New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y? - Page 9

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y?

Blog Entries

Default Re: New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y?

I bet Gogoat will be exclusive to Lumiose and won't be part of normal transportation. I think the main forms of land transportation will include walking (slight push of the Circle Pad) --> running --> (full push of the Circle Pad) --> skating (activated by button press) --> skateboarding (key item). I threw in the skateboard instead of the bike, because I don't see how the bike would work with the new 3D graphics and skateboarding just seems to make more sense. And they already added something new with Gogoat and the skates, so it's actually become a possibility again we might see something replacing the bike. Why not?

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gogoat enough said.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    I don't know why you guys are hating on Gogoat... It's pretty awesome, and I HAVE WAITED YEARS FOR A GOAT POKEMON TO FINALLY APPEAR! I do agree that Rapidash should be ride-able though.

Also, I know this won't happen, but imagine how cool it would be to ride around on a Steelix!
    I think most of us are not hating on it, but hating on the possibility that Gogoat will be the ONLY Pokemon we can ride, which would be extremely disappointing. Also, some (myself included), do not see the actual reason that riding is needed.. is it there just to show off Gogoat.. Or is it something more...? If the latter, then riding will be awesome.
    If not, the disappointment caused by being able to ride only Gogoat and no others will lead us into hating Gogoat, eventually (Or so I think...)

But I do like it's design, and it looks like a pretty cool new Poke, my favourite of what's been released this month.
    While I do agree with you, that doesn't mean that the feature can't come back for future installments. Case in point: Amityville and walking Pokémon. In DP, it was just a gimmick and only let you use a handfull of Pokémon, then came Platinum which expanded the roster and finally, by HGSS, the feature was fully implemented, being available in the whole game (instead of being a gimmick available only at one location) and with any of the then 493 existing Pokémon. So I still have my hopes that future installments will let you ride more Pokémon, and freely too.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I bet Gogoat will be exclusive to Lumiose and won't be part of normal transportation. I think the main forms of land transportation will include walking (slight push of the Circle Pad) --> running --> (full push of the Circle Pad) --> skating (activated by button press) --> skateboarding (key item). I threw in the skateboard instead of the bike, because I don't see how the bike would work with the new 3D graphics and skateboarding just seems to make more sense. And they already added something new with Gogoat and the skates, so it's actually become a possibility again we might see something replacing the bike. Why not?
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D for the same handheld kept horse riding, which is harder to animate, so I don't think how can't the bike be kept in. I guess you are referring to the bike appparing out of nowhere like in the previous games, however, given that XY is preserving the simple aesthetics from the 2D games, I think they would keep the 'bike appearing out of nowhere' animation. Otherwise, it still can work (I admit that wold be a bit jarring) if they put a liitle thought on it. For instance, they can make it so you don't own your bike this time, you just rent it, so you only can access to in a certain place, and when you get off, you just park the bike there, where it will await for you; in order to keep the bike available after dismounting, bike stands should be present all over Kalos, akin to Pokémon Centers... or it can actually be part of the PC's services, just like in Gen V they merged the Marts to be part of the PC.

I don't know, I just don't want the bike to be replaced; personally, I've always traveled by bike everywhere I go within my town, so for me it is further strenghtens the feeling of the 'the player is the character' experience, that's why I don't want it to go, especially now that we have character customization and a longer character limit for names (myr eal name doesn't fit within the current limit).
    Last edited by VeggiePopper; 29th May 2013 at 05:38 PM.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Count me in for not wanting to see the bike go, even if it popping up out of nowhere when used would look strange in 3D. It just feels like the kinda thing that's a staple of these games, you know?
    VeggiePopper and Team Gaara like this.

Blog Entries

But then what would the difference be between roller skating and using the bike? They wouldn't add the bike in for no reason....
    Fortunately, I have an idea how it's possible. It's about where you would use the two things. Both of them could be used in normal towns and routes that have only grass (and water).
    However, you would be allowed to use the rollerblades/rollerskates, or whatever, inside Pokemon centers and houses!! I mean, if you can where running shoes there, it would make sense to be able to use rollereblades too, right?
    Now it's the bike. First, you all should know that there are many mountains that we can see in Kalos. So the bike you get in this region would be a mountain bike. On rougher terrain, you will not be able to use rollerblades (just thinking logically), but instead, you would be able to use the mountain bike. They could also add some kind of "Rock Climb" places on/in the mountains in which you can use only that bike to climb up those places.
    Okay, this idea I came up with just now, so I hope you liked it. And I actually hope it, or something similar to it, happens.
    VeggiePopper likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

But then what would the difference be between roller skating and using the bike? They wouldn't add the bike in for no reason....
    Fortunately, I have an idea how it's possible. It's about where you would use the two things. Both of them could be used in normal towns and routes that have only grass (and water).
    However, you would be allowed to use the rollerblades/rollerskates, or whatever, inside Pokemon centers and houses!! I mean, if you can where running shoes there, it would make sense to be able to use rollereblades too, right?
    Now it's the bike. First, you all should know that there are many mountains that we can see in Kalos. So the bike you get in this region would be a mountain bike. On rougher terrain, you will not be able to use rollerblades (just thinking logically), but instead, you would be able to use the mountain bike. They could also add some kind of "Rock Climb" places on/in the mountains in which you can use only that bike to climb up those places.
    Okay, this idea I came up with just now, so I hope you liked it. And I actually hope it, or something similar to it, happens.
    That makes quite good sense, and wouldn't be surprised to see that being implemented into the game. I'm however, hoping that the rollerblades will be just an alternative to the bike, so we can have an actual preference for our mode of transport. The bike has always been the fasted mode of transport, and now that character customisation is available, perhaps introducing an alternative method of transport will further implement character customisation. I would quite enjoy using rollerblades instead of the bike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    That makes quite good sense, and wouldn't be surprised to see that being implemented into the game. I'm however, hoping that the rollerblades will be just an alternative to the bike, so we can have an actual preference for our mode of transport. The bike has always been the fasted mode of transport, and now that character customisation is available, perhaps introducing an alternative method of transport will further implement character customisation. I would quite enjoy using rollerblades instead of the bike.
    Combining the ideas of customization and newer methods of transport, I think it is very likely that we'll be able to customize our bikes/rollerblades. At least with different colours (green, blue, purple, pink, red etc.) if not more, (designs and stuff.) Although I don't think we'll see the later until Gen VII, since this is only the first time we've had a high graphics (for GameFreak, I mean) 3D, main series game... We'll just have to wait and find out.
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Um, the player character is about ten, I doubt ten-year olds would drive cars.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveewithwings123 View Post
    (Who said anything about driving cars?)
    Anyway, maybe you could ride them like Taxis? Or an (older, 16+) NPC that becomes your friend who gives you a ride in his/her car after you help them with something.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

They're 10 in Anime canon. There is no specific age for the characters in the games. We know they are young, but I'd say most of them are suppose to be older than 10. I'd say low to mid teens.

@Phoenixon I too do not recall anyone mentioning driving cars asa news mode of transport. Although they have been allowed to leave their home in every game, and there's a few generations where you could gamble, so I wouldn't imagine age as the reason they wouldn't drive cars, although I doubt we'll ever see cars as a mode for transport around the region in any future game.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

But then what would the difference be between roller skating and using the bike?
    If the videos shown so far are any indication, roller skating is faster than running, yet not as fast as the bike, so there you go. Anyways, other than that, your suggestion is quite neat and I like it: skates for cities and indoors, bike for rough terrain adds variety to the mix and keep the games fresh.

Who said they're 10? So far, we know NOTHING about the protagonists. Furthermore, not only that is only true in the anime, but also if you look at the characters artwork you'll see they look way older than the Gen I-IV protagonists, probably even older than the BW characters (they look as tall as N, the female has large breasts), so I'll say they're at least 16-18, enough for them to drive a car. But I see it unlikely, unlike it is another one-time thing like riding Gogoat.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Who said they're 10? So far, we know NOTHING about the protagonists. Furthermore, not only that is only true in the anime, but also if you look at the characters artwork you'll see they look way older than the Gen I-IV protagonists, probably even older than the BW characters (they look as tall as N, the female has large breasts), so I'll say they're at least 16-18, enough for them to drive a car. But I see it unlikely, unlike it is another one-time thing like riding Gogoat.
    I agree; the new player characters are visibly older even than Hilbert and Hilda. I made a height comparison featuring all the male player characters as well as N; I did this while trying to follow a uniform scale (click on the image for a larger version):
    height.png

The only facts that we know are that Red was 11 years old in Generation I, and that Lucas, Ethan and N's heights are 1.43m, 1.50m and 1.80m, respectively. Since 1.43m is around the average height for a 11-year old boy, I assume that Lucas' age is also 11 while Ethan's is around 12. Judging from my height comparison, Brendan is probably also 11, while Nate and Hilbert are around 13 and 14, respectively. The new player character is only a bit shorter than N, so I assume that he's around 17 (which was Wes' age in Colosseum).
    Last edited by Silktree; 30th May 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    But then what would the difference be between roller skating and using the bike?
    If the videos shown so far are any indication, roller skating is faster than running, yet not as fast as the bike, so there you go.
    Oh yeah, totally forgot about the speed. So that means the speed of all of them would be [bike>rollerskates>running>walking].... but the question is, where does Gogoat fit into this? He looked extremely slow in the trailer, most likely because he's just there to show off his feature, not ridden to get to places fast.

Anyway, besides the fact that it seems very unlikely that you can ride other Pokemon, would that mean that the speed of the Pokemon you ride also depends on the Speed stat of the Pokemon? Logically, I say yes, but to implement that into the game may not be as easy as I think (or is it?)

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess it would be similar to the difference in the Gear Shift or the Mach and Acro bikes' speeds. So they could keep the bike, but only give it one speed, and then it would be faster than skates and presumably Gogoat (which doesn't really matter since he's only in one city).

Oh yeah, totally forgot about the speed. So that means the speed of all of them would be [bike>rollerskates>running>walking]
    In the trailer, it sort of seemed like they were running faster than they were skating. I could be wrong, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    In the trailer, it sort of seemed like they were running faster than they were skating. I could be wrong, though.
    When they showed the skating in the first trailer, I though they made it in slow motion to show it off. Which means it may have not been as slow as you thought... I guess I'll have to watch the again.

Edit: I just saw it again, and I can't really tell. Even it it wasn't slow motion, the animation they used for him, the speed it watch his arms and legs are moving, is very slow, which may make it look like he's moving slowly, but watching the background suggests that may not be the case. I don't know.....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast