Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: New battle structure to make Pokémon stronger

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: New battle structure to make Pokémon stronger

I wonder what this battle mechanic will be as it seems we are getting some changes. I can see it being something related to happiness, I wonder if happiness will work like it's own stat or something like that or have a hand in increasing other stats in battle. We'll see.

As for Free Play, I hope to be able to connect with other players while playing the game, but not just for chatting, perhaps doing something with them in game or even challenging them to battles when you meet their character or something or being able to trade with them. There would be no need to go to the Pokemon Center and it would be awesome.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HIDDEN POWER of masuda

Junichi Masuda mentions it in his blog, among other features. It seems to be something that could take center stage in showcasing X and Y. Something visible.

Here I'm thinking, "is the change/addition/removal of a hidden mechanic necessarily something befitting a feature that gets announced like this?"

Barring the possibility of pulling out EVs/IVs into public attention and pulling some twist to how they work, I think this will probably something completely new that plays a significant role for the wide set of audiences playing the game.
    Last edited by 33Whimsicott33; 21st January 2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Oh?

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I wonder what this battle mechanic will be as it seems we are getting some changes. I can see it being something related to happiness, I wonder if happiness will work like it's own stat or something like that or have a hand in increasing other stats in battle. We'll see.

As for Free Play, I hope to be able to connect with other players while playing the game, but not just for chatting, perhaps doing something with them in game or even challenging them to battles when you meet their character or something or being able to trade with them. There would be no need to go to the Pokemon Center and it would be awesome.
    Free play hopefully uses the rank system of random matchups on a wider scale, and gives us an overall rank system. Meaning, perhaps someone is numbero uno on the rank board, and defeating them would get you from rank 2, to rank 1. Only issue would be hacked Pokemon, but something tells me they're gonna bunker down on that, and likely patch the games to detect such Pokemon.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

If it means anything at all, it may just be a re-introduction of the stat bonuses Gym Badges used to provide, but based on the Pokémon's happiness stat.
    Berrenta likes this.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

A cute factor is added to all pokemon. This makes the games like the anime where evolution is frowned upon and not very effective moves are king.

Nyx

I just hope they don't remove the EVs. I've spent so much time and effort to EV train my pokemon. TT.TT

Blog Entries

So Masuda basically confirms this new "bond" feature in his blog, so no more reason to doubt or assume its just the trailer over-blowing making friends with Pokemon.
    Owain and Berrenta like this.

The idea of pokemon that like you getting bonuses is cool until you realize the opposite. If there were pokemon that get bonuses when they dislike you, then they would essentially be adding an animal abuse mechanic to the game. Oh the shitstorm this would create. Not to mention that it isn't that difficult to get a pokemon to like you.

Anyway, I really hope the new system isn't the logical extreme of double and triple battles. I already don't like triple battles, and now I'm afraid they're gonna add some 6v6 line dance of doom system.

Also, the first part of that statement just sounds like marketing speak. Friendship is basically the point of the series, after all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy Whiplash View Post
    The idea of pokemon that like you getting bonuses is cool until you realize the opposite. If there were pokemon that get bonuses when they dislike you, then they would essentially be adding an animal abuse mechanic to the game. Oh the shitstorm this would create.
    Solution: Don't add dislike bonuses. Or if you do, make them "bad"- maybe the Pokemon's attacking power goes up, but it starts dealing recoil to itself with every attack, for example. And of course you'd have NPCs admonishing you at every step for letting your Pokemon get this bad.
    Owain likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont think a dislike mechanic will ever be added seeing as that defeats one of the points of the game( you and your Pokemon trusting each other and working together) I doubt Game Freak would ever be on board with making you make your Pokemon hate you.
    Owain likes this.

I'm not saying they should add this mechanic; someone suggested this earlier and I think it was flawed. As Aquanova said, this would basically ruin the point of the game.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

I think it means you can interact with your Pokemon Nintendogs style and that will increase it's EVs.
    Treacle likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

You know, I was wondering, but what if this is in relation to EXP distribution, but on a team level? What I mean is, factor in the friendship, and spread the EXP gain based on the levels of friendliness. Maxed out Pokemon will get equal amounts,but not substantial, while the lower levels will get larger amounts. Pokemon who have no friendship would also gain very little, except for the times that they are in the first slot, promoting the usage of new Pokemon more often, and giving you a chance to experiment with Pokemon you usually wouldn't. Basic first slot gain would still be intact btw. What I'm basically thinking is something like the EXP all, but as a permanent feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralcax View Post
    I think it means you can interact with your Pokemon Nintendogs style and that will increase it's EVs.
    I would want that only to experience the cruelty of petting a Ferrothorn.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    No matter what they do, a change in the battle mechanics would be very welcome, especially since Generation V did absolutely nothing on that department, unlike all other Generations.
    Um... hello? Triple and Rotation battles should probably count as an addition to battling. Gen V did its fair share.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Um... hello? Triple and Rotation battles should probably count as an addition to battling. Gen V did its fair share.
    Those are just new types of battles. I'm talking about changes in the battle structure such as the Special stat split to Special Attack and Special Defense in Gen. II, the introduction of abilities in Gen. III and the Physical and Special split in Gen. IV.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast