New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Frankly, I just want them to remove "deposit" and "withdraw" and make it all happen through the one interface. Even if all that means is that it works exactly like the "Move" function does right now.
    On that note, have "Move Item" somehow integrated more easilly in the "Move Pokémon" interface. An switch on the screen or something (like the one used to bring up the party) would help inmensely instead of going back to a whole different nearly-identical interface every time you want to change your party and the items each pokémon holds.

[/overexposition]

All I ask is that we get an auto-sort feature.

Namely:
    "Sort all Pokemon by Pokedex Number"
    "Sort all Pokemon Alphabetically"
    "Sort all Pokemon by Level"
    "Sort all Pokemon by Type"
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Personally, I would like for there to be a 3DS app that acts like the Gamecube game "Pokémon Box". I think something like that is the best way to get around the potential issue of trading a Pokémon from a retail copy to a digital one on the same system. The only issue I can see with that is people copying the data on their SD cards and cloning their Pokémon like crazy...but nearly everyone who knows about cloning does it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Frankly, I just want them to remove "deposit" and "withdraw" and make it all happen through the one interface. Even if all that means is that it works exactly like the "Move" function does right now.
    Does anyone even use the "Deposit" and "Withdraw" options any more?

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I use Deposit and Withdraw still, though Move is more useful, for organizing Pokemon and such. If they removed the Deposit and Withdraw options, I wouldnt miss them.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Why bother with boxes at all anymore? Just have one huge box and stick search and auto-sort functionality on top.

But since they're obviously not going to do that, I'd be happy to be able to designate a box for new captures rather than having to manually scroll back to my "Arrivals" box at the end of every PC session.

I would like to see more storage available sooner and complete re-designs of the boxes. Sorting and better search options too. Just stick with move option to make withdraw/deposit easier. It's definitely time to revamp that whole system.

What ever gadget there is, it would be useful to view the Pokemon you have in storage anywhere.

It may have been said before, but I want them to remove the box storage system entirely and replace it with a "farm" or "lab" (like Oak's lab in the anime) where you can leave a certain amount of Pokemon. Maybe you could also visit that place and interact with your "stored" Pokemon without having them in your party. Having Pokemon stored as data in a computer for a long time seems just cruel and goes against the whole "treating Pokemon as equals" spirit, in my opinion.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Keep the box system, but remove "Withdraw" and "Deposit" as Archaic and everyone else said.

As for an app idea, maybe it can be something like a combination to Pokémon Box RS, My Pokémon Ranch, and a migration service all-in-1.

Upgrade to Pokédex 3D Pro, by itself on 3DS, on Wii U, who cares.

I really hope that something is done to address the capacity issues. I want MASSIVE storage, either on the cart itself or utilizing the storage capabilities of the 3DS. During Gen IV I ended up getting heavily into collecting foreign Pokemon, but eventually got frustrated and gave up when I realized that there simply wasn't enough room in the boxes to actually be able to house all of them.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Change the gen V hand system. So instead putting the placed pokemon in the hand and vice versa it the placed pokemon goes to the original the place of the hand pokemon so I have to go chasing after it and if you have a bunch of pokemon and they are several boxes away it can be a bitch and I see no way to change and can someone explain the difference between the red x and the blue J shaped arrow cause they seem to do the same damn thing.

Also I want a sort feature
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Blog Entries

Basically everything everyone has already said, especially removing Withdraw and Deposit and just making it "Move", as well as an "Auto-sort" feature.

I also think is would be sort of cool if they made the boxes look more like the pokemon were free-ranging. Like instead of a box, it's more like a pen, and the pokemon's sprites move around and you can watch them play or something, with a thumb-nailed list on the side for easy selecting. I mean it would seem nicer, like the pokemon get to stretch their legs instead of being cramped in data-storage. But maybe that's just me.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Removal of deposit/withdraw, adding autosort, and assigning a box for new captures is good. I wish we could also label each box, so instead of being numbered I have one labelled for each type, one labelled "rare pokemon" etc... or do we already have that feature?

Yeah, you can rename boxes already. I sort mine by type, with the leftovers assigned to legendaries, foreign imports, a "retirement home" for former teammates, a box specifically for new captures to be sorted later that I scroll back to after every session, and a "special" box for things that I want to be able to get to quickly like HM slaves and my Spore/False Swipe/Spiderweb Smeargle.

Follow Rival Silver on Tumblr Visit Rival Silver's Youtube Channel

mostly what other people are saying. remove deposit and withdraw, s.v.p.

also, please make it so i can rename my box whatever i want. i get the ban of numbers in pokemon names (they might use them to pretend to not be using crass ones), but nobody sees the box in public lol. and why not let people call their boxes rude words if they'd like.

and before you ask, i wanted to number them based on pokedex numbers.

also, with the more graphical interface... i'd honestly decline that, mainly because i think they could save the space on the game card for something much more interesting.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

An "auto-sort" by Nat. Pokedex Order would be absolute bliss for me.

I just can't deal with the way the PC box is right now. I have over 700 Pokémon on White 2, and over 80 others on Black. Simply scrolling through the boxes is a total chore. Having an App on the 3DS, or even on the Wii U, for extra storage would be a lifesaver for me.

I also think they need to totally rethink how PC boxes work; 30 Pokémon to a box is just too little now. They need over 20 boxes now, isn't it? With a batch of at least 100 on its way, I think at the very least the amount of Pokemon per box needs to be upped. Failing that, a total reboot of how the storage is handled.

Auto-sort feature. For the love of God, an auto-sort-by-Pokedex-Number feature.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast