New Moves/Abilities - Page 3
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Moves/Abilities

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Default Re: New Moves/Abilities

I want an ability, called Caution, perhaps, that grants immunity to entry hazards.

Blog Entries

A Ghost move with a base power of over 80. I know Hex can be 100 if the opponent suffers a major ailment, but I want something not relying on those ailments. And there's Shadow Force, but only Giratina and Arceus learn it. Or maybe increase Shadow Ball's base power.

Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I'd like a physical Electric move other than Thunderpunch and more powerful than Spark and Thunder Fang. I know we have Wild Charge but I kinda dislike the recoil.

I also had an idea for a Water-type move that is basically the opposite of Scald. So the Pokémon would attack with freezing cold water that might have a chance of freezing the opponent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    I also had an idea for a Water-type move that is basically the opposite of Scald. So the Pokémon would attack with freezing cold water that might have a chance of freezing the opponent.
    I like this. Maybe it could be called Frostbite? It would kind of be like being exposed to liquid nitrogen or other cryogenic fluids.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Blog Entries

How about a move with a tiny distribution (or hell make it signature) that uses the lower of the opponent's two defensive stats.

I want to see a move that does no damage but is guaranteed to freeze the opponent. All other status conditions have moves like that, and plenty have multiple ones.
    Poison has Poison Gas, Poisonpowder, and Toxic Spikes
    Paralysis has Thunder Wave and Stun Spore
    Sleep has Spore, Sweet Kiss (when it doesn't cause confusion), Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, Dark Void, and Grasswhistle
    Fire has Will-o-wisp
    Confusion has Supersonic, Confuse Ray, and (sometimes) Sweet Kiss

Also, I want to see the ice, poison, and sleep equivalents of Dynamicpunch, Zap Cannon, and Inferno, where they have 100 power, 50 accuracy, and are guaranteed to give a certain status condition.
    For poison they could have something like Poison Burst; for freezing they could have something like Deep Chill; for sleep they could have something like Sleeper Hold.

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

@Rainbow Dashie; Those are good ideas, but didn't you forget Lovely Kiss for the guaranteed sleep ailment list? (not to be confused with sweet kiss, which is guaranteed confusion instead)

I could see them do the freeze equivalant to Inferno. In fact, that is what I'd want to see. Don't mess it up, GameFreak.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    I want an ability, called Caution, perhaps, that grants immunity to entry hazards.
    i would like the ability to remove them as well. the metagame would love them apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Berrenta View Post
    @Rainbow Dashie; Those are good ideas, but didn't you forget Lovely Kiss for the guaranteed sleep ailment list? (not to be confused with sweet kiss, which is guaranteed confusion instead)

I could see them do the freeze equivalant to Inferno. In fact, that is what I'd want to see. Don't mess it up, GameFreak.
    Oh, I forgot those were two different moves. Oops.

Also, I'd like to see more of the Hyper Beam attacks for the different types that don't have them yet. So far, there's Hyper Beam and Giga Impact for Normal-types, Rock Wrecker for Rock-types, Roar of Time for Dragons (although I'm not sure that should count because it's exclusive to Dialga), Frenzy Plant for Grass-types, Blast Burn for Fire-types, and Hydro Cannon for Water-types.
    Flying: Perfect Storm
    Poison: Toxic Surge
    Ice: Frozen Blast
    Ground: Mega Quake
    Bug: Swarm Strike
    Fighting: Piledriver
    Steel: Steel Crush
    Dark: Dark Fury
    Psychic: Brain Storm
    Ghost: Nightmare Strike
    Electric: Thunderblast

My ultimate wish, I think, is simply this: Every Pokemon gets a fifth Ultimate move based on evolution family. The move cannot be changed or switched out in any way. The fifth move is tied intrinsically to that Pokemon's evolution family (So for example, Flareon and Jolteon would have the same Ultimate). The move requires some sort of charge up via meter, and the effects would vary depending on family. Basically, an active Ability/PokePower. This would require the development of 289 moves, I know. But I think it would be more than worth it in the end and shake up Pokemon far more than adding another smattering of random moves you can slot into the four move existing structure.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Iggyness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    i would like the ability to remove them as well. the metagame would love them apples.
    *Sweep [normal] : "Clears entry hazards from the battlefield stopping their effect"
    or
    *Gale (or some such name) [flying] :" A burst of air rips across the battlefield blowing away entry hazards"
    * An ice equivalent of flame wheel that can remove burn because i think that would be cool.

So I see a lot of cool ideas here (especially those that help out the grass type, because they're hurting comparatively atm), but a lot of abilities and moves are already in existence. I.E. ones that remove entry hazards such as rapid spin. Also, doesn't levitate grant immunity to all entry hazards?

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stefanj View Post
    Also, doesn't levitate grant immunity to all entry hazards?
    All but Stealth Rock.

Like many people I agree that Stealth Rock should be nerfed to some extent. I've heard some good ideas like given is a limited duration on the field. My favorite thus was was making it similar to Spikes and Toxic Spikes wherein it only reaches full power upon having the maximum stack set up. I like this idea because not only does it nerf Stealth Rock some but it also allows players with some work to keep the full power of this move. It just feels so nice seeing your opponent's Pokemon drop as they enter the field.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit ShinyRiolu's Youtube Channel

Not really a new Ability, but what if Effect Spore included burns?

Blog Entries

I'd like a move that is a 100% accurate OHKO when used on Pansage, Pansear and Panpour (and their evo's) that every pokemon sans them learn at level one oh and make it prority as well
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast