Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Nerfing Endgame Legendaries

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: Nerfing Endgame Legendaries

I don't really mind the Legendaries being as powerful as they currently are. I never use them anyway.

So no, keep them as they are by all means. I wish they'd stop introducing so many of them from now on though...

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    I think that a great way for Gamefreak to address this problem would be to add an 'unlimited' option to the battle subway, random matchup, or whatever else there is, which would allow all Pokemon to be used. It doesn't tamper with the legendaries, but allows them to actually be used.
    And have Kyogre and Palkia in every single team? No thanks.
    That might happen to start out, but then people'd become used to them, and counters would show up. Even if that didn't happen, I still think that it'd be better to have the option than not. As has been said previously: 'if you don't like it, you don't have to use it'.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Because the entire point of End-Game Legends is to be Overpowered... a lot of games are like this the late-game things are always the most powerful no exception... this whole wanting to nerf end games is silly because they wouldn't be end game if they weren't OP
    But those late-game things end up not getting used because soon you realize that you don't need it all after what you've gone through to it with that one other item you were using most of the time. So really, those endgame legendaries will end up being boxed because of their unnecessary OP status since you've made through the game without its help, which puts them to waste.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

...No.

I really don't care if I use a uber mon in my team or not. And besides, if they were lowered down to 600, then, they are not worthy enough to be 'legendary'.

Endgame legends are somewhat needed. Example: Sword of Kings from EarthBound. It's powerful, and if it was weakened to a normal attack thing, then why waste your time searching for it?

Same for legendaries.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

I don't see why everybody is fussing about the whole thing of this nerfing the legendaries.
    One: They're not invincible without the nerfing
    Two: They can still be considered Legend status when nerfed. The thing that matters is about how you use them and train them.
    Three: Arceus isn't invincible. In the movie he can hold all 16 plates. In the game he can only hold one. Note again not invincible.
    Three simple tenants for you people to remember. If you can. If you want to.
    It really doesn't matter to me. I still think it's a good idea to nerf them down.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Just because someone uses a Legend or Uber it doesn't mean they're noobs. Just get that straight.
    PKMN Trainer Virgo likes this.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    I think that a great way for Gamefreak to address this problem would be to add an 'unlimited' option to the battle subway, random matchup, or whatever else there is, which would allow all Pokemon to be used. It doesn't tamper with the legendaries, but allows them to actually be used.
    And have Kyogre and Palkia in every single team? No thanks.
    That might happen to start out, but then people'd become used to them, and counters would show up. Even if that didn't happen, I still think that it'd be better to have the option than not. As has been said previously: 'if you don't like it, you don't have to use it'.
    Countering many of these mons is very tough indeed. There are very few counters to stuff like Zekrom.

Unfortunately, whether I like using them or not, pretty much every person will. It is human psychology to side with the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I didn't mean that one doesn't have to use legends when others are, that would just cause problems and unbalance. I meant that the 'restricted mode' (identical to todays ban on legends) could still be used by those who don't want to battle with legendaries on either team.

To be honest, I'd probably battle in 'restricted' much more than 'unlimited', but I would have a choice.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

252Atk Draco Plate Mold Breaker Haxorus (+Atk) Outrage vs 0HP/252Def Zekrom (+Def): 114% - 135% (360 - 426 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    Damage Calculator
    There's proof that a Haxorus can OHKO a Zekrom, a legend/Uber. Note: Haxorus isn't an uber but an OU.
    Haxorus has the stats to OHKO a few Legendaries/Uber.
    PKMN Trainer Virgo likes this.

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    252Atk Draco Plate Mold Breaker Haxorus (+Atk) Outrage vs 0HP/252Def Zekrom (+Def): 114% - 135% (360 - 426 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    Damage Calculator
    There's proof that a Haxorus can OHKO a Zekrom, a legend/Uber. Note: Haxorus isn't an uber but an OU.
    That's my Dragon >:) I don't think there's anymore to say that my bro hasn't already pointed out. Weather they are nerfed or not I say bring the challenge.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

What would be the point?

Not everything's about the metagame. In-game, what better way to reward the hours spent battling and training to defeat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four than to give the player a chance to catch the most powerful Pokémon in the game? Why would beating the main game only warrant the reward of a Pokémon no more powerful than something that can be caught with relative ease?

Legendaries are supposed to be more powerful than the others. That's their entire gimmick - well, that and maybe a few exclusive moves. A weak legendary would more or less just be a pretty good Pokémon with a fancy design that can't evolve.

If you want to use them competitively, play Ubers. If you still don't want to play Ubers, I don't know what to tell you. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

追放されたバカ

Correct me if I'm wrong but all this talk of Ubers, and OU etc are all just made up fanwank over on Smogon? The only thing limited in game or actual official tournaments if I am correct is legendaries which is good because it makes no sense for every kid to be walking round with a Palkia when ideally there is only meant to be 1 in existance (2 if you count Sinjoh ruins)

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but all this talk of Ubers, and OU etc are all just made up fanwank over on Smogon? The only thing limited in game or actual official tournaments if I am correct is legendaries which is good because it makes no sense for every kid to be walking round with a Palkia when ideally there is only meant to be 1 in existance (2 if you count Sinjoh ruins)
    It's just fanwank?! Oh good I was starting to personally get mad about Typhlosion being is such a low tier ^_^ obviously much cooler than that.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." Elite Four Karen

Hopefully this doesn't seem off subject, but I would like to reference The Mystery is History, A Parent Trapped, and A Promise is a Promise from the anime. In these episodes there is a baby Lugia, that being the case I pretty sure they can breed. I only imagine that Gamefreak made them genderless in-game to prevent players from breeding a team of them; but surely it this can still be done without breeding. Hence I don't see it as a reason for them not to be used in tournaments; logically as @Ghetsis-Dennis; said its their stats.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    Damage Calculator
    Haxorus' base stats provides the best example of what an endgame legendary would be like if they were nerfed to have the total number of 600 (of course it'll have higher stats than Haxorus', who has around 500).

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I say definitely no

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Why does everything have to be "nerfed"? Is this an acceptance that Gamefreak can't make a balanced metagame, a metagame I don't really think too much about? It's like we're in a real shithole, and the only way to make things better, is to dig a bigger hole?

Hopefully this doesn't seem off subject, but I would like to reference The Mystery is History, A Parent Trapped, and A Promise is a Promise from the anime. In these episodes there is a baby Lugia, that being the case I pretty sure they can breed. I only imagine that Gamefreak made them genderless in-game to prevent players from breeding a team of them; but surely it this can still be done without breeding.
    No, that's just anime. Don't really matter squat in the games canon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast