Oldies currently MIA. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oldies currently MIA.

No, since Munchlax has no location according to the dex, which leads me to suspect it's either a gift egg, or a daily hidden out of the way somewhere.
    Could it be that the egg Pinpuku is found in actually hatches into a randomized Gen 4 baby Pokemon like the egg in Crystal?
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Sak, just got a Wild Castform in the Mansion and a Swarm of Surskit at the Wisdom Lake
    Last edited by Serebii; 11th October 2006 at 02:46 AM.
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Of course... at the end of the day it could be one that needs to be bred from a Snorlax that's Pal Parked in...

But I agree that it would be odd not to be able to obtain a non-legend in the local 'dex in-game. I'm guessing it's in the outbreak list, but very rare.

Where a large electronic talking Charmander looks at me from beside the computer...

With the discovery of Smeargle in the grass in the vertical part of Route 212, every patch of Grass' Pokétore Pokémon is now accounted for, with the sole exception of that outside Guillotina's lair. I have no idea if there's one there or not considering I've spent ages searching without success, but if everyone else could also check it'd be much appreciated. Additionally, since I have yet to see a report of a fishing swarm, I'm wondering if Shellder, Staryu, Qwilfish and Relicanth could be catchable through normal fishing, just in an obscure area or with really low odds.

Counting evos, I'm currently counting 75 Pokemon on that list. Discounting Buzz/Magmar lines, 9 starters, and 19 legendaries, that's 109 Pokemon that we can't get so far - so the total for Diamond and Pearl alone is, at the moment, 387. Hopefully we can find a few more and jump the total to 400 X)

EDIT: Found Magnemite :O
    Last edited by Misty; 12th October 2006 at 10:31 AM.

I'm seriously confused on what the Poketore does...

I'm seriously confused on what the Poketore does...
    It lures out rare Pokemon and makes them stay in one place in the grass where they can be walked up to several times and battled in a row. It turns regular Pokemon in to Legendaries (stand in one place), essentially.

At this rate, I see little point for any of the Pokémon on the list to remain absent from the games. If there were such restictions on the number of available Pokémon between Diamond and Pearl, surely it would be Pokémon like Eevee, Porygon and Togepi that would be exclusive to the GBA games.

The idea behind spreading 433 Pokémon (excluding the Elekid and Magby lines for the need in GBA cartridges, as well as Regigigas and Aruseus which require GBA exclusive Pokémon) across Shin'ou is re-exploring routes and heavily relying on different means of trading. There would appear to be more than 100 exclusive Pokémon to each version, according to this:

For the first time, the two versions are not considered complementary - to each its own. In this way, 320 is the true number of overall Pokémon, since players may as well seek Pal Park for any Pokémon not found in their version.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th October 2006 at 02:07 AM.

Well now we know they weren't really joking when they said they wanted to include more Pokemon than ever before. Cripes. Shinou really makes the previous three generations' regions look like in-bred, backwater, deserts.

And what Pokemon exclusive on the GBA are required for Arseus?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Well now we know they weren't really joking when they said they wanted to include more Pokemon than ever before.
    Most people took that statement to mean that the Shin'ou Dex would register the highest number of Pokémon yet, allowing many Pokémon to be unlocked before the Pal Park becomes a viable option. Moreover, the consensus was that the majority of those Pokémon would be newly-seen ones. In terms of the Shin'ou Dex, the number of overall Pokémon is equivalent to Kanto, and that of new faces is barely on par with Johto (but they are still the majority).

Shinou really makes the previous three generations' regions look like in-bred, backwater, deserts.
    I would recommend actually playing the games before making such judgment. Again, from the perspective of each player Shin'ou becomes home to about 320 Pokémon, a reasonable upgrade from Emerald's Hoenn.

Now, I would not know how Prof. Oak addresses the abrupt migration of non-Shin'ou Dex Pokémon (or how Pokémon from the past are congregating at Pal Park), but I doubt he refers to Shin'ou as the epitome of all regions.

And what Pokemon exclusive on the GBA are required for Arseus?
    If the rumor is to be believed, all 48 GBA-exclusive Pokémon (excluding Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys, but including the Elekid and Magby lines) are necessary for unlocking Aruseus.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th October 2006 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post

For the first time, the two versions are not considered complementary - to each its own. In this way, 320 is the true number of overall Pokémon, since players may as well seek Pal Park for any Pokémon not found in their version.
    Where is this magic 320 number coming from?

It is located in the bottom red area, just above the black price tag.

Heym Sugimori art of the Final Forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    It is located in the bottom red area, just above the black price tag.
    That says 320 pages. Is there something else that states that there is one page per Pokémon?

I think that is the Official Guidebook probably then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast