Nerfing Endgame Legendaries - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Nerfing Endgame Legendaries

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Default Re: Nerfing Endgame Legendaries

I think that a great way for Gamefreak to address this problem would be to add an 'unlimited' option to the battle subway, random matchup, or whatever else there is, which would allow all Pokemon to be used. It doesn't tamper with the legendaries, but allows them to actually be used.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    But I never play ubers, only the standard metagame, which is OU, and I really wish for endgame legendaries to be in OU, and the only way to do that is to nerf them.
    And again I say, that's your problem, nobody else's, least of all Game Freak's.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    But I never play ubers, only the standard metagame, which is OU, and I really wish for endgame legendaries to be in OU, and the only way to do that is to nerf them.
    And again I say, that's your problem, nobody else's, least of all Game Freak's.
    It's not just my problem, it's also all the non-uber players' problem who love endgame legendaries like me.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

They say that people should use the Pokemon they cherish most and it's available in-game, it must be used. But what's the point of it being used if there are restrictions for it from being used in official battle facilities and tournaments? The endgame legendaries have the worst treatment of this scenario because they're always overpowered, and they require you to use another endgame legendary, or a few selected OU Pokemon, to defeat it. It's something Game Freak will need to fix for people who love to use legendaries on their team so they won't be restricted to in-game use only. So far, I only have two solutions on nerfing them:

1. Reducing their base stats to 600 since that's supposedly the total number of stats a Pokemon is allowed to be used in a battle facility (Pokemon w/ base 670 are the exception because they have a nerf ability). However, event Pokemon are discluded because it must be Pokemon you could actually catch in-game rather from an event.

2. Limiting their movepool would also help nerf their OP status so regular Pokemon who also have shallow movepool could stand a chance. They've done it with the Tao trio, but apparently it wasn't enough to make them non-uber material because of their base stats (except Kyurem).

I really wanted to use a non-uber endgame legendary on my team, but my rules prevent me from using them.
    I don't agree with pretty much 99% of the words you said. Two things,

1) If you don't want to play in Ubers, then don't. If you do, then do.

2) I think GF shouldn't do anything to the Legendaries, rather allow only one Legendary into these tornaments and fasilities. That would fix it I think. Do you see a problem with my solution?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post

2) I think GF shouldn't do anything to the Legendaries, rather allow only one Legendary into these tornaments and fasilities. That would fix it I think. Do you see a problem with my solution?
    Only on your second solution, because you could still wipe out a team with just a single endgame legendary since they're too bulky to get OHKO'd nor 2HKO'd, up until you face your opponent's legendary, even if it's restricted to just one endgame legendary.

I'd say completely ban them from competitive battling and leave them just for in-game and Pokédex completion.
    GatoRage likes this.

Blog Entries

Only on your second solution, because you could still wipe out a team with just a single endgame legendary since they're too bulky to get OHKO'd nor 2HKO'd, up until you face your opponent's legendary, even if it's restricted to just one endgame legendary.
    Mabey, but mabey not. It's not a 100% defeat if a normal Pokemon faces a Legend. My Empoleon beat a Arceus (Dragon) one time. Also, my Mightyena defeated Rikou, and alot of my Pokemon defeated Darkrai. Even though it's Legendary, it is definitly still defeatable by per say, "mortals".
    Dream-boy likes this.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    I'd say completely ban them from competitive battling and leave them just for in-game and Pokédex completion.
    Um, that's actually something we're trying to avoid all together.

Mabey, but mabey not. It's not a 100% defeat if a normal Pokemon faces a Legend. My Empoleon beat a Arceus (Dragon) one time. Also, my Mightyena defeated Rikou, and alot of my Pokemon defeated Darkrai. Even though it's Legendary, it is definitly still defeatable by per say, "mortals".
    Using Raikou and Darkrai as examples aren't the best idea because they both fall into fair game by not having base stats of over 600 nor are they endgame legendaries, which is the most main focus of this thread, like Lugia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Um, that's actually something we're trying to avoid all together.

Using Raikou and Darkrai as examples aren't the best idea because they both fall into fair game by not having base stats of over 600 nor are they endgame legendaries, which is the most main focus of this thread, like Lugia.
    Okay. How about if I told you my Luxray defeated a Lugia, which was the same Level as me (Lv. 100)? Legends arn't as extreme and powerful as you think.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Okay. How about if I told you my Luxray defeated a Lugia, which was the same Level as me (Lv. 100)? Legends arn't as extreme and powerful as you think.
    It's not possible because Lugia is a wall with its high defenses and HP, which makes him harder to get OHKO'd by a SE STAB move from Luxray. It's only possible if they toned down its HP, like they did when arranging Bastiodon and Probopass' stats.

Blog Entries

It's not possible because Lugia is a wall with its high defenses and HP, which makes him harder to get OHKO'd by a SE STAB move from Luxray. It's only possible if they toned down its HP, like they did when arranging Bastiodon and Probopass' stats.
    Well, it did happen. I'm not lieing.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Nerfing endgame legends defeats the purpose of them being there. They are Legendaries, they are supposed to be stronger than regular Pokemon, that's the point. If they nerfed them, then they may as well not make legendaries in the first place. They are supposed to be strong, like Dialga and Palkia having dominion over space and time, I wouldn't think a weak Pokemon could be capable of that. Game Freak shouldn't mess with that, as others have said.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    I think that a great way for Gamefreak to address this problem would be to add an 'unlimited' option to the battle subway, random matchup, or whatever else there is, which would allow all Pokemon to be used. It doesn't tamper with the legendaries, but allows them to actually be used.
    And have Kyogre and Palkia in every single team? No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    Nerfing endgame legends defeats the purpose of them being there. They are Legendaries, they are supposed to be stronger than regular Pokemon, that's the point. If they nerfed them, then they may as well not make legendaries in the first place. They are supposed to be strong, like Dialga and Palkia having dominion over space and time, I wouldn't think a weak Pokemon could be capable of that. Game Freak shouldn't mess with that, as others have said.
    The non-endgame legendaries were thought to be stronger than regular Pokemon, but Smogon tiers proved that they aren't. And if legendaries could be fight fair and square with regulars, then why can't endgame legendaries?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    The non-endgame legendaries were thought to be stronger than regular Pokemon, but Smogon tiers proved that they aren't. And if legendaries could be fight fair and square with regulars, then why can't endgame legendaries?
    Because the entire point of End-Game Legends is to be Overpowered... a lot of games are like this the late-game things are always the most powerful no exception... this whole wanting to nerf end games is silly because they wouldn't be end game if they weren't OP
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast