New Battle Styles - Page 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: New Battle Styles

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: New Battle Styles

Honestly I do not believe there is any realistic way for GameFreak to portray the aesthetic effects of Doduo and Dodrio flying. Neither evolution are equipped with wings, which would lead to the 'running effect' as the most realistic way for each evolution to fly, as I believe staying still would look even less realistic.

Now that we have entered the realm of 3D in the Pokemon world, I'd imagine (like previous 3D Pokemon games on consoles) that we'll most likely be able to see our Pokemon after they've used the move fly, instead of them disappearing, which means Sky Battle or not, we'll be seeing Doduo and Dodrio fly, and it will not look so ordinary.

I'm glad I have played previous 3D Pokemon titles to have experienced this already. I'm prepared to face Doduo and Dodrio running on air.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I love the running-on-air thing, it amuses me, and I hope we can use them in sky battles just for that.

I'm also interested in seeing how catching in Horde battles will work. Will we have to knock out all the other Pokemon in order to catch one, like in double battles?
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Does anyone think that the sky battles will affect certain moves? With the Pokemon already in the air, it would make sense for fly to take one turn since it's already "flying". And there are also moves like gust and twister that do double damage during the semi-invulnerable turn of fly so it would make sense for such moves to have the same affect in sky battles since the Pokemon are always in the air.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Which came first: the Mew or the Arceus?

In the recent clips from Pokemon Smash, which depicted surfing and fishing. In one it showed a dark spot in the water, which means dive may return. I hope there will be underwater battles. That would be cool. Although, I'm guessing all Pokemon would be able to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post
    Does anyone think that the sky battles will affect certain moves? With the Pokemon already in the air, it would make sense for fly to take one turn since it's already "flying". And there are also moves like gust and twister that do double damage during the semi-invulnerable turn of fly so it would make sense for such moves to have the same affect in sky battles since the Pokemon are always in the air.
    I think the part about gust and twister makes sense but i figure for fly they would just make it so on the first move they go higher than the opponent then attack from above on the second turn.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910