New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y? - Page 6

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y?

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New method of faster traveling in Pokemon X and Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    Kind of ironic how the region seems to be based on France, and yet bikes seem to be absent? Of course it's just beta footage. As a klutz who can't roller blade, I personally don't want things to change, but eh.
    France has no particular affinity with the bicycle. No more than any other European country. The exception is The Netherlands, where there is a massive cyclist population and many designated cycling routes.

I think the whole skating thing is pretty cool. A nice little change that I'm sure very few (if any) people were expecting. Of course, we don't know if the bike is completely replaced but as others have mentioned regarding the 3D rendering, it would be tricky to pull it off.
    *cough* Tour de France *cough*

I guess it's the difficulty of animating a bike in 3D, yeah, in which case I understand why it would have to be replaced.
    Charazemma and AceTogeTrainer like this.

Blog Entries

Who says bikes aren't present? From what I've seen people are guessing roller blades are the new Running Shoes.
    Last edited by Somari; 9th February 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Kind of ironic how the region seems to be based on France, and yet bikes seem to be absent? Of course it's just beta footage. As a klutz who can't roller blade, I personally don't want things to change, but eh.
    France has no particular affinity with the bicycle. No more than any other European country. The exception is The Netherlands, where there is a massive cyclist population and many designated cycling routes.

I think the whole skating thing is pretty cool. A nice little change that I'm sure very few (if any) people were expecting. Of course, we don't know if the bike is completely replaced but as others have mentioned regarding the 3D rendering, it would be tricky to pull it off.

I guess it's the difficulty of animating a bike in 3D, yeah, in which case I understand why it would have to be replaced.
    I'm gonna ignore the attitude in that comment :) and just say this - the Tour de France doesn't mean that France as a nation has an affinity with the bicycle. It isn't a central part to their towns and cities like it is in The Netherlands as I've already stated. If the Tour de France only featured French cyclists, then you might've had a valid point.

In my country, Scotland, we have the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every year. It is regarded as one of the best and most significant festivals for comedy and theatre in the whole world.

This does not mean that Scotland is a country full of performers or that theatrical performance is central to our civilization.

Back on topic, @Somari; makes a good point which has been raised by a few others. We actually have no idea if the bike is removed or not.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna ignore the attitude in that comment :) and just say this - the Tour de France doesn't mean that France as a nation has an affinity with the bicycle. It isn't a central part to their towns and cities like it is in The Netherlands as I've already stated. If the Tour de France only featured French cyclists, then you might've had a valid point.

In my country, Scotland, we have the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every year. It is regarded as one of the best and most significant festivals for comedy and theatre in the whole world.

This does not mean that Scotland is a country full of performers or that theatrical performance is central to our civilization.

Back on topic, @Somari; makes a good point which has been raised by a few others. We actually have no idea if the bike is removed or not.
    I'm not saying that France has an affinity with the bicycle, I'm saying that the Tour de France is a notable and famous event that I personally think would be a nice addition to the region as a whole. Nor am I saying that it would be a central part, because it wouldn't. You've misunderstood my comment.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying that France has an affinity with the bicycle, I'm saying that the Tour de France is a notable and famous event that I personally think would be a nice addition to the region as a whole. Nor am I saying that it would be a central part, because it wouldn't. You've misunderstood my comment.
    Ok... well if you think that saying ''*cough* Tour de France *cough* '' implies all of that then fair enough. But quite clearly I had no reason to assume that the message you were trying to get across was so detailed. For the record, I think you've also misunderstood my comment judging by your response. Anyway, we both agree that we have no evidence to suggest that bicycles are completely absent from the Gen VI games. So that's that I suppose.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Maybe we can pick whichever method we like, say, you go the new shop and you can get and switch between a bike, rollers, a skateboard...?

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally think that you will start the game being able to run. After the first badge, you'll get the wheels to attach to your shoes, and after some time you'll get a bike.

And have your mom give you a tiny device (or install a program to whatever tech you have) that has a large B button that activate the wheels; might actually make her explanation fit in-game.

I think that possibly the subway or some sort of train system will be in place. it has been in other games and would be simple to implement.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Embored View Post
    I think that possibly the subway or some sort of train system will be in place. it has been in other games and would be simple to implement.
    Wouldn't that be overtly complex, long and tiring though....?

Also, yeah, the thread is about bikes and stuff that make your walking speed go faster, I know, but your comment is still pertinent.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

The idea of visiting a shop or somehow changing between methods of faster travel sounds interesting.

Something fun would be skates swapping wheels (?) depending on the terrain, such as riding on ice skates on icy terrain. Or if there are snowy mountain slopes, skis could be possible (I'm not sure about the limits that 3DS has that would prevent it from these ideas though. x) )
    Owain and Charazemma like this.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    I personally think that you will start the game being able to run. After the first badge, you'll get the wheels to attach to your shoes, and after some time you'll get a bike.

And have your mom give you a tiny device (or install a program to whatever tech you have) that has a large B button that activate the wheels; might actually make her explanation fit in-game.
    There are shoes in real life that have the wheels on them that you can easily switch from rolling to running or walking. http://www.lulusoso.com/upload/20110613/roller_shoes_flying_shoes_wheel_shoes_wheels.jpg

That seems like a lot of effort on the part of the designers I mean a bike alone seem pretty tough. But in reality I only ever used the bike while hatching eggs so if it went away i'm not heavily dissappointed. I mean with these 3D graphics who would want to speed through the game?? I just hope my breeding doesn't take forever now. But then again if that theory about increasing IVs is true then breeding will be a lot easier anyways!

Also, does anyone know about this walking sideways business from the latest corocoro pictures? this is kinda a transportation question.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post

That seems like a lot of effort on the part of the designers I mean a bike alone seem pretty tough. But in reality I only ever used the bike while hatching eggs so if it went away i'm not heavily dissappointed. I mean with these 3D graphics who would want to speed through the game?? I just hope my breeding doesn't take forever now. But then again if that theory about increasing IVs is true then breeding will be a lot easier anyways!

Also, does anyone know about this walking sideways business from the latest corocoro pictures? this is kinda a transportation question.
    When you zoom in a lot, the player is actually facing diagonally. So if this magazine is real (which it probably is) we're probably going diagonal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTogeTrainer View Post

When you zoom in a lot, the player is actually facing diagonally. So if this magazine is real (which it probably is) we're probably going diagonal.
    I have a lot of mixed feelings about this... on one hand it will be so liberating and amazing... but on the other hand the precious mathematical balance of the pokemon world will be thrown into chaos!!! how will RNG work? how will we count our daycare steps?? Is our control over the randomness of pokemon over. or am i overexaggerating? (cause i never 100% understood RNG)
    Last edited by AceTogeTrainer; 13th May 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Blog Entries

Or he could just be in the middle of turning a corner in the four-directional system.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast