New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion - Page 28
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

Well

A) Windstorm doesn't have the same effect as Thunder. it can be assured that they are pretty different attacks.

B) I think sticking to some more reliable sources is the best thing. I mean, a Google document is somewhat like a Wikipedia page. Not much to add on that.

My favorite ability from this Generation, I'd say, would be Analyze. I mean, it increases your attack's power if you move after your opponent! That's a pretty handy ability when it comes to dealing with either speedy Pokemon, or a Pokemon of yours that's generally weak.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    On the other hand, there have been multiple sources which state the opposite. Smogon has its effect listed as an index [E151], though that may be counted as a different effect in that it causes both confusion and is affected by weather. This source only says "increase accuracy during weather"
    You're confusing the side effect index number with the flag that indicates it's affected by weather, so of course Thunder has a different value (30% chance of paralyzing). The rest behaves exactly like Thunder: it has 50% accuracy during Sunny Day, 100% with Rain Dance and the normal value during any other weather; it is able to hit Pokémon during Bounce, Fly and Free Fall. Besides, it can hit non-adjacent targets in Triple Battles. I can confirm this as I have a Ulgamoth with Hurricane and it only has 100% accuracy when I set up Rain Dance with my Tornelos; pairing it with my Drought Ninetales results in Hurricane missing 50% of the time.

If you look at the BW Research Thread on Smogon, you'll find that my description is correct.
    = Breeding projects =

Current: Togepi 31-30-30-31-31-31 - Bold - HP Ice | Last: Exeggcute 31-26-31-30-31-30 - Timid - HP Fire

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RudolphMilotic View Post
    You're confusing the side effect index number with the flag that indicates it's affected by weather, so of course Thunder has a different value (30% chance of paralyzing). The rest behaves exactly like Thunder: it has 50% accuracy during Sunny Day, 100% with Rain Dance and the normal value during any other weather; it is able to hit Pokémon during Bounce, Fly and Free Fall. Besides, it can hit non-adjacent targets in Triple Battles. I can confirm this as I have a Ulgamoth with Hurricane and it only has 100% accuracy when I set up Rain Dance with my Tornelos; pairing it with my Drought Ninetales results in Hurricane missing 50% of the time.

If you look at the BW Research Thread on Smogon, you'll find that my description is correct.
    Thank you for that ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Promise of Serenity View Post
    Well

A) Windstorm doesn't have the same effect as Thunder. it can be assured that they are pretty different attacks.

B) I think sticking to some more reliable sources is the best thing. I mean, a Google document is somewhat like a Wikipedia page. Not much to add on that.
    It may be google documents, but its a document compiled by a fan doing research on moves and their effect. I don't see how its any different from believing a forum post doing the same thing.

There also aren't any official sources online that go into this kind of detail, and from my experience (and from other people's testimonials), official published sources are much worse than fandom research.

These are the English names of the new abilities:

Analytic, Big Pecks, Contrary, Cursed Body, Defeatist, Defiant, Flare Boost, Friend Guard, Harvest, Healer, Heavy Metal, Illusion, Imposter, Infiltrator, Iron Barbs, Justified, Light Metal, Magic Bounce, Moody, Moxie, Multiscale, Mummy, Overcoat, Pickpocket, Poison Touch, Prankster, Rattled, Regenerator, Sand Force, Sand Rush, Sap Sipper, Sheer Force, Telepathy, Teravolt, Toxic Boost, Turboblaze, Unnerve, Victory Star, Weak Armor, Wonder Skin, Zen Mode

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
    These are the English names of the new abilities:

Analytic, Big Pecks, Contrary, Cursed Body, Defeatist, Defiant, Flare Boost, Friend Guard, Harvest, Healer, Heavy Metal, Illusion, Imposter, Infiltrator, Iron Barbs, Justified, Light Metal, Magic Bounce, Moody, Moxie, Multiscale, Mummy, Overcoat, Pickpocket, Poison Touch, Prankster, Rattled, Regenerator, Sand Force, Sand Rush, Sap Sipper, Sheer Force, Telepathy, Teravolt, Toxic Boost, Turboblaze, Unnerve, Victory Star, Weak Armor, Wonder Skin, Zen Mode
    We know about this already

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728