Only for 3DS? - Page 10

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 294
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

  1. #136
    Can he fix it? Bob the Builder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The construction site
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    They did it for the money. All for the money.

  2. #137
    }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{ Dralcax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    150

    Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    People bought Gameboy Color for Crystal.
    People bought Gameboy Advance for RSE.
    People bought the DS for DPP.
    So WHY won't they buy the 3DS for XY? The DS has been used for more main series Pokemon games than any other console. Think about it.
    Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2. By now Nintendo can plainly see that the DS is clearly obsolete.

  3. #138
    Registered User Xybirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Pokemon has long overstayed it's welcome on the DS. It housed two whole generations, and that's not even counting the spin off games.

  4. #139
    Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    255
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    I approve the idea of having Pokemon X and Y exclusive to the 3DS. The 3DS has been doing better in recent times, so I think Pokemon X and Y will have systems sell like crazy. Besides, we can't stick with one system forever. The DS has been out for a long time now, so we are all ready to move on.
    kingdragon33 likes this.

  5. #140
    Registered User Cabecote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post
    I know I have said this many times, but what's your guy's opinion for the 'Only for 3DS' format? Do you personally like it?

    I personally think it wasn't that wise of a move for Game Freak and Company because though many people do have 3DS systems, many fans haven't upgraded yet because they have a fairly high price. Also, I think that completely dumping sprites was not a best decision but any people have said that they like the 3d models to the sprites.
    Games are going to be released in October. By then, 3DS owners should increase.

    Besides, many people will buy 3DS because of Pokémon.
    ^THIS. I'm one of these people. I still have a DS Lite and I'm still deciding if I buy a 3DS on March (my birthday) or if I wait for October for the Pokémon X/Y release (I'm assuming that there will be a 3DS + Pokemon X/Y type of sales)...
    "I will always love you Veigar" - Lulu

  6. #141
    En Route to Kalos Narcisse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Vermilion City
    Posts
    192
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_tepig View Post
    They did it for the money. All for the money.
    ... you say this as if Game Freak should have 'stuck it to the man' and kept Pokemon on DS.

    I don't mean any disrespect but it amazes me that there's 10 pages worth of comments on this topic. There was no, I repeat, no reason for Game Freak or Nintendo to bring out the next Pokemon games on the DS.

    I mean, literally, fundamentally, emphatically no reason.
    Joshawott likes this.

  7. #142
    Registered User Usagi-Zakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    566

    Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    They might as well have just kept it on the original Game Boy then:p Not everybody had GBA when Ruby and Sapphire came out. Or a DS when Diamond and Pearl came out.
    I personally bought GBA for Ruby and Sapphire, and I bought Platinum BEFORE even buying a DS (I used my brother's:P) and now I've bought a 3DS for Pokèmon X and Y...and the chance of going online as my DSlite doesn't support WPA.
    Pokèmon was also the reason I wished for a Game Boy Color for my birthday way back in the day. The GBA was the first console I bought for my own money.

    The 3DS isn't really that much more expensive than the DSlite was when I bought that either, and it wasn't even the newest model at the time.

  8. #143
    Keeper of Time Ange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Temporal Dimension
    Posts
    737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_tepig View Post
    They did it for the money. All for the money.
    These kind of arguments are never valid, because this is exactly what companies do. It is not, and never was, anything new.

    This thread was finished on page one already, the fact that it made it to 10 pages amazes me greatly.
    Narcisse likes this.

    Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate
    Avatar drawn by me.

  9. #144
    Registered User Shiny Froslass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

    I think it was time they moved to the next console but I am pretty annoyed because I haven't bought the 3ds yet so Im going to have to before the games release :9
    My Black FC: 3182 3095 6672


  10. #145
    20% Cooler Rainbow Dashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    36
    Add Rainbow Dashie on Facebook
    Follow Rainbow Dashie on Tumblr

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Conveniently I got a 3DS for Christmas, but I need to get another one by the time the games come out. That way I'll be able to trade with myself.
    I was able to make a deal with mom. If I get all A's either this quarter or next quarter, she'll get me another. None of the classes I'm in seem like they'll be hard to pass, but passing with all A's will still be a challenge. A 3DS is a great incentive in any case, especially because if I don't get it that way I'll need to spend over $100 getting a used one at Gamestop.
    I do have an ace up my sleeve; the games come out in October, which is the same month as my birthday. I should be able to convince my parents to do the same deal with me that they did with Black 2 and White 2, where I pay full price for the preorder of one and then they pay full price for the preorder of the other one and call it a birthday present.

  11. #146
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    I wonder if they'll release any limited edition 3DS XY bundles? I already have a 3DS, but the idea sounds quite tempting.
    Blue 3DSXL with silver trimmings for Xerneas and a Black 3DSXL with red trimmings for Yveltal would be the best way to go with it.
    Cabecote and Joshawott like this.

  12. #147
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    I'm leaning toward getting a 3DS XL because

    A) It lasts way longer than the 3DS
    B) there's no blue 3DS...seriously, why is there no blue 3DS? I know there's a Cobalt color that looks sick, but it's not out in America.
    There's one bundled with Fire Emblem that's cobalt.

    EDIT: Ninja'd by a couple of days. I need to read more before I reply.

  13. #148
    Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rage City
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabecote View Post
    ^THIS. I'm one of these people. I still have a DS Lite and I'm still deciding if I buy a 3DS on March (my birthday) or if I wait for October for the Pokémon X/Y release (I'm assuming that there will be a 3DS + Pokemon X/Y type of sales)...
    Buy on March and play Mystery Dungeon :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi-Zakura View Post
    The 3DS isn't really that much more expensive than the DSlite was when I bought that either, and it wasn't even the newest model at the time.
    When my old DS died I chose 3DS only kbecause DSi was bare 10% cheaper. Just DSi didn‘t worth it, despite I haven‘t even bought any 3DS game yet, aside from PES12 that came bundled with my 3DS.
    Cabecote likes this.

    Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

  14. #149
    Registered User Usagi-Zakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    566

    Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi-Zakura View Post
    The 3DS isn't really that much more expensive than the DSlite was when I bought that either, and it wasn't even the newest model at the time.
    When my old DS died I chose 3DS only kbecause DSi was bare 10% cheaper. Just DSi didn‘t worth it, despite I haven‘t even bought any 3DS game yet, aside from PES12 that came bundled with my 3DS.
    That's basically what happened to me too. Though my DSlite didn't die, its just that we recently got a new router with WPA2, so It couldn't get online.
    I had the choice between buying a DSi or a 3DS; and even before X and Y was announced I decided to buy 3DS (despite not being a huge fan of 3D itself) because I figured I might as well buy the newest model, in case something good would come out later, and I knew people will soon stop making games for the original DS.

    And the what happened? New Pokèmon game for 3DS. I saw that one coming.

  15. #150
    ♥ Grand Riser ♥ Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Battle Maison
    Posts
    7,020
    Blog Entries
    102

    Default Re: Only for 3DS?

    This didn't surprise me in the least. I was expecting a jump to 3DS for a while now; in fact, I had started saving up my quarters last year so that I could buy a 3DS and my copy of B2. I got beaten to the punch, though--my hubby got my 3DS for me. I'm really glad he did. I don't have Wi Fi issues with my 3DS like I do with my DS fat and DSLite.

    However...

    It is very expensive to upgrade. I should know. With bills, taxes, food an everything else there ain't a lot of money to spare. Back in the day, I was outright flinching over the fact that I would need a GBA for Ruby and wasn't sure where I'd find the cash. I ended up buying one for my hubby and using his to play my copy of Ruby while he played Sapphire at work. It sucked but not as badly as not having the games. If my hubby hadn't grabbed a 3DS for me, I'd be in the exact same boat and complaining just as loudly. But I'm also willing to bet that Gamestop or some other store like it will offer buybacks for old DSs and DSLites just in time for X and Y. Keep your eyes peeled. It may happen. Or you could do the insane thing like I did and save your pocket change. (I know, I know--are you out of your mind, that will take forever, etc. But saving up quarters can help. I have nearly $600 stashed away thanks to saving my coins for nearly a year. It is a thought and hey, who really misses a bunch of dimes out of their pocket?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor jokool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Still not as bad as when the shift between GenII and GenIII occured, *shudders*
    Oh God.... That was a nightmare for me when I found out I couldn't get my Pokémon on Gold to Sapphire.... Let's hope that never happens again.... *also shudders*
    Ugh, don't go there. I'm still upset about leaving my poor Venusaur Bruticus on Crystal. One day the battery will die and so will he...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    I'm leaning toward getting a 3DS XL because

    A) It lasts way longer than the 3DS
    B) there's no blue 3DS...seriously, why is there no blue 3DS? I know there's a Cobalt color that looks sick, but it's not out in America.
    The closest thing America has to a blue is that greenish blue one that I had until my idiotic brother knocked a drink onto my bed and soaked it. Plus it killed it. I'm wanting to go buy a Red 3DSXL now.
    You mean the Aqua one? I have that one. I pretty much wanted to get it for a very specific reason: I loved the color. It reminds me of...Well, gee. It's greenish blue. Who do you think it reminds me of? (Yeah, who didn't see that one coming?)

    Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •