Only for 3DS? - Page 5

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

Seriously, sorry, but I don't get why some of you are upset yet surprised that these games are going to be in 3DS. BW2 were basically the last proper DS titles ever. They could have gone to 3DS already in 5th generation, so this is only natural and 110% expected.

You know that you have to buy new console at some point, and I'm sure this will boost the sales of 3DS.
    Please consider the fact, that around the time these games are released, Nintendo DS is already a Nine-year-old console.

This is exactly the right direction. Pokémon evolves, you need to evolve with it by buying a new console. Logical.

I would be more than shocked if these titles weren't for 3DS.
    I just got my Pikachu 3DS XL on Xmas so I'm safe with this~
    Mucrush likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    I mean, hell, I need to buy two now. One for me and one my friend who won't get it himself....

Unlike when BW and BW2 were being announced I always argued that they were going to be on the DS. But een before the html code was released I could see how it was going to be a 3ds title.
    Did you really think VI was going tto be on the DS? It's about damn time we got a main game on the 3DS...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While it's good their finally moving on, I was hoping they would at least improve on the graphics/engine somewhat to take advantage of the 3ds. Sadly I've seen better PSP and DS games.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    I mean, hell, I need to buy two now. One for me and one my friend who won't get it himself....

Unlike when BW and BW2 were being announced I always argued that they were going to be on the DS. But een before the html code was released I could see how it was going to be a 3ds title.
    Did you really think VI was going tto be on the DS? It's about damn time we got a main game on the 3DS...
    Uh, no. I've always known that Gen VI was going to be on the 3ds. I've been saying for the past year that the only thing they could do to start pokemon on the 3ds would be Gen VI. Kicking off pokemon games on the 3ds with a remake or BW3 would have been complete absurd. Mainly ebcause they would have cross-platformed Gen V.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

I will definitely be purchasing a 3DS XL now. Heres to hoping they release a special Pokemon edition 3DS XL here in America soon so I can pick one up used a little cheaper.

Pokemon isnt a right, it;s a privilege. You have to pay to play. If you cannot afford it there is no reasons those who can should be hindered with outdated graphics and consoles. Once you have a steady job it;s as simple as saving up some money. If it was released today I have more than enough money today to buy two consoles and the games, it's called budgeting.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The move to the 3DS couldn't have came at a better time for me, I just got a job, the 3DS is cheap, it's worth about 10 hours of work (because time is the best currency ^_^) and my DS lite is about to fall apart.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    While it's good their finally moving on, I was hoping they would at least improve on the graphics/engine somewhat to take advantage of the 3ds. Sadly I've seen better PSP and DS games.
    Meh, ever since the Gen III they haven't taken full advantage of the respective system. When you have fifty hours+ of gameplay, who cares about the graphics?

The DS has practically died now, and B2W2 were the DS's last major game. If they did make it on the DS, they'd be wasting all the money that they could get from people buying the 3DS + the new games, and the rest of the generation would be doomed as well. It'd be like if Gen IV was released on the GBA even though it was long dead by the time DP was released.
    Last edited by hurristat; 9th January 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

The DS is dead, that's all there is to it. There'd be no point in releasing a new gen on it. They'd lose money that way, and besides, what with a load of other game series going 3D, who's really to say that it wasn't Pokemon's time? I was personally hoping B2W2 would be on 3DS, even though I knew and understood why that wouldn't happen (why would games from the same generation have to be played on two different consoles).
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I'm pretty happy that it's on the 3DS, but maybe that's just because I have one x)
    But yeah, it's gonna be pretty cool to see what stuff they will be able to do on the 3DS now with Pokémon. I'm especially interested to see what they're doing with the battle sequences since it looked a lot more like Pokémon Stadium rather than former handheld game battles in the trailer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Besides, many people will buy 3DS because of Pokémon.
    I happen to be one of those people. xD

That was the only turn off for me. I doubt my parents would let me buy a 3DS on a whim, though I'm really hoping to get one for my birthday.
    "But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand... a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light."
    — The Wind Waker Prologue

I claimed Tyranitar!

3DS Friend Code:
    Hunter: 3926 - 5183 - 0564
    Accepting all battle requests!

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the release of X and Y comes with a slashing of the price of the 3DS, those things will be flying off the shelves like a tornado tore through the aisles. But yeah. If it is going to only be for the 3DS, I'm going to have to start saving money.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I was hoping it would still be for the DS, but can't say I'm surprised. Also those of you saying just buy a 3DS and calling us idiots and just being rude because we hoped for it to be DS, please stop because it's annoying. Economies are bad and not everyone has money. All the money in my account is for college, and I can't find a job because no one is hiring due to the bad economy. I just got my DSs three years ago because my family had a little extra money then, and now we're barely making ends meet. I'm disappointed it's only for the 3DS, but hopefully I'll be able to get one come time. Though considering things in the Gen V games, they may have been able to do similar to what they did with the 3DS just not as extravagant.

追放されたバカ

I'm honestly not surprised X/Y's for the 3DS - this is more beneficial to GF as well as Nintendo. This is, as some of the posters have already said, the perfect way for Pokemon fans to transition from the DS to the 3DS, if they haven't already. Its the perfect incentive for fans to buy the 3DS, and profit is made. We all need to take into account that gaming is a privilege, and game counsels are always going to get upgraded.

I understand the viewpoints of both those who want Gen VI for the 3DS and those who want it for the DS. However, there really is no need for name-calling.
    Lalonde, Yato, Midorikawa and 3 others like this.

Out with the old and in with the new. The 3DS will be the only platform for Gen VI, just as it should be by now.

Might as well trade in my old ds lite for a 3ds. Keeping my Dsi though so that I can transport my old pokes to X and Y.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast