Natures, the Bane of My Life - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Natures, the Bane of My Life

Formerly Wachamp Neon_Seadra No. 10's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Natures, the Bane of My Life

Once I found out that they affected stats I've been obsessive about getting good natures, no matter how long it takes.
    My Seadra's brighter than your Seadra.

The Blog

Thanks to IslandWalker for the Avatar!

I only want my Pokémon's natures to be decent at worst. I'm OK with my docile Weavile, but I wouldn't want a modest Weavile.
    In Black and White, Rock Smash is no longer an HM. Good riddance.

Natures are personalities.

I don't care what my Pokemon personalities are.

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Natures don't matter for me. I train my mon's around their stats, not forcing them to be a certain way. I like my Pokemon the way they are. My Serious Poochyena and Bold Typhlosion might take offense to you trying to change their personalities. I love my Pokemon like they're my animals, and I don't care if you guys think that's messed up.

I'm not fussed about natures while I play the story, but when the story is done, I'm a nature freak, breeding for days sometimes just to find that perfect nature, often I chainbreed for moves as well (for example breed Medicham with Ice Punch with Buneary, breed Buneary with Ice Punch with Sneasel, then spend hours breeding to get an adamant/jolly Sneasel with Ice Punch)

I'm not an OCD person but when the story is done...
    Team X-Gen (Black 2)

Karen of the Johto Elite Four
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites

I think that I am a passive Nature Freak. Like when I was catching my Munna in the Dreamyard, I knew that I really would either have to have a Timid, Mild, or Modest Munna. Luckily I got a Timid one on the first try so I was happy.

However, some Pokemon absolutely need the right Nature to perform well in-game as well as competitive battling. Like the absolute bane of my existance would be a Modest Axew. It. Just. Can't. Happen! ;P
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Competitively, I need the best natures but in-game, as long as I don't get something like -spd Sceptile or -spA Kyogre, I'll be fine.

There are 5 neutral natures. On a sweeper, I couldn't care less if it got +def and -spD or the other way round. So thats 2 more natures I'm fine with. If a physical sweeper gets a +SpA and -def or Spd, or the other way round, again thats fine. so thats 4 more OK natures.

Just by that, the number of not very useful natures you can be perfectly fine with ingame is almost a dozen. This way, you can be perfectly ok even with really bad natures.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Natures aren't really that difficult to understand or apply to the right pokemon imo, so they've never been much of a bother for me. Post game, stuff like Ditto and Everstones help in that regard, and during an in-game quest, I'm content to just catch whatever and stick with it.

It's bullshit like IVs that really grind my gears. Way too much effort has to be invested into that :/

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I personally don't like basing which Pokemon I'll use on it's nature too much - it devalues the Pokemon and kills my bond with my team when I'm catching five or six of each species so I can get a good nature and ability. I'll only try it when it's a very specific difference and I'll generally only ever catch three or four all at once to prevent attachment and then release all but the one with the best nature/ability.

That said, I don't battle competitively as the insane extents of IV/EV training some people go to just put me off entirely. Being so rigid about how I raise my Pokemon and breeding dozens of them just to get the best one really ruins the game for me and to me, that's not what "being a good trainer" (so to speak) is about.
    Last edited by Kaori; 23rd March 2011 at 08:28 AM.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc.~

During the main storyline I usually go with what I catch, regardless of natures, though with Legendaries I'm really obsesive about getting the right nature and/or decent IVs. I've only got one shot at these Pokemon, I want to get a good one... >___>
    After the main storyline I'll start breeding my favorite Pokemon for Natures, and I EV train them...
    Friend Codes
    SoulSilver: Somnus: 2193 4629 3419
    White: Neo: 5372 0053 5863

Blog Entries

I used to not think of natures that much, but now if I decided to get a Pokemon in the next games I play, I decided to see how I can make use of the nature I got. Say I have a Modest Snivy or Oshawott, then I decided to exclusively avoid battles that raises Attack EVs because that's not their strongest suit.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus article: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (Selected TCG Art) (01/12/2014)

I'm not particularly fussed about getting a team with the right natures throughout the story - it just doesn't make much difference... my Tepig had a horrible nature; however, the way I saw it, if I ever wanted its final form on my team, I could breed for one with a good nature.

The main exception is legendaries, because if you don't get one with the right nature, then it's difficult to obtain it again. I may never use them, but they can come in handy (I just happened to get a modest Latios that has been brilliant for the Battle Tower). Saying that, I soft reset for a good nature for the first time ever when trying to catch Kyurem in White - it was so tedious, and that was when I was using a master ball! I'm not sure I'll be doing it again...!

As for IVs, I don't pay them much regard, except I know my Ditto has 31 IVs in speed, so I have it hold the power item that passes that down... might as well! In general, I hate just wasting so much time relying on chance, I just don't have the patience...

When it comes to natures, if I am capable of catching a million in a row, I'll grind it up to get the nature I want (Or one of those non boosting ones).

I think for Pokemon White, I may not Nature Grind up a Drilbur like that. OH MAN, that would be impossible with out eggs!!!!
    I'll have to MAKE THEM!!!!
    ---
    MJ Robotics --- http://www.mjrobotics.net

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im becoming a natures freak. This is because im tyring to make a Hail/Ice team and want everything to be right. Well My Glaceon is a bad nature. Im pissed about that but, since Glaceon is shiny i still want to make him work on some level, as i cant just breed another glaceon and have it be shiny without RNG abuse, which i cant do.Besides I love that Glaceon. Now, i have to be a perfectionist and make sure the rest of my team is perfect.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Natures I care about alot so ill soft reset/breed till I get the one I want on a pokemon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast