Nintendo World Launch Event NYC?

Thread: Nintendo World Launch Event NYC?

Default Nintendo World Launch Event NYC?

I have no idea where to put this.

I haven't preordered the game yet because I'm assuming that there is going to be a special launch event at NW in New York City. I say this because Platinum had one, Dragon Quest 9 had one, and basically all other important Nintendo games. It should be a given that there will be one. I looked around and tried to find any info about one, but I can't. It's basically a week away.

So......... ideas?

Default Re: Nintendo World Launch Event NYC?

Huzzah did I call it or what.

Blog Entries

I think the Mall tour is taking the place of this.

Nope, this was announced like today or something. I shall be there!

Blog Entries

Apparently, the mall where the tour is behing held is only 20 minutes from NYC...

So, does that mean it would be possible to go to BOTH the mall tour in NJ and the launch party in NYC? O.O

Default Black and White Concept Art

Hi everyone. I heard that the New York city Pokemon Black & White launch event had a concept art gallery, according to Bulbapedia, as featuring gallery-like displays. Did anyone see this art, and if so, what was it like? I'm curious if they had character turn-around sheets of the gen V Pokemon from different angles, or if they had art depicting early or proto-typical versions of the Gen V Pokemon. An art lover like myself is very curious to know just what they had on display, so if anyone saw it and could let me know what it was like, I would appreciate it!!
    I hate cloned pokemon. Never offer me one under any circumstances in a trade. Ever.

FC: 4725 6606 7595
    Name: KERMIT

Trophies

Default Re: Black and White Concept Art

The art that was displayed during the NY launch event (I have no idea if the "exhibit" continued past that) was all environmental. There were some pencil-like sketches in black and white along with very painterly colorful images. I think only one of them actually had a Pokemon in it and it was very, very small. You had to really be looking for it to find it.

Thank you so much for your response!! As someone who is obsessed with Pokemon concept art (specifically what they looked like when they were still in development), I was going NUTS not knowing if there was anything like that at the event. The environments still sound cool, but I am relieved I didn't miss anything ground-breaking in that regard.
    It's funny, because I was on a fan-site and there was a person who mentioned seeing the art at the event and was like, "It was great to see what the pokemon of gen V were based off of!" I realize now he was probably BSing.
    I hate cloned pokemon. Never offer me one under any circumstances in a trade. Ever.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

They had some displayed at the London premiere as well. Most of the art was of Castelia City, and the square in the middle of the city (although, I think I can remember one image of Nacrene City). It was all either pencil sketches, or some roughly coloured in.

I don't recall seeing any actual Pokémon though.

Oh, I see!! I was curious about that one too. Thanks for the info!