hints they want a 3DS cuz there's this epic new pokemon game for it?
    I can ask straight out. My problem is mainly we don't have much money, and all mine goes to schooling. I also want to visit family across the country this summer.

Also we know it's time to move on so you guys don't need to keep saying it because honestly it's annoying. Again not all have easy way of getting a 3DS which is why we hoped for the off chance that it would be for DS, despite the facts pointing to it being on the 3DS.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I was hoping it would still be for the DS, but can't say I'm surprised. Also those of you saying just buy a 3DS and calling us idiots and just being rude because we hoped for it to be DS, please stop because it's annoying. Economies are bad and not everyone has money. All the money in my account is for college, and I can't find a job because no one is hiring due to the bad economy. I just got my DSs three years ago because my family had a little extra money then, and now we're barely making ends meet. I'm disappointed it's only for the 3DS, but hopefully I'll be able to get one come time. Though considering things in the Gen V games, they may have been able to do similar to what they did with the 3DS just not as extravagant.
    I understand your point of view: I rarely have the most up to date consoles myself. But new games are going to come out on new consoles. It sucks, but that's the way things go.

And if you feel people are being rude, you should report them rather than complaining about it here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZACH ATTACK View Post
    The 3DS outpaced the original DS for the 1st year it was out. I got one, and I'm glad to finally have Pokemon and Streetpass together.
    The true best feature: having streetpass active while playing pokemon.
    I am willing to bet hard cash that X and Y will take what the c-gear started in BW and improves on it with the respective 3DS functions.

Also, the DS vs. 3DS war is over, it's finally over. What was started nearly 3 years ago has ended.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    I understand your point of view: I rarely have the most up to date consoles myself. But new games are going to come out on new consoles. It sucks, but that's the way things go.

And if you feel people are being rude, you should report them rather than complaining about it here.
    That would be a lot of people to report.

And I know new games come out on new consoles. The new Fire Emblem Game for example is coming out on the 3DS as well.

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

I'm pretty sure the "most people don't have a 3DS" argument is invalid these days. Last year, it might have been an issue, but not in 2013. The 3DS will be over 2.5 years old in October, 4 months short of 3 years old. That is plenty of time (if not more than enough) to sell units. And with the announcement of X and Y, 3DS sales WILL increase.

I understand some of you hoped Pokemon would remain on the DS. But GameFreak has not neglected anyone and has not "left people out" as I've seen some say elsewhere. I highly doubt making Gen 6 3DS-only was specifically to punish people without a 3DS. Still, it's roughly 10 months until the games come out. Start saving if you really want them. You don't HAVE to buy them the day they are first released either. Most of you can probably manage to save enough money (or close to it at least) by October. Those who find money hard to come by can still slowly save up. Anyway, let's just try not to say that GameFreak has screwed over the fanbase with this move. They can't help that some people don't have a lot of money, but they can't just give away their product or they'll go out of business.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast