Only for 3DS?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Only for 3DS?

Blog Entries

Default Only for 3DS?

I know I have said this many times, but what's your guy's opinion for the 'Only for 3DS' format? Do you personally like it?

I personally think it wasn't that wise of a move for Game Freak and Company because though many people do have 3DS systems, many fans haven't upgraded yet because they have a fairly high price. Also, I think that completely dumping sprites was not a best decision but any people have said that they like the 3d models to the sprites.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Only for 3Ds?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post
    I know I have said this many times, but what's your guy's opinion for the 'Only for 3DS' format? Do you personally like it?

I personally think it wasn't that wise of a move for Game Freak and Company because though many people do have 3DS systems, many fans haven't upgraded yet because they have a fairly high price. Also, I think that completely dumping sprites was not a best decision but any people have said that they like the 3d models to the sprites.
    Games are going to be released in October. By then, 3DS owners should increase.

Besides, many people will buy 3DS because of Pokémon.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Pokemon is going to facilitate that transition to 3DS very nicely. Nothing sells systems like Pokemon. They aren't losing money on this with the amount of money they're making Nintendo pushing their handheld.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

I already have a 3DS so i'm fine with it. I think it's time GF moves from DS and into 3DS. another generation on the DS would be sort of hindering progression imo

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The Nintendo DS is an obsolete console in Nintendo's mind now. The 3DS was launched 2 years ago, so it's only natural that the Pokémon franchise would move on.

It's a very wise move for GameFreak and Nintendo when you look at the Japanese sales charts - the 3DS has been the best selling video game console every week since the price cut. Also, today it was announced that the console managed to sell 100 million units in 100 weeks, which only one other console before it has done.

I already have a 3DS and I'm upgrading to an XL for this not just for the fun of saying that I'm playing X on an XL

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Why would they have stayed with the DS? it's dead. It was time for Game Freak to move on, they obviously were working on this for a long while now, they will sell a literal ton of 3DSes because of this. I have one already but if I didnt the first thing Id want to do is go buy one, heck I might even buy another for trading.
    Owain, Lennon and sonic10158 like this.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Yeah, a lot of fans will buy a 3DS specifically for Pokemon X and Y. I bought my 3DS last year (in France too, what a coincidence) because I knew this would eventually happen.
    Rex Kamex, Frossladdie and Mucrush like this.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

No, it's about time Pokémon moved systems. DS has been out for a while now. It needs to move with the times, if it didn't we'd still be playing on the Game Boy!

Nyx

Of course it's a wise move, just like moving onto the GBA and then onto the DS. I'm absolutely fine with having to buy a 3DS, since the games look awesome. I really don't understand that logic.
    Mucrush likes this.

It's a fantastic idea. Pokemon can't stay on the DS forever. It's been stuck there since 2006.

I have a 3DS XL already, so I'm not fussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Much as I don't like having to buy a 3DS, it was time for the series to move console. So yes, the move is justified in every possible way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

A Game like this could not have been made for the DS. It would already be a fool's errand to try and keep revolutionizing the gameplay on an obsolete console that has been around for nearly 8 years.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Yeah, also, this gives me more of a reason to totally want that Fire Emblem themed 3DS that Japan got. Two 3DSs = trading and stuff. That FE themed 3DS just needs to get released here along with FE: Awakening! I'd pay a lot of money for that beautiful console!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post

I do not think there was anyone that didn't expect Gen VI to be for 3DS. The DS has been very well represented, it has had two generations, and nine main series games over it's lifetime. It is time to move on to the new hardware.

I'm holding out hope that they have preserved the use of sprite art in some way. It would be a shame if sprites have been completely abandoned.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I think it was time to move to the 3DS.

The DS is dead, accept it.
    Owain, Lennon, sonic10158 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast