Only for 3DS? - Page 12

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Default Re: Only for 3DS?

Well I won my DS back in the days... (lucky me, wheee)
    But after then, I bought a DSLite and DSi... I didn't mind buying a 3DS, I was actually really excited to buy one when I did (but it was back when it was expensive D: )

But I can see why people are complaining, but it wouldn't make sense to keep up with the DS still... :S

Nemo me impune lacessit Dialgarules's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a 3DS because my DS Lite has been broken for two years. :/ So it doesn't bother me at all. I can see why it might bother some, but it's time to move on. I was surprised when B2W2 were DS.

Visit Politoed186's Youtube Channel

Not releasing it for the 3DS would be like releasing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for the Gameboy. It is time to take a step forward into the next generation.

I'm personally not surprised at all X and Y will be on the 3DS.

...Sure, I loved how B/W 2 were on the DS.... but now, it's time to move on. The DS had lived a long life.
    Besides, three generations for the DS... would have been a bit too much IMO.

I don't even have a 3DS, but I'm glad X and Y are being made for it.
    Rocky505, Rex Kamex and The_Doctor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    For my birthday earlier this month, Mum bought me the limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL. I already owned a 3DS and I upgraded for XY.
    That's epic.

I'm planning on upgrading to XL for the release of X & Y too. Not sure whether to keep my regular 3DS or sell it. It'd be handy for trading with myself but I kinda feel like going 'back to the old school' and only buying one version and then rely on trading to complete my Dex. I completed the National Dex on White without trading with anyone other than myself...nowhere near the same sense of achievement as if I had traded with people.
    Nice, same here. I'll probably be upgrading for XY too. I'm hoping that have some release day 3DS XL + X/Y bundles. If they do have those bundles at least by the release week, then I'll be upgrading and transferring all my 3DS data to the XL. I can't wait! I hope the bundles are epic, or at least as good as the BW ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post
    I know I have said this many times, but what's your guy's opinion for the 'Only for 3DS' format? Do you personally like it?

I personally think it wasn't that wise of a move for Game Freak and Company because though many people do have 3DS systems, many fans haven't upgraded yet because they have a fairly high price. Also, I think that completely dumping sprites was not a best decision but any people have said that they like the 3d models to the sprites.
    Yes both Pokemon X and Y are available only for the 3DS. Who knows maybe by the time of release, a lot of improvement have been made in the game which will entice gamers to switch to 3DS.

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Already own a 3DS XL. Waiting for the game to come out. <looks at watch>
    Charazemma likes this.
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

I'm planning to pick up whatever XL package comes out IF they do that - if such occurs, I'd be happy to offer my current XL to someone for a fair amount below retail since it's a used [but still quite new] unit. Not sure how helpful that would be when we reach that point, but figured it might set someone up w/o them having to sink full price into a XL :)

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrush View Post
    Well I won my DS back in the days... (lucky me, wheee)
    But after then, I bought a DSLite and DSi... I didn't mind buying a 3DS, I was actually really excited to buy one when I did (but it was back when it was expensive D: )

But I can see why people are complaining, but it wouldn't make sense to keep up with the DS still... :S
    Wow nice to see someone else who won their DS in a way. I didn't technically win mine, I won 100$ to buy mine with at a High School Football game.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe the 3DS seems more expensive because it's not worth as much.

There were many great games for GBA and DS, even before the Pokemon games came out. There are currently fewer for 3DS.
    Yato likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

There were many great games for GBA and DS, even before the Pokemon games came out. There are currently fewer for 3DS.
    But what you have to remember is like the 3DS, the DS's initial games library for it's 1st year was pretty sparse - the 3DS compounded this initially with a paltry set of games AND a really high price point. Both issues are easily being corrected as 3DS pricing is pretty reasonable now and it's got more then enough awesome games available, with more on the way.

Yay Fire Emblem next week! >.>

3DS FC Crackseed - 3711-8003-2965 | Fire Safari - Growlithe - Pyroar - Braixen

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crackseed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

But what you have to remember is like the 3DS, the DS's initial games library for it's 1st year was pretty sparse - the 3DS compounded this initially with a paltry set of games AND a really high price point. Both issues are easily being corrected as 3DS pricing is pretty reasonable now and it's got more then enough awesome games available, with more on the way.

Yay Fire Emblem next week! >.>
    It all depends on what people are willing to buy. If the 3DS produces fantastic games the mass market (and ourselves) is clamoring for, then this discussion will probably not be meaningful.
    Yato likes this.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Of course it is only going to be on the 3DS. When have they ever made the same main series game on more than one different console?? They aren't going to keep making the games for the same consoles. Ever since the beginning they make new Pokemon games for new consoles because the older consoles stop selling after a while, especially when they start introducing a new, more improved console. I understand it may be expensive, but all fans have always had to get a new console if they wanted to keep playing Pokemon games, and that will never stop.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post
    I know I have said this many times, but what's your guy's opinion for the 'Only for 3DS' format? Do you personally like it?

I personally think it wasn't that wise of a move for Game Freak and Company because though many people do have 3DS systems, many fans haven't upgraded yet because they have a fairly high price. Also, I think that completely dumping sprites was not a best decision but any people have said that they like the 3d models to the sprites.
    Yup, had to buy the new console myself too, but it's not really their problem bro. Technology moves, you gotta adjust. 3DS is already a fairly old system, considering you can't probably even update it like a PC. Idk if we could be able to enjoy the 3d graphic (which XY is said to use in maximum scale) on DSes which have grown old by now.

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

The 3DS is widely available, and at great prices, sales are going on this week all over NA in response to the Pikachu 3DS XL. There are many opportunities to purchase the 3DS at cheaper prices than the DSiXL. Anyhow, it's the state of console gaming; technology evolves, the games move beyond the current to the latest gear. It's been that way since the initial Game Boy was available. Now, I'm sorry if you can't afford it, but that's business, that's the market. As consumers, we all know this game, we either buy into it, or step out.

I fully support the "Only on 3DS".
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast