New Battle Styles - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: New Battle Styles

Default Re: New Battle Styles

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    Criteria for Sky Battles: Flying types, Levitate ability, Ability to learn Fly or has Fly in moveset, and Pokemon that are known for flying but do not meet previous criteria. (ex. Beldum, Magneton lines) Btw, Anyone have a rough # of Pokemon that "levitate" in their sprites?
    I counted the following:

May have missed a couple, but I think that's the complete list of Pokemon that can fly w/o being flying or having the levitate ability. That's 41.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    Criteria for Sky Battles: Flying types, Levitate ability, Ability to learn Fly or has Fly in moveset, and Pokemon that are known for flying but do not meet previous criteria. (ex. Beldum, Magneton lines) Btw, Anyone have a rough # of Pokemon that "levitate" in their sprites?
    I counted the following:

May have missed a couple, but I think that's the complete list of Pokemon that can fly w/o being flying or having the levitate ability. That's 41.
    WAIT has that been confirmed or is that speculation still. cuz that's what i was wondering... what about pokemon like Volcarona that can learn fly or pokes like solosis or shedinja that just float around?

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Follow Tyzerra On Twitter
    Visit Tyzerra's Youtube Channel

I imagine that Horde encounters will be easily avoidable and I doubt you'll come across any early-game. I'm kind-of imagining them in the same sense as Double Wild Encounters, with specific areas that trigger them. I want to say that you won't be forced into any Horde Encounters, but I actually think that would be a nice idea for one or two routes. I'm really excited for Horde Encounters! :)

Blog Entries

Doesn't Shaymin lose Sky Forme when frozen? That would disqualify it.

I'm hoping 5-on-1 hordes means they're a lot weaker (say, five LV10s where one by itself would be 15) or that only one can attack you at a time

@TheBugChampion; That's just my list of pokemon that can fly w/o being flying/having levitate.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    In terms of Sky Battle, I'm most wondering what happens if you use Gravity during one.
    or Smack down
    I counted the following:

I think Manaphy/Phione wouldn't count since water-types (Float) in sprites, Sunkern (The dex says it falls from the sky), Kricketot line (I'll give it the benefit of a doubt) Thanks!
    Last edited by ShinyRiolu; 13th June 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Pokemon Trainer
    Follow Frank4453 On Twitter
    Visit Frank4453's Youtube Channel

This also means it will be easier to level up your Pokemon

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as Staraptor can gloriously brawl in the sky, I'm content with sky battles. The horde battles capture my interest, but I don't really have any wants for it.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FUCK YEAH RAPTOR FIGHTS!!!
    braviary_vs_pidgeot_by_sarah_blakey-d3u8vr9.jpg
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

My Talonflame will rule the skies!!! Sky battles look pretty awesome, but I'd like to know the exact rules of what pokemon are allowed.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 14th June 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    My Talonflame will rule the skies!!!
    Talonflame, hot rod of the skies!
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=66373

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I'd like the criteria for Sky Battles to not just be Flying and Levitate Pokemon, but also Pokemon that can (legally) learn Fly by HM (but does not necessarily have to know it to participate in battle).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    ^ And what about Pokemon like Magnezone and Mew, which are neither Flying-type nor have Levitate as an ability but are airborne and can even fly nonetheless? I'm interested in how far they'll go with which Pokemon can participate (although that's about the only thing about Sky Battles I can really say I'm interested in, honestly).
    I counted the following:

Quote Originally Posted by TheBugChampion View Post
    WAIT has that been confirmed or is that speculation still. cuz that's what i was wondering... what about pokemon like Volcarona that can learn fly or pokes like solosis or shedinja that just float around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post

I'm hoping 5-on-1 hordes means they're a lot weaker (say, five LV10s where one by itself would be 15) or that only one can attack you at a time
    In terms of Sky Battle, I'm most wondering what happens if you use Gravity during one.
    or Smack down
    I think Manaphy/Phione wouldn't count since water-types (Float) in sprites, Sunkern (The dex says it falls from the sky), Kricketot line (I'll give it the benefit of a doubt) Thanks!
    I think this should and would be (as regards the first two criterion) the criterion order to being able to enter into Sky Battle: a) Pokemon is Flying type; b) Pokemon has Levitate ability; c) Pokemon holds an Air Balloon; d) Pokemon knows Fly; e) Pokemon can learn Fly; f) Pokemon can ostensibly fly; g) Pokemon ostensibly levitates; h) Pokemon knows Magnet Rise; i) Pokemon can learn Magnet Rise.

Perhaps you only have to be off the ground to enter into battle, or, perhaps this state must be maintained. In the latter case, freezing Sky Shaymin would eliminate it from battle (Sky Shaymin is a presumable legitimate entrant), and popping its Air Balloon would eliminate (theoretical entrant) Ampharos. If you could neutralize the ability of a Levitate pokemon (as perhaps with Worry Seed), you could cause it to crash to the ground. Knock Down would be the strongest move in the necessary-maintenance paradigm.

The Magnet Rise pokemon could enter into battle with the attack/ability active. They could perpetually levitate, or they could have a limited or decreasing time in battle (either they would have to faint, be switched out, or [re]use Magnet Rise if so allowed).

Gravity might be an illegal move. Or, perhaps, all Sky Battle entrants could have a battle-immunity to Ground. (Gravity would still have accuracy-altering effects.) All Ground moves could be illegal (or battle-hidden) moves. All Ground-like moves could be illegal moves. All grounding moves could be illegal moves.

All Pokemon could be treated as if they were "high up in the air" as if they had used Fly, for moves Thunder, Sky Uppercut, and like.

Sky Battles could have special field effects, altering accuracy, mover power, occasional effects, etc.

I think that's about all the realm of possibility.
    Last edited by League; 16th June 2013 at 06:01 AM.
    The_Doctor and Phoenixon like this.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post

on a similar note any flying type hit by soak would lose flying type and be disqualified
    Phoenixon likes this.

It's interesting to note that a 5-on-1 battle is functionally just a triple battle with your Pokemon in the center position and two of your ally spots occupied by enemy Pokemon. Thus, you can hit all five opponents with a single move if you need to. The placement of the wild Pokemons' HP meters even suggests this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivern View Post
    Sounds like I'm going to be in deep trouble... or confusion early on, seeing as I probably won't know exactly how to handle such situations.

Then again, 5 Audino <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Anybody think the Horde battle might use different rules from normal? I heard about it potentially using a "player Pokémon attacks, horde attacks" scheme which would bypass the Speed system; I'm also thinking abilities might be disabled for the horde, to prevent stuff like tons of Intimidates going off when you face a horde of Tauros.
    Hell i would be intimidated if i were suddenly attacked by a horde of Tauros.
    Even worse, a horde of zubats, all with supersonic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    It could go both ways . . . the potential Audino scenario is downright hilarious On the other hand, what if you shook a tree and 5 Pineco fell out and all of them decide to Selfdestruct on you....
    How about a horde of Palpitoads, all with muddy water?

Will we be allowed to shake trees in x/y?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast