New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

I'm surprised nobody has talked about this yet. I got curious after creating a new thread in the Video Games section - how the storage system in Gen 6 would change?

Would there be no change at all? Or would there be new upgraded features? While many would prefer to arrange pokemons the way they want, there are still people who let pokemons pile up in their boxes, and later find hundreds of pokemons being scattered about - overwhelming to even start sorting.

Personally, I would like some default options of the box automatically storing pokemon by dex numbers. Or, maybe by types. Or levels. Even in Gen5, we still had to arrange everything manually, and we could only move 30 pokemon at a time at the most.

What are your thoughts?

Do you think there will be a new Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Default Re: New Pokemon Storage System in Generation 6?

I'm sure there'll be a few minor changes, and a new box administrator for the region to boot (and the obligatory Bill reference). One change I know I'd like to see happen would be the return of ball capsules and seals; I never really understood why they were removed in the first place, tbh.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Frankly, I just want them to remove "deposit" and "withdraw" and make it all happen through the one interface. Even if all that means is that it works exactly like the "Move" function does right now.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

While this is about the in-game storage system, I hope to god GF gives us a 3DS app to store Pokemon. It would be god's gift to sanity, and possibly an easy way to transfer Pokemon in-between generations. Not to mention if you have event Pokemon, but decided to hard reset, your also given a place to store them for the time being. As for the in-game one, basically what Archaic said. The move function is all that is needed, and honestly the only option I ever choose when it comes to the PSS. Would also love to see the creator a bit more fleshed out, then what we got with Anamita and Belle. Give us character art at least or smth. I mean ffs Hailey from Ranch got one, and that's just a storage box application.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

I personally feel that since we are going to have over 700 Pokemon the current box system would make keeping track of them all a nightmare. I hope for a My Pokemon Ranch style thing to transfer Pokemon too, perhaps on the 3DS itself like Chespin said. That way Pokemon are safe on that in case anything would happen to the game. If it could transfer Pokemon to an SD card it would probably be good, and you could transfer them back at anytime.

I would love to see a 3DS app for a Pokemon storage system. There are so many Pokemon now I barely have any space once I complete my Pokedex.

Blog Entries

The in-game storage system's fine. (probably will be expanded to 30 boxes this time around)
    Maybe they can enhance the search feature (Could you search by levels in G5?)

Really, I just want an expansion pack on the 3DS like everyone else.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I want to see the use of the classic sprites for the storage, while the 3D models are for the status screen and battle.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

I want to be able to choose which box a caught Pokemon is sent to or deposit a party member in favor of the newly captured Pokemon instead of automatically sending your catch to the last accessed box.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    One change I know I'd like to see happen would be the return of ball capsules and seals; I never really understood why they were removed in the first place, tbh.
    THIS! 1000x this! The seals are why Platinum is still my favorite Pokemon game. It adds a loving, personal touch when I send out my lovely Goukazaru into battle, and little confetti and hearts surround her as she comes out. I truly hope it comes back in XY!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

1. give a sorting option menu (it took me hours to get my 500 pokemon in Black to go from being in there randomly to being in Dex number.).

2. Like Archaic said, get rid of Withdraw and Deposit. Ever since Gen III, these two have been redundant and unneeded

other than that, I think the box system is probably as good as it can get. Any other changes I can think of is more trade/transfer related rather than specific to the box system (like transferring/trading entire boxes at once)

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

I want to see moving 3D models in the boxes, to make the Pokemon more alive. Just default idle poses, nothing too complicated.

I also want to see the removal "Deposit" and "withdraw", only leaving behind "Move" and I agree about Seals. They need to bring that back.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I hope for a My Pokemon Ranch style thing to transfer Pokemon to
    That would be cool. I know it's exceptionally unlikely but imagine if there was a little sidequest early on in the game... you had to help out a stranger with something. They own a little farmhouse with a decent plot of land (I'm thinking something along the lines of Flocessy Ranch here) and as a thank you, they tell you that you can send Pokemon to them anytime. They wouldn't be cooped up in a computer and you could visit the farmhouse and actually see the Pokemon moving around.

Like I say, it's very unlikely for X & Y but perhaps in future games. After all, you could have at least 1000 Pokemon in My Pokemon Ranch (maybe more, I stopped as soon as I got my Mew).

On a more realistic note, like others have said - remove the deposit and withdraw functions. They are redundant. Keep the sprites I think...it'll be nice to have them somewhere. Increase the capacity obviously. Other than those things, I don't think we should expect much change.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I hope for a My Pokemon Ranch style thing to transfer Pokemon to
    That would be cool. I know it's exceptionally unlikely but imagine if there was a little sidequest early on in the game... you had to help out a stranger with something. They own a little farmhouse with a decent plot of land (I'm thinking something along the lines of Flocessy Ranch here) and as a thank you, they tell you that you can send Pokemon to them anytime. They wouldn't be cooped up in a computer and you could visit the farmhouse and actually see the Pokemon moving around.

Like I say, it's very unlikely for X & Y but perhaps in future games. After all, you could have at least 1000 Pokemon in My Pokemon Ranch (maybe more, I stopped as soon as I got my Mew).

On a more realistic note, like others have said - remove the deposit and withdraw functions. They are redundant. Keep the sprites I think...it'll be nice to have them somewhere. Increase the capacity obviously. Other than those things, I don't think we should expect much change.
    I agree with all of this, especially the Ranch part. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't do that with Floccesy. Some improvements I'd like, though:

• Allow mass trading of Pokémon between games.
    • Give the game minigames, and maybe even a proper RPG story mode, like XD/Colo, perhaps. For example, the box administrator of a new region wants to test out their newest upgrade (that conveniently allows you to store lots of Pokémon from your handheld games), and so sends you off to a professor to get a Pokédex, and start journey to collect pokemon, setting the plot in motion. Or just cut out the middleman and start a collecting journey without a dex.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Frankly, I just want them to remove "deposit" and "withdraw" and make it all happen through the one interface. Even if all that means is that it works exactly like the "Move" function does right now.
    GOD YES. This is one of the most annoying things in the game. Why do I have to exit the menu after depositing a Pokemon just to withdraw another one? That makes no sense. They need to get rid of that. I also like the idea of having a separate app to store Pokemon.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast