New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6? - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

  1. #61
    Registered User Meophist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    558
    Follow Meophist On Twitter

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    I wouldn't want my Pokémon to be moving around in their boxes on their own; it'll make it much more time consuming to keep track and find the one I want.

  2. #62
    Chaos in Thunder Shadow Raikou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sol-d
    Posts
    3,121
    Blog Entries
    38
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    @Meophist Ah yes, that's true.

    But by moving I also meant, well, animated. Even if they are in one place, they should be animated. Look alive, not like the sprites up until now which always looked like statues. Have them blink, do some animations, y'know.

    They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

  3. #63
    live free, die free Gaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    jolly/gloomy stance
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    When a Pokemon is captured, give us the option to choose the box to send them into.
    This is the only option I really want. I (admittedly weirdly) organize my boxes pretty methodically and this would be a huge convenience for me.
    Though I wouldn't mind if they also updated the outdated box sprites :P

  4. #64
    Chaos in Thunder Shadow Raikou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sol-d
    Posts
    3,121
    Blog Entries
    38
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGaga View Post
    This is the only option I really want. I (admittedly weirdly) organize my boxes pretty methodically and this would be a huge convenience for me.
    Though I wouldn't mind if they also updated the outdated box sprites :P
    It is not weird, to be honest. Organizing is an important part of the PC system, without it, there'd be random Pokemon after random Pokemon after Random Pokemon. D:

    We've been using the same sprites (Almost) for well over two generations. I think?
    The_Doctor likes this.

    They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

  5. #65
    live free, die free Gaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    jolly/gloomy stance
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    We've been using the same sprites (Almost) for well over two generations. I think?
    Yeah, since they were introduced in gen 3. Some of the older sprites are off color along with other minor contradictions :P

    This has me thinking about how troublesome future generations will be for Gamefreak. When we inevitably reach 800+ mons imagine how torturous it will be for them to update the roster every gen. Even things like just move sets would be very time consuming. I wonder if they'll ever eventually "retire" some Pokemon.
    Yato likes this.

  6. #66
    Chaos in Thunder Shadow Raikou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sol-d
    Posts
    3,121
    Blog Entries
    38
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGaga View Post
    Yeah, since they were introduced in gen 3. Some of the older sprites are off color along with other minor contradictions :P

    This has me thinking about how troublesome future generations will be for Gamefreak. When we inevitably reach 800+ mons imagine how torturous it will be for them to update the roster every gen. Even things like just move sets would be very time consuming. I wonder if they'll ever eventually "retire" some Pokemon.
    They probably would not, I mean, Gamefreak is a big company. Not very big, but still big. More than five people could work on the roster to save time.

    And you gotta think they they wouldn't have added more Pokemon if they thought that they could not handle all of them. They could have well easily made new generations of Pokemon games with old Pokemon, no new ones, but with new plots, etc.

    So you gotta trust Gamefreak on this one.

    They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

  7. #67
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,252

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGaga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    When a Pokemon is captured, give us the option to choose the box to send them into.
    This is the only option I really want. I (admittedly weirdly) organize my boxes pretty methodically and this would be a huge convenience for me.
    I just label my box #1 "INBOX" and make sure that's the box I leave open before logging off the PC. No special organization to it, just the latest Pokemon caught and a few regulars that I'm likely to swap in and out.

  8. #68
    Stoopendous Dakhem Uaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Alderode
    Posts
    239
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Frankly, I just want them to remove "deposit" and "withdraw" and make it all happen through the one interface. Even if all that means is that it works exactly like the "Move" function does right now.
    This, but it would also be fine is they just put the "move" option at the top of the submenu.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

    BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

  9. #69
    Chaos in Thunder Shadow Raikou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sol-d
    Posts
    3,121
    Blog Entries
    38
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Ah yes, I forgot this one big thing in my previous posts:

    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a location in-game where all your deposited Pokemon will roam around? Kind of like Professor Oak's Lab in the anime, or, like the Daycare in HGSS?

    But that is not going to happen unless overworld sprites for all the Pokemon return. ...Would still be nice.

    But since X & Y has 3D sprites for all the Pokemon already- A possibility is that overworld models for all Pokemon are present.
    The_Doctor and Urilikya like this.

    They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

  10. #70
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Raikou View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot this one big thing in my previous posts:

    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a location in-game where all your deposited Pokemon will roam around? Kind of like Professor Oak's Lab in the anime, or, like the Daycare in HGSS?

    But that is not going to happen unless overworld sprites for all the Pokemon return. ...Would still be nice.

    But since X & Y has 3D sprites for all the Pokemon already- A possibility is that overworld models for all Pokemon are present.
    Sounds like a nice idea, although I'm not sure how that would work. You'll need it to be available to reach in every city/town, and it needs to be quick and easy.

  11. #71
    I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    The option to select more than one pokémon for transfer to another box, for example.
    BW2's PC system added that. Where in BW1 you had a small (easy to miss) button to toggle between managing individual Pokemon (item/mark/etc.) and moving individual Pokemon, BW2 has three icons on the bottom screen: Red lets you manage individual Pokemon, blue lets you move individual Pokemon (click and drag), yellow lets you select multiple Pokemon and move them as a group.
    Uhh? You can do that since RSE, I think you need to toggle to the yellow hand, keep A pressed and move the pad to select an area of Pokémon to move.

    I'd really like to get a new box system that works better, but after how bad it became since HGSS, specially for managing your team (you have to select Move Pokémon, Party, Switch and only then drag and drop, lack of working L and R to navigate through boxes...) compared to the easy of use of DPPt even when it was button based I don't trust GF/Nintendo anymore in usability.
    All the toggling necessary with pressing X twice for closing the Dowsing Machine and replace it with opening the menu in BW and then interacting with it in the touchscreen, the way the Pokédex requires more clicks in each new game, lame confirmation text for replacing saved game when saving, Nurse Joy giant text for healing and "Cancel" in menus that don't cancel anything and should be just captioned "Close" are just some examples to add on how cumbersome some interface elements in Pokémon series are. They just don't know how to do it, every new game UI is random.
    Last edited by rafaelluik; 25th June 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

  12. #72
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,252

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Uhh? You can do that since RSE, I think you need to toggle to the yellow hand, keep A pressed and move the pad to select an area of Pokémon to move.
    No, that toggle still only lets you move one Pokemon at a time. *verifies* Okay, you're right; I never knew that feature existed. (It also exists in DPPt.)

    I'd really like to get a new box system that works better, but after how bad it became since HGSS, specially for managing your team (you have to select Move Pokémon, Party, Switch and only then drag and drop) compared to the easy of use of DPPt even when it was button based I don't trust GF/Nintendo anymore in usability.
    On the contrary, HGSS's Move interface was miles better than DPP because it utilized the touch screen and stylus. Organizing your Pokemon by literal drag and drop is several times more efficient than pressing buttons -- HGSS's was even a step better than G5's IMO (the only missing feature being the mass-move capability), because you could make it display box Pokemon, party Pokemon, and the list of available boxes simultaneously on one screen, making it very easy to move Pokemon between any of those three locations. In G5 you can only display box Pokemon and your party side-by-side, or box Pokemon and box list.

    It is unfortunately true that optimizing a GUI for touchscreen/stylus use tends to make it more difficult to navigate via control pad and buttons, but unless your DS touchscreen is actually broken, I don't see it becoming an issue.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 25th June 2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Urilikya and Lugiafanatic like this.

  13. #73
    maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    10,567
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    I don't think the Pokemon storage system needs much change. I'd like some basic sort options per box, like A-Z, level based, etc, as others have said an option to select which box to drop Pokemon when caught should be presented, ideally switched to off by default, and the first interaction with a PC will present the option to the player. From then on in the options menu in the filed we should be able to switch it in or off as we please.
    maglev is invisible

  14. #74
    I eat eggs in users' sigs rafaelluik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaelluik View Post
    Uhh? You can do that since RSE, I think you need to toggle to the yellow hand, keep A pressed and move the pad to select an area of Pokémon to move.
    No, that toggle still only lets you move one Pokemon at a time. *verifies* Okay, you're right; I never knew that feature existed. (It also exists in DPPt.)

    I'd really like to get a new box system that works better, but after how bad it became since HGSS, specially for managing your team (you have to select Move Pokémon, Party, Switch and only then drag and drop) compared to the easy of use of DPPt even when it was button based I don't trust GF/Nintendo anymore in usability.
    On the contrary, HGSS's Move interface was miles better than DPP because it utilized the touch screen and stylus. Organizing your Pokemon by literal drag and drop is several times more efficient than pressing buttons -- HGSS's was even a step better than G5's IMO (the only missing feature being the mass-move capability), because you could make it display box Pokemon, party Pokemon, and the list of available boxes simultaneously on one screen, making it very easy to move Pokemon between any of those three locations. In G5 you can only display box Pokemon and your party side-by-side, or box Pokemon and box list.

    It is unfortunately true that optimizing a GUI for touchscreen/stylus use tends to make it more difficult to navigate via control pad and buttons, but unless your DS touchscreen is actually broken, I don't see it becoming an issue.
    Fair. It was still counter intuitive though as you can see from my explanation it takes 3 steps before you're able to move to/from your party, at least in BW you can start dragging the Pokémon to the party button and it'll open your party right away so you can drop it there. I'm unable to find the way to move multiple Pokémon at once between boxes in BW-1 and another not so good thing in GenV is the bag system which mixed battle items and Pokéballs in the first case.

    So I see in UI GF aways take steps to the sides and rarely forward... It isn't exactly a big deal anyway...
    Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

  15. #75
    THIS IS MY PLANET! Urilikya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tuchanka
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

    Personally I really like the HGSS system, but I still get annoyed at the fact that it doesn't open my party when I pick up a pokemon...
    "Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times?" - Urdnot Wrex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •