A new stat? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new stat?

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Default Re: A new stat?

Meh, I dunno. Usually I like change, but I don't really see any point in adding a new stat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gwingle View Post
    Um... this is very spammy. I believe its also called, um... Quintuple Posting. I recommend you post in different places, and post ON TOPIC.
    Pretend I have italics for a sec.

Don't mini-mod. It's not your job.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 21st February 2011 at 10:49 AM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

How about weight and height?
    These stats could be varied by the size depending on what they're fed and how often. Also by their parents.
    e.g. A Tepig fathered by a Wailord will have higher than average measurements for height and weight than a normally bred one.
    While a Tepig bred with a Diglett will have below average measurements.
    I used this example because it is obvious what the benefit of a heavier than average Heat Stamp user could do.

Registered User scrambled_togepi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    How about weight and height?
    These stats could be varied by the size depending on what they're fed and how often. Also by their parents.
    e.g. A Tepig fathered by a Wailord will have higher than average measurements for height and weight than a normally bred one.
    While a Tepig bred with a Diglett will have below average measurements.
    I used this example because it is obvious what the benefit of a heavier than average Heat Stamp user could do.
    I had actually thought about this as way to vary the appearance of pokemon if the games ever go full 3D. Because Gamefreak just loves adding variety to indevidual Species. I hadn't thought of applying that to implement it ito the battle system

I had also thought of using a hidden value to determine slight alterations in color as well. Not much, just enough that two tepig next to each other wouldn't look exactly the same.
    Tentative pokemon Black team:

1.Oshawott; 2. Blitzel.; 3. Zorua; 4. Victini; 5. Deino; 6. Reshiram

Evasion/Accuracy would be nice. D8 Or at least Evasion. Also, make Double Team more exclusive. A HUGE FUCKING ROCK should not be able to make illusionary copies of himself.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

It hink we're fine. I don't think we need any new stats. Especially evasion. That's the LAST thing we need. That would screw everything up because you wouldn't be able to hit a pokemon with high evasion. Even if you have a 100% accuracy attack. And you know people would hack it and make it off the charts so it couldn't ever be hit. Luck, on the other hand, is ok. As long as it doesn't influence most of the battle. Only a few more crits or not hurting itself as much when a pokemon's confused.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12