Only for 3DS? - Page 4

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 294
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

  1. #46
    Geek of the Games CynthiaLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dating Cynthia
    Posts
    981
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    It's a well-thought out move by Nintendo and Game Freak. The DS, like all systems before it, has run it's course. And to do a game of this magnitude on a lower-level game system would hinder it completely, even demolish the whole game's upgraded value. The DS has been around for awhile now, and the 3DS has been having record sale. With Pokemon as a guide, those who don't have a 3DS will get one, it's inevitable. While I still love my old DS Lite, my 3DS needs a little more love, since I only really use it for trading and as a back-up when the DS Lite's battery is charging. I may just have to buy another one so I can continue trading among myself. But it's time the games moved onto a more powerful console that can handle the updated graphics and whatnot.

    People will be willing to pay the price for a 3DS if it means they can have a powerful, awesomely designed, and highly popular game on it. Hey, I was willing to pay for a PS3 so I could play Ratchet and Clank Future series and beyond, even though for a long time I wasn't willing to do so. It's a smart move, and the 3DS needs something highly popular to motivate it's sales and make it seem more desirable. I don't follow your argument much at all. Technology evolves and upgrades as time goes on, while older versions goes obsolete at the same time, so it's only natural they would use a more powerful system for a newly upgraded, yet highly popular, game series. It only makes sense. So, no, it is a very intelligent maneuver on Nintendo and Game Freak's part. Plus it will just create more profit for Nintendo in the long-run.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

    Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

    I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."


  2. #47
    Soul Suckin' Jerk Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where It's At!
    Posts
    1,230
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Yes, this was totally warranted and definitely necessary. If the Pokemon main series games chose not tot move to the 3DS then they wouldn't be around much longer. It was only a matter of time.

    Fortunately for all of us GameFreak has outdone themselves and are really going to make the transition from the DS to the 3DS very easy for a majority of the current players, especially with Nintendo's backing.

  3. #48
    Registered User chella182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    It's less about X and Y needing to be on DS, and more about non-3DS owners needing to grow up.
    This sort of sums it up for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Having it just for the 3DS means I most likely won't be getting the games when it comes out because I can't afford to be running out and buying a new 3DS.
    You don't have to be running anywhere. It's January, the games come out in October. Plenty of time to start saving / dropping hints for birthday/Christmas presents perhaps. There's plenty of time. Idk about where you are, but you can pick up decent pre-owned ones here for reasonable prices. Unless you're snobby about pre-owned, in which case... well I have nothing to say to that really. I just don't understand it.

  4. #49
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,667
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    It's a well-thought out move by Nintendo and Game Freak. The DS, like all systems before it, has run it's course. And to do a game of this magnitude on a lower-level game system would hinder it completely, even demolish the whole game's upgraded value. The DS has been around for awhile now, and the 3DS has been having record sale. With Pokemon as a guide, those who don't have a 3DS will get one, it's inevitable. While I still love my old DS Lite, my 3DS needs a little more love, since I only really use it for trading and as a back-up when the DS Lite's battery is charging. I may just have to buy another one so I can continue trading among myself. But it's time the games moved onto a more powerful console that can handle the updated graphics and whatnot.

    People will be willing to pay the price for a 3DS if it means they can have a powerful, awesomely designed, and highly popular game on it. Hey, I was willing to pay for a PS3 so I could play Ratchet and Clank Future series and beyond, even though for a long time I wasn't willing to do so. It's a smart move, and the 3DS needs something highly popular to motivate it's sales and make it seem more desirable. I don't follow your argument much at all. Technology evolves and upgrades as time goes on, while older versions goes obsolete at the same time, so it's only natural they would use a more powerful system for a newly upgraded, yet highly popular, game series. It only makes sense. So, no, it is a very intelligent maneuver on Nintendo and Game Freak's part. Plus it will just create more profit for Nintendo in the long-run.
    Yeah well I guess I'll end up buying the 3DS...but I don't know. Even as a Pokemon fan, getting an expensive hardware just to play one software seems a little, too luxurious? Well, of course they'd release other pokemon games on the 3DS eventually (RSE remakes might come next), but I don't know just yet.

    Really, whoever said gaming wasn't welfare, I definitely agree with ya, bro. Gaming is such an expensive hobby ;_;

    EDIT: and it's a little frustrating to see people think that all we need to do to buy a 3DS we just have to "save" money and problem solved? Since when was life so easy?

  5. #50
    Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    271
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    You don't have to be running anywhere. It's January, the games come out in October. Plenty of time to start saving / dropping hints for birthday/Christmas presents perhaps. There's plenty of time. Idk about where you are, but you can pick up decent pre-owned ones here for reasonable prices. Unless you're snobby about pre-owned, in which case... well I have nothing to say to that really. I just don't understand it.
    Even so I've also got bills to pay which sucks cause I'd rather save my money. As for pre-owned I'm not against it because my DS was a pre-own until it broke now I'm using one of my friends old DS's seeing as how I'm the only one in the group that still doesn't have a 3DS.

  6. #51
    Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    194

    Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    I hate how I'll have to spend a few hundred dollars just to get a new game instead of the usual $35-$40, because I'll have to get a 3DS, but it'll happen anyways because BW/B2W2 gave me a lot of hope for the future. HGSS was decent, but it was so boring and pointless (as much as RBY & GSC were) after completing the storyline that I was really disappointed. Gamefreak drew me back in with Gen 5.
    Midorikawa likes this.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

  7. #52
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,667
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chella182 View Post
    You don't have to be running anywhere. It's January, the games come out in October. Plenty of time to start saving / dropping hints for birthday/Christmas presents perhaps. There's plenty of time. Idk about where you are, but you can pick up decent pre-owned ones here for reasonable prices. Unless you're snobby about pre-owned, in which case... well I have nothing to say to that really. I just don't understand it.
    Even so I've also got bills to pay which sucks cause I'd rather save my money. As for pre-owned I'm not against it because my DS was a pre-own until it broke now I'm using one of my friends old DS's seeing as how I'm the only one in the group that still doesn't have a 3DS.
    Bills, tuitions, taxes, etc etc... there are so many life issues that we have to spend money on. My current DS is also previously my sister's - I only own the software as I couldn't afford my own DS. I'll eventually get a used one somehow, but yeah...

  8. #53
    Revert & Reverberate Miar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Planet Miar
    Posts
    1,636
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Doesn't matter. New Pokémon. If you love the series, it's worth it.

    Actually, I already have a 3DS. I wanted the Dream Radar for my White 2 (and NSMB2 was fun.)

    Yeah, this'll really boost sales (bonus points if it becomes downloadable)

  9. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Many of the fans, like me, had not gotten a 3DS because there were no Pokémon main series games. I'm getting one now.

    I don't think it was unwise. People had been waiting for this ever since the 3DS was announced. After all, after Mario, Pokémon is the most popular Nintendo franchise.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

  10. #55
    Still the coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,102
    Blog Entries
    84

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Many of the fans, like me, had not gotten a 3DS because there were no Pokémon main series games. I'm getting one now.

    I don't think it was unwise. People had been waiting for this ever since the 3DS was announced. After all, after Mario, Pokémon is the most popular Nintendo franchise.
    Agreed! This is just like the transition from Gen 3 to Gen 4 for me. Back when Diamond and Pearl were announced, I didn't have a DS because 'there were no Pokémon main series games.'

    This move to the 3DS was a must. The DS is dying (if not dead) and the Pokémon franchise needs this upgrade.

  11. #56
    needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    142

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Definitely time to move on, though I'll admit I'll be a little sore because I don't have a second 3DS, so by the time the next games come around I won't be able to trade over without the GTS. Anyway. It won't kill me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

  12. #57
    ˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs Apex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On Stranger Tides
    Posts
    579

    Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    I mean, hell, I need to buy two now. One for me and one my friend who won't get it himself....

    Unlike when BW and BW2 were being announced I always argued that they were going to be on the DS. But een before the html code was released I could see how it was going to be a 3ds title.



    SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

  13. #58
    Registered User Red Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Looks like I'll have to update my previous figure of Japanese 3DS hardware sales of 9.82 million. According to IGN the system has sold about 250K systems since the last update on VGChartz (less than a month), allowing it to top 10 million systems sold. That's partially due to the release of the new Animal Crossing.

    This just reinforces the justification behind Nintendo's decision; killer apps move hardware, and Pokemon is their biggest handheld killer app.

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/nintendo-3ds-shifts-over-10-million-units-in-japan
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

  14. #59
    Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sandgem Town
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    it was always gonna be on 3DS i just hoped they might make seperate games for the DS Since there still some money in it.. i guess not :( i will have to spend a load of money which could be used on more important things to follow pokemon
    Midorikawa likes this.


  15. #60
    Darkrai ♥ Jerbuta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Southend-On-Sea, Essex
    Posts
    36

    Visit Jerbuta's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    I think it's good in a way because they're expanding into their new 3D console with a main series game, although, I think they should release a standard 2D version for the DS also. A 2D version is unlikely however because Nintendo want people to purchase the 3DS/XL so they can rake in more cash. :(
    ♥ Pokemon TCG(O) and Pokemon Manga ♥



    Click me to see my contributions and work in the Bulbagarden Network!


    3DS FC: 0060-9530-3133
    BLACK FC: 3053-6598-2300
    BLACK 2 FC: 3096-5330-3234[/SIZE]

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •