New Battle Styles - Page 7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: New Battle Styles

Default Re: New Battle Styles

Quote Originally Posted by pastabender View Post
    I don't think it's going to be possible to run into a horde of any Pokemon anywhere. I think there'll be only a few aka Houndour, Zubat in certain routes as well, with maybe a warning on the route sign or something.
    Maybe it's like shaking grass -- something that happens only once in a while. It may feature the same or different Pokemon that you'd otherwise find on the route.
    Akromatic likes this.

What about it only happening in rustling overgrown grass and giant dust clouds? That should make them rare enough.
    Akromatic likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

I know some people seem really against these horde battles, but hopefully once they're explained a little more people will warm up? I honestly think they look like loads of fun, and when you think about it, it does make sense to have hordes. Kind of like swarms with actual swarming.
    Anyway here's a screenshot I found of the Helioptile v Zubat horde shown on Smash:
    zubat-horde.png
    Team Gaara and Lugiafanatic like this.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

I know some people seem really against these horde battles, but hopefully once they're explained a little more people will warm up? I honestly think they look like loads of fun, and when you think about it, it does make sense to have hordes. Kind of like swarms with actual swarming.
    Anyway here's a screenshot I found of the Helioptile v Zubat horde shown on Smash:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zubat horde.png 
Views:	2207 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	87986
    I'm looking forward to horde battles. It seems to be a pretty exciting challenge, and it will be great to have my Pokemon test itself and face off against five wild Pokemon at once.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zubat horde.png 
Views:	2207 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	87986
    THAT'S probably what it is!! That will happen when it says a swarm of Pokemon are on Route ##!
    Lugiafanatic likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow pastabender on Tumblr

I just realised, Gyarados are going to be able to participate in Sky Battles...

I just realised, Gyarados are going to be able to participate in Sky Battles...
    On the same note, Doduo and Dodrio are going to be able to participate in Sky Battles...

Gyarados I can understand (flying serpent thing), but Doduo/Dodrio are going to be the interesting ones.

(On the other side of the picture, Scyther can participate but its evolution Scizor cannot.)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

The real kicker is that among the levitating pokemon are solrock lunatone and rotom. If of course all levitating pokemon fit the criteria. At least Flygon should make it in though.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

They should make some exceptions to the flying and levitate rule though. There's various Pokemon (Munna line, Magneton line, Klink line, Chandelure, Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, Venomoth, etc) which are all perfectly capable of either flying or levitating in the same way the Pokemon that are going to be allowed can, but won't be allowed because of the rule we've been told about. I'm honestly not super sold on Sky Battles yet, not until we have a complete list of which can participate and which can't, but hopefully they allow some exceptions so that feature works to its fullest.

Horde battles, on the other hand, I am actually pretty excited for. Not because the idea is anything amazing, but just because it seems like it could be quite fun and at least a little different and all that glorious EXP.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Sure horde battles are all fun and games, till 5 exploding boldores with sturdy pop up. Then its a fucking riot!
    Guy_Spy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    The real kicker is that among the levitating pokemon are solrock lunatone and rotom. If of course all levitating pokemon fit the criteria. At least Flygon should make it in though.
    Flygon has levitate though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Sure horde battles are all fun and games, till 5 exploding boldores with sturdy pop up. Then its a fucking riot!
    Now I'm totally not looking forward to these. Thanks. :p
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Yeah that's what I mean out of the pokemon with levitate that are not flying Flygon will likely work. Still broken though cause it can learn rock type moves.

Blog Entries

Wait, is the "Flying-type and/or Levitate" rule actually confirmed, or is it just a theory?

Either way.. I can't see them only going by mere typings and abilities when there are Pokemon out there that have neither but are still perfectly able to fly/levitate. I mean, a lot of non-Flying/Levitate Bug-types can fly, implying that the Flying-type is some sort of "Wind-type" that means the Pokemon is more associated with the sky/can manipulate the air/what have you etc rather than simply telling us it can fly (although I really want to see this way, I really can't, but that's for another topic).

I really hope Sky Battles isn't based on the Flying-type or the Levitate ability alone. It would make the feature pretty.. discriminating and not based on what the Pokemon can do but instead of what the Pokemon are.

Besides, being able to send out Scyther but not Scizor would be a bunch of BS.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

So far only part flying have been shown and gengar. However the site that broke the news along with other details of the games that are true mentions only flying types and levitate, which does seem to be the case. It makes sense cause otherwise the selection of pokemon useful for these would be too broad. Gen 5 would be the worst offender with stuff like hydreigon, volcarona, golurk, chandelure and so on.Wailord would also break the damn thing cause of its floating body.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast