Only for 3DS? - Page 18

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Only for 3DS?

People are now discussing demos for the DS? What purpose would that serve? It's pokemon, you should have a good idea of how it plays, and it would be technically impossible to give a demo of the full experience: at best it would be a "lite" version and at worst it would be a 8 minute long extension of Generation V.
    Charazemma and Branellope like this.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo123 View Post
    i didnt like it,because some pepole cant afford a 3ds
    What are you on about? You mean you think XY should be on DS too?

DS is dead, get over it. If it was 2011 I'd almost understand, but the 3DS has been out for over two years now.
    I can't begin to explain why a DS demo for it would be horrible, since it is the single most ridiculous idea I've ever heard in my entire life. Hey, while we're at it, let's talk about how great it would have been if DP were out on GBA, shall we?

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

There's absolutely no point in making a demo for the DS if it's being made for the 3DS.

People need to accept the fact they need to upgrade their systems, just like when R/S and D/P were released.

Quote Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
    I can't begin to explain why a DS demo for it would be horrible, since it is the single most ridiculous idea I've ever heard in my entire life.
    Short answer is: The demo version is always on the same system as the real thing. If GF decides to have a downloadable XY demo it will certainly be a 3DS demo, will probably end after your first Rival battle and trip across the first route out of hometown, and will probably feature being able to transfer the demo's save file to the full retail version (like PMD Gates to Infinity has).
    UnovaCastaway and Silverwynde like this.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
    I can't begin to explain why a DS demo for it would be horrible, since it is the single most ridiculous idea I've ever heard in my entire life.
    Short answer is: The demo version is always on the same system as the real thing. If GF decides to have a downloadable XY demo it will certainly be a 3DS demo, will probably end after your first Rival battle and trip across the first route out of hometown, and will probably feature being able to transfer the demo's save file to the full retail version (like PMD Gates to Infinity has).
    That's the polite version of explaining it.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

I bought a 3DS a year and a half ago but sold it after seven months. I bought another one after finding out that the new Pokémon games were being released on it. It doesn't bother me at all having to buy a new console (I even had the option of having six months interest free to pay it - that would have worked out at just £22/month). Upside is that since I bought my first one they brought out a pink one. and my other one was a different region so I would have had to import it anyway.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Heya, I'm planning to buy a 3DS just because of the Pokémon X&Y (I hope I can get the Pikachu edition). But I wonder, are there any other games that I could enjoy on this console? It's a bit expensive to play only pokémon X or Y on it

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nereus View Post
    But I wonder, are there any other games that I could enjoy on this console? It's a bit expensive to play only pokémon X or Y on it
    Plenty. Mystery Dungeon, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus, Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem... Not to mention the eShop downloads which include classic games and download-exclusive stuff. (you can up your account balance either through credit card or gift cards sold in video game stores) Then there's the software that comes with the system itself: Streetpass Mii Plaza (very addicting when you carry the system around with you everywhere), Nintendo Video (not like Youtube, but sometimes entertaining), Swapnote, and the AR games.

Plus, you can still play regular DS games on it so you have an extra outlet to trade/ transfer on your Gen IV and V games.

Trust me, X and Y will only be the gateway.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nereus View Post
    Heya, I'm planning to buy a 3DS just because of the Pokémon X&Y (I hope I can get the Pikachu edition). But I wonder, are there any other games that I could enjoy on this console? It's a bit expensive to play only pokémon X or Y on it
    Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    Super Mario 3D Land
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
    New Super Mario Bros. 2

And there's also the upcoming Yoshi's Island title and Zelda: A Link to the Past sequel. And I haven't even begun on eShop possibilities, like Zelda: Link's Awakening.

I'm surprised a lot of people here don't have a 3DS yet. Is Pokemon the only thing most Pokemon fans play or something? lol

Blog Entries

This happens everytime a new console comes out. Yes, you have to get a new console. Does it suck? Yes. But is it necessary? Yes.

追放されたバカ

Gaming is an expensive hobby. I don't even have Black 2 or White 2. It's not that I don't want it, I just can't afford it, let alone a 3DS. Nonetheless, I can see why this is the case. The 3DS is the new hand-held. If they want to make more sales, I think they should keep it, only for the 3DS. If people only buy a 3DS, only for the next generation games, that's still because of the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    I'm surprised a lot of people here don't have a 3DS yet. Is Pokemon the only thing most Pokemon fans play or something? lol
    Would that be hard to believe? Pokémon is one of the three franchises I follow nowadays... and it's the only one I still play on a handheld console.

Although, seeing as I've bought my 3DS specifically for Pokémon I decided to pick up a new game outside of my interests to try it out. I'm not going to purchase it's prequel based on it, but it's still fun.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by .vulpixie View Post
    Would that be hard to believe? Pokémon is one of the three franchises I follow nowadays... and it's the only one I still play on a handheld console.
    Yes, it would. I would have thought Pokemon fans could be a little more open-minded. Not that enjoying Pokemon is a bad thing (it's a great series), it's just that there are plenty of good games that aren't Pokemon.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by .vulpixie View Post
    Yes, it would. I would have thought Pokemon fans could be a little more open-minded. Not that enjoying Pokemon is a bad thing (it's a great series), it's just that there are plenty of good games that aren't Pokemon.
    I don't understand your logic. How exactly does not playing a bunch of different games make someone close-minded? Everyone has different tastes and just because you think some games are good, doesn't mean someone else will enjoy them, or even want to play them.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I don't understand your logic. How exactly does not playing a bunch of different games make someone close-minded? Everyone has different tastes and just because you think some games are good, doesn't mean someone else will enjoy them, or even want to play them.
    Okay, perhaps I should rephrase. Would "I would have thought Pokemon fans played more than just Pokemon since they're gamers" be better? And I never said anyone had to play exactly what I do. I'm sure there are games I don't play that Pokemon fans would enjoy too. What I meant was that at least SOME people would probably enjoy at least SOME of the other games I play. Not everyone, just some people.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast