New Battle Styles
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Battle Styles

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Battle Styles

In this photo released at E3, a character mentions in German a "sky fight." I roughly translated (using Google Translator and common sense(I don't speak German, at all)) this to "Have you lost a Sky Fight against me?" (If you can give a better translation please do so).

This suggests a new style of battling, done in the air. Also indicating Sky Routes or something of the sort.

Another E3 image, here, suggests that there may be a new type of battling where you fight off multiple Pokemon at once with one. I would assume these to be wild.

Please give your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Battle Styles

Pokebeach claims she says: “Do you want to have a sky battle with me?”.

The concept sounds pretty cool. I think it would be really interesting. Though, I still find it odd that any Pokemon can fight on Water, but only ones able to fly/float can battle in the sky.

I'm also really curious about the Froakie and multiple Houndour.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO I think they might actually be more like minigames than real battles. Notice the uneven formation in Froakie vs. the Houndour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Also in the Froakie and Houndour screencap, there aren't little grass craters which we know from footage and trailers appear as soon as you encounter or release a pokemon. So I would say this isn't a battle in the usual way, probably a cut screen or mini-game, as Stratelier says. The sky-battle thing might be an actual battle type, especially since the pokebeach leaks before mentioned one specifically, or that NPC might just be talking about normal battling with flying-type pokemon, or it could be some kind of mini-game. I rather think the "Sky Battle" thing won't be a normal type of battling, since not every trainer is going to have a flying pokemon or pokemon with levitate, so encountering trainers demanding that kind of battle would be...well, problematic.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Serebii posted a picture of it. It looks really cool!

skybattle.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Well now it's confirmed. I'm excited. The Houndoor pic is a "Horde" battle, which is 5-on-1 wild battle which can (but doesn't always have to) have multiple species. And Sky battles are Flying types or Levitate Pokemon Only (with some exceptions probably. On a side note, they also revealed some other Pokemon

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The footage of sky battles has been uploaded to Pokemon's YouTube channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The horde battles sound really intriguing and super realistic (We've seen this since the first episode of the show)! This game seems to really be going for making the experience "like the anime" which many people have wanted.

And they're doing a damn good job~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

Speaking of sky battles, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to implement Water-Battles in the near future. For Pokemon like Goldeen and Lanturn, it would be nice to see them swim in water instead of just magically float in mid air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow MikaelDerp On Twitter

imgur: the simple image sharer What I expect to see on occasion.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoard battles seem really interesting. It's like walking through a forest and getting ambushed by large groups of wild Pokémon because you're in their territory and, like Team Gaara said, is quite similar to the anime.

I only wonder if it'll be like wild double battles were you need to knock out the other Pokemon to catch the one you want. With 2 on 2 it's rather easy, but 5 on 1 would be really difficult. Though I guess it adds more of a challenge.

Sky battles also seem cool, but it's unfortunate that it's limited to only certain flying-types.

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine if Sky Trainers are ordinary NPC trainers, they won't challenge you to a battle at all unless you have an eligible Pokemon in your team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

^According to pokebeach, Sky Battles are optional battles.

I think they must skew the damage or pokemon levels for horde battles, otherwise your pokemon wouldn't have much of a chance, with things 5 on 1 O_O

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely the levels. After all, if your Pokemon is double the level of your opponent then you can theoretically take on four at once.

... So I doubt it's something you'll see before the first Gym.

EDIT:

Those cows won't know what hit them.

Post Thanks / Like

There better be more to Sky Battles than "it's regular battles but with extremely limited Pokemon options"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast