New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 410

Thread: New Confirmed Moves/Abilities/Distribution Discussion

  1. #16
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,244

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    how does fire and electric have only 2 physical moves? Fire has about five (Sacred fire, Flame wheel, Flare Blitz, Fire Punch and Fire Fang) and electric has (Volt tackle, Thunder punch, thunder fang, and spark) but maybe a stronger physical electric move in between thunder punch and volt tackle's base power (75-120)

    EDIT: And Victreebel already learns Leaf blade.

  2. #17
    I love Iris! Orion-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    1,007
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKam1993 View Post
    how does fire and electric have only 2 physical moves? Fire has about five (Sacred fire, Flame wheel, Flare Blitz, Fire Punch and Fire Fang) and electric has (Volt tackle, Thunder punch, thunder fang, and spark) but maybe a stronger physical electric move in between thunder punch and volt tackle's base power (75-120)
    That's what I meant. Both quantity and distribution. As it is, Sacred Fire is exclusive to one Pokémon. Flame Wheel is nothing most Fire Pokémon learn, and it's very weak to boot. Flare Blitz has alright distribution besides two candidates that make sense but are still unable to learn it. To me, it makes much less sense than every Fire Pokémon can now learn Solar Beam than having all Fire Pokémon capable of Flare Blitz. Fire Fang is, like Flame Wheel, too weak for serious use. Fire Punch is limited to bipedal Fire Types, or those that have arms.

    Electric is worse. Spark and Thunder Fang are like Flame Wheel and Fire Fang, but are the only widespread options. Quadruped Pokémon can't learn Thunder Punch. Volt Tackle is exclusive to the Pikachu family.

    So yes, a Physical Fire and/or Electric Move with 75+ base power and that can be learned by most, if not all Pokémon of such Type would be very welcome.

    EDIT: And Victreebel already learns Leaf Blade.
    Oh, that's right. Been off the loop for a while now. But good. At least they got this done.
    Last edited by Orion-Sama; 3rd April 2010 at 09:04 PM.

  3. #18
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,244

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Metagross isn't bipedal yet he can still learn the elemental punches.

  4. #19
    I love Iris! Orion-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    1,007
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKam1993 View Post
    Metagross isn't bipedal yet he can still learn the elemental punches.
    Metagross is a special case, as it's made a point that its legs double as arms due to the way they're jointed, and due to its previous stage having two arms. Not the case for the vast majority of other quadruped, more animal-like Pokémon. An exception doesn't means it can be done this way for every quadruped creature. Certainly isn't such for the developers.

  5. #20
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,244

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    I still find it weird how Gastly got the Elemental punches. When Blaze Kick came out I always thought they would make a thunder kick and ice kick xD

  6. #21

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    I don't believe Gyarados can learn Thunder Fang. He definitely should.

  7. #22
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,486
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by *Orion* View Post
    That's what I meant. Both quantity and distribution. As it is, Sacred Fire is exclusive to one Pokémon. Flame Wheel is nothing most Fire Pokémon learn, and it's very weak to boot. Flare Blitz has alright distribution besides two candidates that make sense but are still unable to learn it. To me, it makes much less sense than every Fire Pokémon can now learn Solar Beam than having all Fire Pokémon capable of Flare Blitz. Fire Fang is, like Flame Wheel, too weak for serious use. Fire Punch is limited to bipedal Fire Types, or those that have arms.

    Electric is worse. Spark and Thunder Fang are like Flame Wheel and Fire Fang, but are the only widespread options. Quadruped Pokémon can't learn Thunder Punch. Volt Tackle is exclusive to the Pikachu family.

    So yes, a Physical Fire and/or Electric Move with 75+ base power and that can be learned by most, if not all Pokémon of such Type would be very welcome.


    Oh, that's right. Been off the loop for a while now. But good. At least they got this done.
    I'm pretty sure the Fangs only have 5 to 15 less power than the punches. But your right about making more physical moves for those types. I trust recoil moves as far as I can throw em'.

  8. #23
    the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Empoleon need flash cannon now. And a move change. Why does Prinplup get metal claw after evolution while Empoleon gets frigen' aqua jet? They need to have Prinplup learn aqua jet and Empoleon learn flash cannon.

    You sir, have just been sweeped.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    West Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    They should let flying bugs like Scyther and Scizor learn Fly. And Heracross too.

  10. #25
    Prayers to Oak Creek Angad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,226
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by flaming infernape View Post
    Empoleon need flash cannon now. And a move change. Why does Prinplup get metal claw after evolution while Empoleon gets frigen' aqua jet? They need to have Prinplup learn aqua jet and Empoleon learn flash cannon.
    Empoleon can learn Flash Cannon by TM, you know?

    Much love to Zurr

  11. #26
    Registered User Pokeman_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Albany, New York
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Victrebel should learn poison jab and typhlosin needs a moveset exspansion seriously :)

  12. #27

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher Wake View Post
    They should let flying bugs like Scyther and Scizor learn Fly. And Heracross too.
    They can only fly short distances

  13. #28
    Deep Water cowboy dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    837
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
    They can only fly short distances
    And some pokemon that learn fly don't look big enough to carry the player. It should be there for gameplay purposes.
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, the possibility of life is destroyed." - Alexander Supertramp

    I tried pretty hard my whole life what I'd call my best...I'm proud that I'm not proud.

  14. #29
    Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway, Europe
    Posts
    2,030
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
    They can only fly short distances
    But Zubat can fly far? Fail logic.

    FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

  15. #30

    Default Re: Distributing certain moves to certain pokemon.

    This thread needs to get revived

    Sacred fire is popular so ill start with that one; flareon needs it for sure i know it could also get flare blitz but unless flareon all of sudden gets rock head theres no way im using it; i aint going to evolve my eevee just so i can kill it myself lol

    houndoom is also a good candidate i mean common a dog from hell whose flame will leave you permanently burned and the best it can do is will o wisp

    Aereo blast should be given to dragon pokenon since most of them seem to be masters of wind and gyarados even if its weak on it

    actually i hate dragon type attacks i mean they eaither look normal fire or flying IE( dragonbreath, twister, dragon pulse) they should be turned into normal types like fire and flying and then be given effects like stronger against dragons or when used by dragons or both idk plus their original effects like paralysis


    "I want money, I want women, I want power, I want Internets. I want everything in the world!"
    — Greed (the most Bad-ass Homunculus ever), Fullmetal Alchemist

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •