The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which new Nintendo 3DS feature are you looking forward to the most?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3D Gameplay

28 26.92%
  • StreetPass

25 24.04%
  • SpotPass

9 8.65%
  • Augmented Reality

9 8.65%
  • Gyroscope

4 3.85%
  • Improved Online Functionality

9 8.65%
  • Downloadable Content (DLC)

17 16.35%
  • Miiverse

3 2.88%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Default Re: The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Inferno View Post
    Here's another idea for the pedometer; use your steps IRL toward the step counter used to hatch eggs. You could put your 3DS in sleep mode and continue on your day. When you reawaken your system you'll be greeted by the egg hatching cutscene. I don't think it's too likely, but it would be a nice feature to have.
    Problem is: Busted games from fans strapping their 3DSs to cars, fan blades, vibrators, washing machines, etc. like they did to the Pokewalker. So yeah, no.
    That's not a problem. Just don't be an idiot and your game will be fine (you as in everyone).

Not a game problem, a user problem.
    They really could make some interesting uses of the street walk, along with the spot pass. And, it'd be great to see how they could boost gameplay this way to include it in the main playthrough and enhance what we have to do in the journey and collecting badges. I like a lot of the ideas suggested about swapping PokeDex or Battle box data. Or even that your team have a mini battle as it connects with someone else's game.
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Nintendo 3DS Feature Thread

Augumented Reality would be really cool to see! Perhaps the egg hatch and evolution cutscenes could have the option?
    Other than that, I'm not sure how Spot/Streetpass work, so that's about it.

Blog Entries

Default Role of Street pass

I'm pretty surprised that there wasn't already a thread like this. Because seems like an important subject we should have been talking about earlier.

Anywho how do you think street pass should and will apply. The c gear survey's could be done over street pass and maybe the c gear pass counter could be done over street pass but they could do things that are different. Like giving each other pieces of a huge puzzle that unlocks a room with a shiny in it. They can also allow a pokewalker interaction esc event to occur via street pass. Giving each other eggs over street pass with special bonuses like better IV's and higher likely hood of being shiny
    Berrenta likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Role of Street pass

I guess that there will be a place similar to Join Avenue.
    Berrenta and Silverwynde like this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Personally, I would love it if the "Battle Box" data of various players you StreetPass with is exchanged and you can go to an in-game location and battle them. Also, how about if Pokédex data is also exchanged? In that, any Pokémon a player owns or has seen that a StreetPassing player hasn't seen, is added to that player's Pokédex as being seen?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id like if you street passed someone if they were "added" to your game in some way to battle or something. Maybe you could even do Funfest missions with them or something like that, that would be cool.

If we were to be given hidden bases, that'd be cool. They could transfer over bases like that.
    I'd also like to be able to transfer over eggs like that.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokewalker+ Dream World+ Join Avenue+ Wifi Train/ Trainer House bonus battles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Personally, I would love it if the "Battle Box" data of various players you StreetPass with is exchanged and you can go to an in-game location and battle them. Also, how about if Pokédex data is also exchanged? In that, any Pokémon a player owns or has seen that a StreetPassing player hasn't seen, is added to that player's Pokédex as being seen?
    Personally I think that would make filling the Pokedex seem a bit cheap. Not necessarily easy, because StreetPass activity depends a great deal on where you live and how often you take your 3DS places - but cheap, in the sense that you've not really seen the Pokemon, yet there it is in your Dex.

The Battle Box thing would be brilliant though.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Hidden bases as FreeXax said, but that would be more suitable to spotpass/online. Streetpass would be suited for perhaps random trading like you would have a Pokemon for offer and someone else would, and when you pass each other the Pokemon get traded. Open your game, and bam, new Pokemon! Don't like it? Keep it in the trading spot, and trade again. Would work in cities with many 3DS' don't know bout others though.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnr754 View Post
    I guess that there will be a place similar to Join Avenue.
    ^ This.

Get a Street pass from someone and they'll show up in a Join Avenue-like area where they can open up a shop or you can do the guide thing again. Only with SP, it would be much easier to recruit someone as an assistant. Maybe someone met via SP could have extremely useful souvenirs, like Max Revives and the like. It's a thought.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

One thing I hope the 3DS can do (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Street Pass can work for more than one game at a time. Does the Pokemon game have to be on in sleep mode for it to work, or will there indeed be a separate app? Will other games like Mii Plaza work simultaneously with the Pokemon game? I don't wanna inconvenience a non-Pokemon fan who recently got their 3DS and doesn't get a lot of Street Pass tags by making them miss out on one of my Puzzle Swap pieces just because I'm working on my Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    One thing I hope the 3DS can do (correct me if I'm wrong) is that Street Pass can work for more than one game at a time. Does the Pokemon game have to be on in sleep mode for it to work, or will there indeed be a separate app? Will other games like Mii Plaza work simultaneously with the Pokemon game? I don't wanna inconvenience a non-Pokemon fan who recently got their 3DS and doesn't get a lot of Street Pass tags by making them miss out on one of my Puzzle Swap pieces just because I'm working on my Pokemon.
    I think it does work with more than one game at a time, regardless of what game is currently being played. They'll just get notifications for said game and will be able to really check them once they stick it back in.

For example, I have StreetPass enabled for KH3D, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and Pokemon Rumble Blast. No matter if I have one of those games in my system or not, I'll still get notifications for them, I just can't check to see what they are until I have one of those actually being played.

(hope that wasn't too confusing)
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekindle View Post
    I think it does work with more than one game at a time, regardless of what game is currently being played. They'll just get notifications for said game and will be able to really check them once they stick it back in.

For example, I have StreetPass enabled for KH3D, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and Pokemon Rumble Blast. No matter if I have one of those games in my system or not, I'll still get notifications for them, I just can't check to see what they are until I have one of those actually being played.

I guess I forgot the second part of that post in my mad rush back to the Corocoro thread, LOL.

I asked that question because when I have Black 2 on my 3DS in sleep mode instead of turned off to the main 3DS menu, I don't get Street Pass tags even though I'm in crowded areas where I usually get them.

Thanks for clarifying that for me!
    RainbowSylveon likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekindle View Post

I guess I forgot the second part of that post in my mad rush back to the Corocoro thread, LOL.

I asked that question because when I have Black 2 on my 3DS in sleep mode instead of turned off to the main 3DS menu, I don't get Street Pass tags even though I'm in crowded areas where I usually get them.

Thanks for clarifying that for me!
    Same here with the B2 thing (even though I have W2, it's still the same case), and I just looked it up, and apparently that is because StreetPass doesn't function when playing a regular DS or a GBA Virtual Console game. Reason being, I have no idea; I guess that's just how it was designed xD

But you're very welcome ^_^
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast