Only for 3DS? - Page 3

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

WOOT?

Nintendo why wasn't Ruby and Sapphire also for the GBC?

Nintendo why wasn't Diamon and Pearl for the GBA also?

WHY WHY? I don't understund...

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

The number of people I already know that are going to buy a 3DS specifically for Pokemon X and Y... It will help 3DS sales, not hurt Pokemon's. In fact, leaving it on the DS would probably hurt sales more, with people looking at as the same thing again.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Red Inferno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    While I'm very excited with the new pokemon games being on the 3DS, it seems sort of like a waste just to be buying an expensive 3DS for a single Pokemon game because I don't play games that aren't pokemon. (then again, if they release RSE remakes or other pokemon stuff later on the 3DS, it could be more less a waste). I'm going to look for used 3DS, though it might be hard. Even after the price cut, the 3DS is STILL expensive, and the software itself is bound to be expensive as well.
    Where are you from? In the US the MSRP for most new DS games is $35 (which every Pokemon game retails for, even years after release) while the MSRP is $40 for new 3DS games. It's only a difference of $5, which isn't much. In fact, HGSS still retail for about $40 here (due to the Pokewalker I guess), so it would be the same price as X&Y.
    I wasn't talking about the software. I was talking about the HARDWARE. The 3DS itself.

I just looked up a homepage for the price of a 3DS hardware that comes with one 3DS game software.

For simplicity's sake, let's say 1$ equals 1,000 won.

The total price for one 3DS hardware and one 3DS software is 263,040 won, which is approximately 263$. even if we estimate the software to be around 30$, the hardware itself is 230$ approximately.

So yeah. I still have to give friggin 200$ for a 3DS hardware AT LEAST. And that was priced as an event discount, so heaven knows how much the HARDWARE really is. Probably around 300$ or so.

While I'm very excited with the new pokemon games being on the 3DS, it seems sort of like a waste just to be buying an expensive 3DS for a single Pokemon game because I don't play games that aren't pokemon. (then again, if they release RSE remakes or other pokemon stuff later on the 3DS, it could be more less a waste). I'm going to look for used 3DS, though it might be hard. Even after the price cut, the 3DS is STILL expensive, and the software itself is bound to be expensive as well.
    Where are you from? In the US the MSRP for most new DS games is $35 (which every Pokemon game retails for, even years after release) while the MSRP is $40 for new 3DS games. It's only a difference of $5, which isn't much. In fact, HGSS still retail for about $40 here (due to the Pokewalker I guess), so it would be the same price as X&Y.
    I wasn't talking about the software. I was talking about the HARDWARE. The 3DS itself.

I just looked up a homepage for the price of a 3DS hardware that comes with one 3DS game software.

For simplicity's sake, let's say 1$ equals 1,000 won.

The total price for one 3DS hardware and one 3DS software is 263,040 won, which is approximately 263$. even if we estimate the software to be around 30$, the hardware itself is 230$ approximately.

So yeah. I still have to give friggin 200$ for a 3DS hardware AT LEAST. And that was priced as an event discount, so heaven knows how much the HARDWARE really is. Probably around 300$ or so.
    I wasn't really disputing the hardware price. From what I gather it's pretty expensive in some territories and more affordable in others. I was more curious on the software since you mentioned that too.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Video gaming can be an expensive hobby. That's nothing new. This ain't welfare.
    Owain and Mucrush like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I wasn't really disputing the hardware price. From what I gather it's pretty expensive in some territories and more affordable in others. I was more curious on the software since you mentioned that too.
    The reason why I mentioned that was because BW had been pretty expensive compared to B2W2 - so I was guessing them to be expensive because they mark the start of the new generation. I'm not going to be surprised if the softwares cost 50$ each, imo.

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

Having it just for the 3DS means I most likely won't be getting the games when it comes out because I can't afford to be running out and buying a new 3DS.
    Midorikawa likes this.

El_
    Blog Entries

I now actually have a reason to get a 3DS, so yes I definitely support 3DS only. Having it be on the Nintendo DS would have been horrible and the console is not capable of what we witnessed in the trailer.

Gold/Silver were Gameboy Color only.
    Ruby/Sapphire were only for the Gameboy Advanced.
    Diamond/Pearl were only for the Nintendo DS.
    (Black/White were released on the same console, but at the cost it needed to be different than Gen 4)

Technology marches on, nothing new.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I now actually have a reason to get a 3DS, so yes I definitely support 3DS only. Having it be on the Nintendo DS would have been horrible and the console is not capable of what we witnessed in the trailer.

Gold/Silver were Gameboy Color only.
    Ruby/Sapphire were only for the Gameboy Advanced.
    Diamond/Pearl were only for the Nintendo DS.
    (Black/White were released on the same console, but at the cost it needed to be different than Gen 4)

Technology marches on, nothing new.
    Correction, Crystal was GBC only, GS could be played on the GB.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I picked up a 3DS for the Dream Radar stuff the other day, but I may end up picking up an XL when these come out in addition.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I have a 3DS but I think I'll start saving up for a 3DSxl to play X & Y on, using my regular 3DS for trades.

My head is about to explode, by the way.

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

About time they moved on to the 3DS! The DS has had a good lifespan, but it's time to lay it to rest. Viva 3DS!

I've owned the 3DS ever since the European launch of the original model, so my body has been ready for a good while now!
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Is anyone actually surprised by this?

(s-u-r-p-r-i-s-e-d not b-i-a-s-e-d btw)

I mean, come on, it was pretty obvious, the DS had an amazing runtime, but it's long dead now, Pokémon, like all franchises, needs to adapt, besides the fact that the 3DS was also a huge sucess, it's gonna make even MORE money now, and besides, you can still play DS games on a 3DS, so it's cool for me.

(Has a 3DS since june 2012)

Blog Entries

The real question here is whether or not computers will have a good 3DS emulator by this fall.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    The real question here is whether or not computers will have a good 3DS emulator by this fall.
    Well who knows. Never underestimate the hackers. I heard they even made emulators for the Wii - but apparently it causes problems to your computer.

But that aside, the I should keep my eyes open for used 3DS - in case someone wants to sell it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast