New Forms - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Forms

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Default Re: New Forms

I want Castform to have different forms for all weather conditions, not like, it changes in the weather, but maybe you give it an item and it stays as say, Rain-Castform, but has an ability were it's attacks are stronger or it has a defence boost when it's raining? Because of Castform using an item, it wouldn't need the ability Forecast.

Of course, I doubt GameFreak would do that... I guess... perhaps there are some Pokémon I'd like to see other evolutions for, but, Castform so far is the only Pokémon I can think of that would really deserve "forms", and heck, it even has "form" in it's name. Castform. xD

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want quite a few new forms. One of the things that bothers me most is worthless pokemon that have never been very valuable, but have potential. Nintendo's current solution for this is to make evolutions (Which means harder evolution methods, more pokemon to catch, and fewer actual new pokemon). Forms however, do not add to your list of pokemon to catch, add value to old pokemon, and has little consequence in the event that a bad form is made (Contrast to a bad evolution) on the actual pokemon.

There are a few form ideas floating around to be made. For instance, Shellder's Spiky form (AKA the tail of Slowbro/Crown of Slowking) would make an easy form. Just take some item like Slowpoke tail and give it to Shellder, making it more powerful. It would boost Shellder's potential, not create new evolutions to worry about, and would still be seen as something like a new pokemon. Sandstorm Castform is another one. For Castform, I'd actually advocate creating items (Or using the weather-enhancing rocks made in Gen IV) to turn Castform into that form for a longer period of time. Again, it makes a difference in how the pokemon could be used.

The other pokemon who I would give forms to, however, are pokemon that are considered to bland that nobody thinks about them. Think along the lines of Luvdisc. It's a small, insignificant pokemon based around the gimmick of being heart-shaped. Hoorah. But what if they could spice it up by giving it a second form? Nothing dramatic, but something to make Luvdisc more interesting compared to other, conventional pokemon. Similarly, pokemon like Dunsparce or Chatot could become more interesting with new forms.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    There are a few form ideas floating around to be made. For instance, Shellder's Spiky form (AKA the tail of Slowbro/Crown of Slowking) would make an easy form. Just take some item like Slowpoke tail and give it to Shellder, making it more powerful. It would boost Shellder's potential, not create new evolutions to worry about, and would still be seen as something like a new pokemon.
    This. It would give more of a use to the Slowpoke Tail and would make a lot of sense.

Back when Pokémon first came out, I actually thought the... thing, on a Slowbro's tail was actually Sheilder's evolution and that evolution then evolved into Cloister, of course that was before I played the games (when we didn't have enough money for a Gameboy and I could only watch the Animé).

A Sheilder form like that would make sense.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Quote Originally Posted by GameCodeTrainer View Post
    It would be cool if they made a new form of Ditto XD
    Ditto already has 493 different forms (actually more because it can transform into different forms of other pokemon.

Cat's foot, iron claw Danny-boy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Danny-boy On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    Ditto already has 493 different forms (actually more because it can transform into different forms of other pokemon.
    495,non?

...l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ 
     じしf_, )ノ

zorua and zoroark aren't in any games yet
    Last edited by Pokestar; 24th April 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Post Re: New Forms

[QUOTE=Dani_Shadow;1555980]495,non?

Blog Entries

My idea, the true form of Kakuna.Inside.

[QUOTE=Champion Ben;1556058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Shadow View Post
    495,non?

and deoxys and rotom forms :)

More Shellos, all we have is the East and West sea ones.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Blog Entries

..Shaymin, Giratina ,Pichu...(I hate this pichu)

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_Shadow View Post
    My idea, the true form of Kakuna.Inside
    That's a Beedrill.

----------------------------
    Shellos and Castform would be neat additions to the forms repertoire, but let's be fair, that will depend upon whether Castform and Shellos return in the next regional Pokédex.

Other than that, we don't need any new forms. As it's been already said, they are only added mid-gen to Pokémon introduced in the same generation as a way to introduce new "Pokémon" while maintaining compatibility between the new games (the ones introducing these forms) and the originals (lacking the new forms). Legendaries usually are related to that particular game's plot, so the focus of BW's storyline will be the new legends, not the previous ones, thus there'll be no need for new forms for previous legendaries, and for non-legendaries, there's a little thing called evolution...

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Quote Originally Posted by Pokestar View Post
    and deoxys and rotom forms :)
    Seriously, all mocking aside, Rotom woul be great, but Deoxys has been overused and abused. Here's a new idea: they introduce a new weather condition called Acid Rain and Castform gets a new Poison form.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

WHy would a fog castform be ghost wouldnt it be flying type instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheKam1993 View Post
    WHy would a fog castform be ghost wouldnt it be flying type instead.
    I agre. Ghosts don't even relate to fog when you're talking about weather.
    Also, a sandstorm form for Castform. You can't just leave the remaining weather condition out. It'll be sad. :'(

And I'd like one or two more pokemon like Spinda. Same pokemon, crap-load of different markings.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast