New methods of evolution - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New methods of evolution

Default Re: New method of evolution?

I'd love to see more varieties of evolutions! And I'd love to see 4 stage evolutions instead of the usual max of 3 :D

Pokemon uses mostly special attacks? Evolves into a special user. Physical? Physical user. Support? A support attack using Pokemon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    I want to see an evolution when a certain stat reaches a certain level. It can promote IV/EV training (which ever it is), and is simple to do.
    They could design it similar tyrogue. That was a cool evolution design style.

Evolution was the most dissapointing aspect of BW, as other than some tricky level-ups (Larvesta and Deino come to mind) there wasn't anything new in this category at ALL.

As for that eevee trivia bit, I honestly do think that was a coincidence.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Thorton View Post
    I want to see an evolution when a certain stat reaches a certain level. It can promote IV/EV training (which ever it is), and is simple to do.

Evolution was the most dissapointing aspect of BW, as other than some tricky level-ups (Larvesta and Deino come to mind) there wasn't anything new in this category at ALL.

Actually, I meant it as a standard evolution, not branched. Unless you mean which stat is higher at a specific level. HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed. Is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Already done with Tyrogue. Whether or not he evolves into Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop depends on his attack and defense stats. xP

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of fusing Pokemon besides the way Kyurem does it. I just don't see it working well. And as already stated, it's unnatural.
    I know it's already done with tyrouge. Except he also needs to be level 20. What I meant...well let me give an example. Let's say a new pokemon needs 105 attack to evolve. Once it hits 105 attack it evolves. That's basically it.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I know it's already done with tyrouge. Except he also needs to be level 20. What I meant...well let me give an example. Let's say a new pokemon needs 105 attack to evolve. Once it hits 105 attack it evolves. That's basically it.
    Ohhh. I see now. Haha, my bad. That would be interesting.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Thorton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    Ohhh. I see now. Haha, my bad. That would be interesting.
    It would promote EV/IV training.....which ever is the one where you can gain something like +37 to a stat by battling the same pokemon over and over again...i think it's EVs.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Some one brought up in another thread an idea that could work. Evolution by certain events in battle. For example an electric pokemon that can only evolve (at a certain level) after being super charged by an opponents electric ability. Or a rock type evolving to a steel type from being exposed to fire type moves.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

It would promote EV/IV training.....which ever is the one where you can gain something like +37 to a stat by battling the same pokemon over and over again...i think it's EVs.
    It's EVs. IVs cannot be changed.

Pokemon should not fuse together this is not digimon and yugioh

There is already enough ways for Pokemon to evolve. Leveling up, stones, trading( while holding items for certain mons), friendship during a certain time of day, a certain move in the movepool. I think that is enough ways to evolve
    Last edited by Oswin; 8th January 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cerony View Post
    The bigger problem with fusion is that it is unnatural. Just look back to the way Kyurem becomes black or white to see why it is unnatural.
    Actually, this isn't really a problem with pokemon. The dex entries for many pokemon reference unnatural life processes. Porygon is still canonized as the world's first artificially created pokemon.

So I'm down with fusion. But I do like the idea of weather evolutions.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- Pokemon evolving when its friendship decreases to a certain level. Other than Frustration being more powerful, there isn't that much impact of a pokemon being less friendly towards you in the games.
    - Evolutions that occur if a pokemon's EVs are maxed out in a certain stat.
    - Evolutions that occur during different seasons. There was speculation when Gen V came out that Swadloon and Woobat would only evolve if their levels of friendship reach a certain point during summer, but that never came to be. Season-based evolutions might account for different branch evolutions/types. Deerling and Sawsbuck change forms depending on seasons, but these differences are just aesthetic.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    - Pokemon evolving when its friendship decreases to a certain level. Other than Frustration being more powerful, there isn't that much impact of a pokemon being less friendly towards you in the games.
    This is one of the things that gets brought up every generation. The idea is that pokemon are your friends and companions. Having them evolve and grow stronger by not liking you would imply that you are deliberately mistreating them, especially since pokemon happiness goes up for practically everything you do with them. I think this is a method GF should avoid ever bringing into the games.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    If this was yugioh you would putting pokemon in piles and waiting for something to fly out of another dimension.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Monster

A Pokemon that won't evolve unless you pay it handsomely.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Quote Originally Posted by Regiruler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokefanforever View Post
    If this was yugioh you would putting pokemon in piles and waiting for something to fly out of another dimension.

Xyz Monster - Yu-Gi-Oh!
    I'm simply saying that fusion is an unnatural process like someone said in a previous post. Kyurem could fuse with redshiram and zekrom because their DNAs are related.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast