Oldies currently MIA. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oldies currently MIA.

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

I forgot Route 204 has 2 parts. Kirlia is in one, Sunkern the other.

The Dude Abides

Serebii claims that all Pokemon except starters and legendaries are available in either Diamond or Pearl. O_O
    So that's 431 Pokemon, unless I did my math wrong.

Yeah, for Generation V I'm actually hoping for GS remakes. If for nothing but the fact that fitting 600 or more Pokemon into one region feels really silly and like a bad idea. Splitting it up into two games would balance things out a bit more. O_o

So really, it looks like the Pal Park is only useful for highly trained Pokemon, Legendaries, and Starters . . .
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

If you call I will answer ANinyMouse's Avatar

Munchlax is found in the same way Minomuchi is -- by speading Sweet Honey on brown trees and waiting several hours. Sounds horrendously tedious.

Still not as junky as the method for obtaining Mikaruge. That's gonna be a pain.
    ~(E:>
    <:3)~

The Dude Abides

How does one obtain Mirukage, then?

How does one obtain Mirukage, then?
    You need to have a stone, drop it in a well, and then talk to 32 people who also have DP and can connect to you within the well - not with wifi, but with the Underground system. In other words, if you don't have at least one pal with Diamond or Pearl living near you, no Mirukage for you.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

EDIT: Damn, beaten to the punch. I have Mirakuge for trade for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You need to have a stone, drop it in a well, and then talk to 32 people who also have DP and can connect to you within the well - not with wifi, but with the Underground system. In other words, if you don't have at least one pal with Diamond or Pearl living near you, no Mirukage for you.
    What does the stone look like, and how do you go into the well?

The Dude Abides

Ouch. Fortunately, I know for sure that several people at my school will get Diamond or Pearl.

If you call I will answer ANinyMouse's Avatar

Once you have the stone, when you go up to the well there's an option to toss it in. Just press "A".

The stone can be obtained multiple times by digging in the underground, though Coronis wasn't sure if you could get Mikaruge more than once per game. If you could, then you might also be required to talk to someone 32 times again...

Basically, if you manage to get one of these things, BREED THEM FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
    ~(E:>
    <:3)~

I have it for those wanting the elusive fellow. I have one more to hand out, but can make more eggs for those requesting it.

Oooh! YAY!

I'll get a Fuwante Egg, ASAP.

Blog Entries

I would like to note that players can acquire 380 Pok&#233;mon in Diamond or Pearl on their own (less than that owing to the starters, but that much is a given), and 400 Pok&#233;mon when aided by players of the opposite version. The first number is no coincidence - it is the number required for completing the National Dex in FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald. The Pok&#233;mon unlocked by inserting GBA cartridges are still GBA-exclusive, though in a slightly different sense. In fact, even Regigigas is essentially GBA-exclusive, as it requires the transfer of Regirock, Regice and Registeel.

With that said, I am afraid that the above numbers coveniently ignore one important fact - Gorebyss and Huntail are still missing in action. Indeed, in everyone's haste to find new evolution methods, then account for at least one member of every non-region specific evolutionary line - the familiar evolution methods have been forgotten. While it is true that Clamperl is available in both games, there has been no record of either the Deep Sea Scale or Deep Sea Tooth.

These two items and the Upgrade item are unique in that they are each one of a kind. The tradition of only one Upgrade per a save file, started in Gold and Silver and continued in FireRed and LeafGreen (English version's Trainer Tower nonwithstanding), has been faithfully kept in tact in Diamond and Pearl. This time, it is given by Prof. Oak who references Silph. Co.

However, the Deep Sea Scale and Deep Sea Tooth are a different case, since Gorebyss and Huntail do not have new evolutions to warrant special treatment. Apparently, this means that it is better to leave Clamperl without evolutions (or power-up items), than to waste time on a cameo or reference to Hoenn's Capt. Stern.

Is there some law in Shin'ou forbidding the uttering of Hoenn's name outside the Super Contest Hall? Alternatively, if anyone can refute this by pointing out the items' whereabouts, please do so.

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

Relicanth and Chinchou/Lanturn hold Deepseascales.
    Carvanah/Sharpedo hold Deepseafangs.

Blog Entries

I should have thought of other Pok&#233;mon holding the items than Clamperl itself (as is the case with Metal Coat and Magnemite).

I suppose that I should be thankful for one oddity removed from the list, but it simply seems wrong to make these items suddenly attached to sea Pok&#233;mon when diving is not even an option. If to make matters worse, Relicanth ruins the equality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123