New Type Combos

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: New Type Combos

Default New Type Combos

So, what are the new type combos we'd like to see? I do hope we get something besides Fire/Fighting for the starter...aside from there, there are still soooo many they can play with. Ice/Steel would be cool. Or Ice/Electric...Ghost/Steel...Dragon/Fire would rock. Steel/Dragon or Ghost/Dragon would make cool non-legends...we already have Dialga and Giratina that are those types. I like some of those that are normally weak to each other...we already have Dragon/Ice and Electric/Flying. Fire/Grass...Fire/Water...
    CynthiaLover and Cabecote like this.
    Platinum FC: 4342 0595 5538
    Heartgold FC:5286 8973 0818
    Black FC: 0132 9951 7664
    White 2 FC: 2495 2229 6740

Default Re: New Type Combos

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spycrab View Post
    This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic. but really GF needs to stop the Fire/Fighting wagon, no one likes it anymore...
    Evidently Fennekin line won't be Fighting, which is a relief.

On the other hand, there's Victini and Darmanitan-Zen sharing this typing, so it won't be a new combination.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.
    Meh, not really. Loads of Pokémon learn moves that aren't its actual type.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

I want a Normal/Ghost, because that means that the combo of Ghost and Fighting is no longer unresisted.

Blog Entries

Let's see... Ice/Steel would be nice. And maybe a non-legendary Dragon/Ghost and Dragon/Steel combo. Ghost/Fighting might be an interesting mix, as well as Grass/Ghost (Gardenia, watch out!). Fighting/Flying hasn't been done before, so that would make an interesting mix. Dark/Fighting I don't think has been done before either, so that's a possibility. I'm not sure if I can come up with other combos, as most of them are already taken.
    zakisrage likes this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

I am at least stoked that it is highly unlikely a twiggy little fox will learn fighting, YES FINALLY CYCLE IS BROKEN!!

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Let's see... Ice/Steel would be nice. And maybe a non-legendary Dragon/Ghost and Dragon/Steel combo. Ghost/Fighting might be an interesting mix, as well as Grass/Ghost (Gardenia, watch out!). Fighting/Flying hasn't been done before, so that would make an interesting mix. Dark/Fighting I don't think has been done before either, so that's a possibility. I'm not sure if I can come up with other combos, as most of them are already taken.
    Scraggy and Scrafty are Dark/Fighting.

But I'd love a fire/grass type with chlorophyll, talk about broken in the sun.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Scraggy and Scrafty are Dark/Fighting.

But I'd love a fire/grass type with chlorophyll, talk about broken in the sun.
    Whoops, forgot about them. But yeah, a Fire/Grass type with Chlorophyll would be insane in sunlight. That's a double power up on that combo.
    Sapphire and The_Doctor like this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I want to see a Grass/Ghost type other than that, I cant think of anything, but we just had so many interesting ghosts in Gen 5 that I want it to continue in Gen 6

Blog Entries

Although not necessarily new type combinations, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the Starters' types. I know the trailer really gives us nothing to go off of in forming educated guesses towards their types, but I'm just getting a vibe. If anything these are the combinations I'm hoping for.

Chespin: Grass/Fighting
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
    Froakie: Water/Dark

Grass/Electric (Only one out there is Rotom-C)
    Poison/Dragon
    Don't think there's a Fighting/Flying either, that'd be an interesting combo.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    This recent trailer showed the fire starter using a psychic move wich hints that it might be fire/psychic.
    Meh, not really. Loads of Pokémon learn moves that aren't its actual type.
    true that, but hey at least it is something to consider i mean come on we dont need another fire/fighter starter :<

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Y? View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/dragon.
    Nor do i but seeing how Dragon type is so coveted and considered "the elite type" they might see it as a taboo on starters.
    Last edited by Spycrab; 8th January 2013 at 01:09 PM.

I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/dragon.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Advocating a Grass/Dragon Raptor here! If it's not in the game I'll throw myself into traffic!

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast