The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread - Page 5

View Poll Results: Which new Nintendo 3DS feature are you looking forward to the most?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3D Gameplay

28 26.92%
  • StreetPass

25 24.04%
  • SpotPass

9 8.65%
  • Augmented Reality

9 8.65%
  • Gyroscope

4 3.85%
  • Improved Online Functionality

9 8.65%
  • Downloadable Content (DLC)

17 16.35%
  • Miiverse

3 2.88%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    The person before responded to me that Gamefreak could have always allowed the option of both. App for those without two systems, regular Poketransfer for those who do. I did not really need a response that frankly, comes off to me as rude.

As to why I can't access Wifi, it is not a matter of money.
    1) I wasn't aware that if one person replies to you that no-one else can. I'll keep that in mind in future.

2) Both would be great, and are most likely what GF will do. However, we must always consider that an option which makes the franchise the most money will be the option they choose. If they made us buy 2 DS systems to poketransfer before, it is at least on the cards, if not probable, that they will pull another moneymaking scheme to allow us to do it again.

3) If you choose to intrepret a post which clearly sympathises with your predicament as rudeness, that's entirely your decision.

4) Your inability to access wifi may not be down to money. However, for many it is. Going wireless costs extra - I know because I've done it, and I did it primarily to benefit from the extras of the Pokemon games. I doubt I'm the only fan in the world to do that; it's all part of the clever marketing as described in my post.
    Phoenixphlare likes this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Please add an "All of the Above" option!

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    What I am hoping for is for Game freak to release an app for the 3DS which allows you to transfer all your Pokemon from Black/White and Black 2/White 2 to the 'Pokemon box app' and then be able to transfer them to Pokemon Xand Y. It would make things easier and then we wouldn't need to purchase a second 3DS to transfer them.

I'm not sure if this idea will end up happening or not, and I'm willing to purchase another 3DS if I need to, however, I think an idea like this would be very beneficial to Pokemon fans.
    Please no.

As great of an idea as that is, which I do actually certainly think so otherwise, not everyone has the means of going to the eShop and purchasing apps. I certainly don't have the means since my house lacks WiFi and the local places have some pretty shitty WiFi. Basically, I'm stuck with no WiFi. So if transferring was exclusive to a downloadable app, I would be screwed. And I know that I'm not the only one without WiFi access.
    Why can't Game Freak do both? It would cater to both the people with only one 3DS and the people with no Wi Fi. I actually really like Akira Bond's idea of a Pokemon Box app, but it would be more of an inconvenience to me as I also own a DSi XL as well as a 3DS. If there were both, we'd all be happy.
    ...except for the people who want version exclusives but only have 1 3DS and is not allowed to bring electronics to school that can't help with schoolwork (ie gaming systems). Tablets and phones we can bring to take notes, pictures, use Internet, and use as a calculator, among other things. The 3DS... not so much.

I used the Delete button after I realized I double posted.
    Last edited by Akromatic; 23rd March 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post

EDIT:

What I am hoping for is for Game freak to release an app for the 3DS which allows you to transfer all your Pokemon from Black/White and Black 2/White 2 to the 'Pokemon box app' and then be able to transfer them to Pokemon Xand Y. It would make things easier and then we wouldn't need to purchase a second 3DS to transfer them.

I'm not sure if this idea will end up happening or not, and I'm willing to purchase another 3DS if I need to, however, I think an idea like this would be very beneficial to Pokemon fans.
    Please no.

As great of an idea as that is, which I do actually certainly think so otherwise, not everyone has the means of going to the eShop and purchasing apps. I certainly don't have the means since my house lacks WiFi and the local places have some pretty shitty WiFi. Basically, I'm stuck with no WiFi. So if transferring was exclusive to a downloadable app, I would be screwed. And I know that I'm not the only one without WiFi access.
    Why can't Game Freak do both? It would cater to both the people with only one 3DS and the people with no Wi Fi. I actually really like Akira Bond's idea of a Pokemon Box app, but it would be more of an inconvenience to me as I also own a DSi XL as well as a 3DS. If there were both, we'd all be happy.
    ...except for the people who want version exclusives but only have 1 3DS and is not allowed to bring electronics to school that can't help with schoolwork (ie gaming systems). Tablets and phones we can bring to take notes, pictures, use Internet, and use as a calculator, among other things. The 3DS... not so much.

pssh, never stopped me. When I was 10 and Pokemon Red and Blue where the biggest deal every kid secretly had a Gameboy on them. At least one in two kids had a gamelink cable to match it. You'd be walking from one end of the play ground to the next, some kid makes eye contact. Next thing you know, trainer battle~! You just need to learn how to sneak it in lol. Or tell them they need to have a warrant to search your backpack that always works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post

EDIT:

Please no.

pssh, never stopped me. When I was 10 and Pokemon Red and Blue where the biggest deal every kid secretly had a Gameboy on them. At least one in two kids had a gamelink cable to match it. You'd be walking from one end of the play ground to the next, some kid makes eye contact. Next thing you know, trainer battle~! You just need to learn how to sneak it in lol. Or tell them they need to have a warrant to search your backpack that always works.
    Not a lot of kids conveniently have a 3DS on them at school nowdays. I should know. I'm one of those kids (11 yrs, 6th grade). Now, if Pokemon were on iOS and Android, it might be a different story.

''Memento Mori''

The recent software update for the 3ds apparently added a tool that allowes you to exchange data betweeen physical and digital games. After seeing Dream Radar, I'm pretty sure that an app to allow for mass transportation with one 3ds is entirely possible. Ofcourse, Gamefreak is still going to keep transportation between two 3ds's, to go with the whole communication and trading thing they've implemented since the beginning. For those who have a lot of pokemon and/or have completed the pokedex like myself, it would be fantastic if we didn't have to transfer pokemon 6 at a time.

Red
    Blog Entries
    Follow Red On Twitter Add Red on Facebook Add Red on Google+
    Visit Red's Youtube Channel

The visuals. I am so ecstatic to experience a main series Pokemon game with full 3D models. I just cannot believe that is happening. Never thought I'd see the day. Beyond that, I really hope there are expansive features, such as DLC, and some new kind of transfer system that removes that poor "six at a time" rule. I have almost every individual Pokemon, I do NOT want to go through a crappy transfer game.
    Phoenixon likes this.
    Y: COMING SOON
    BLACK: 4213-4161-1545
    SOULSILVER: 3741-1763-4063

-You're really irritating.
    -Does irritating mean 'fun'?

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

If they wanted to get more involved/promote the other features, there could be Pokemon that you could only acquire through PlayCoins, or even by meeting a certain number of people in the Street Pass or something.

I really do hope there is more downloadable content, as far as the side games go, like the Dream Radar. It was fun, but after I caught the 3 Therian formes I never played it again, so I hope there are more to future apps like that.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    If they wanted to get more involved/promote the other features, there could be Pokemon that you could only acquire through PlayCoins, or even by meeting a certain number of people in the Street Pass or something.
    There may be new evolution methods that require those features, actually. I wouldn't be surprised, it would basically be taking trade evolutions to the next level.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

A lot of DLC features would be great. Pokemon is now on the 3DS, the potential updates and features Generation 6 can bring us is vast. There is so much potential in these games and I have no doubt Gamefreak will deliver their very best.

I hope its cool to bump this thread.
    Pokebeach mentioned in his last bit of rumors (I hope I'm not digging a can of worms with this) that a Pokemon would require the player to turn the 3ds upside down to let it evolve, using the gyroscope. I know its just a gimmick but that sounds pretty interesting to me.
    What I would really like to see is the use of play coins that you collect from walking applied in a feature worth using. My idea would be sort of a "continue" like on an arcade machine as an alternative to whiting out and fleeing to the pokecenter. Something along the lines of how the sacred ash item works. You wouldn't have to use it, but man would that be nice to have.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Play coin implementation is something I'm rather hoping for. I don't feel enough games really use it.

For me, I'm looking forward to the improved graphics. I never thought I would buy a 3DS (my initial opinion of it was very negative due to the first few games it came with). But seeing the trailers, I am definitely happy I decided to purchase one. I'll be getting it in the next week ^_^

So I don't know the features... In fact, yesterday I just learned the circle on the 3DS is an analog stick (was messing around with it at Target lol).

>>
    <<
    u_u;;
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brandibug1991 View Post
    So I don't know the features... In fact, yesterday I just learned the circle on the 3DS is an analog stick (was messing around with it at Target lol).
    What did you think it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Personally, I don't own B/W1 nor do I own B/W2. I stopped at platinum and I am eagerly awaiting gen 6. But I want a way to transfer from gen 4 to gen 6. It's pretty out there but from the magic of Nintendo WiFi or Miiverse or whatever, I want it to be possible.
    HOT SKITTY ON WAILORD ACTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandibug1991 View Post
    What did you think it was?
    Honestly I was really derpy in my thinking, I thought it was the new start button lolol. :x
    Phoenixon likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast