The name of your PC - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The name of your PC

Default Re: The name of your PC

I used to use my real name, but I've started changing it up when I got better at playing the games.

FireRed- Leon
    SoulSilver- Kairi
    Sapphire- George
    Diamond- I used my real name in this too. I haven't figured out what I'd name them when I replay it.
    White- Nathan
    Black 2- Serena (Since I always thought the female trainer in this game kinda looked like a hybrid of Sailor Moon and Princess Leia)

I find myself to name the characters with their official English names... Lyra in HeartGold, Rosa in White 2. But I suppose I didn't really do the same with Hilda in White; I gave her one of her "beta" names, Whitlea.

Blog Entries

I use a shortened form of my internet handle--Silvy. It makes sense as I've had the name Silverwynde since 1997 and I actually do answer to it. But since there aren't enough spaces for it, I just go with Silvy.

(Before you ask: Yes, I will answer to Silvy, too. Yell that name and you'll get my attention immediately.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

I usually choose the female PC and name her Andrea, which is my name. Although I suppose Andrea could also work for a male PC (Andrea is a masculine name in Italy at least).

With the sole exception of Crystal version, I always play as the boy character, since it's been a tradition for me to play as a cross-player since 2003. Anyways...

In Yellow version, I called the hero Red. Real original, I know, but GSC prevented me from naming him anything else. :/ I played Crystal before Yellow.

In Crystal, I called the heroine Kris. Another oh-so original name. 8D; I was like 11 at the time and didn't put my noodle to work.

In Emerald, I called the hero Link, because green was the theme color of the game, and I was really into The Legend of Zelda at the time.

In FireRed and Platinum, I called the hero Leaf. I pretended that it was the same hero in both games, and it was this game that started my "tradition" of calling the boy characters by the second version. Since I played FireRed, I named the hero Leaf.

In HeartGold, I named the hero Chris, just to be a male counterpart to the more feminine Kris.

In White, I named the hero White, because around that time I was REALLLLYYY getting annoyed at the silly notion that the boy HAS to be first version, and the girl HAS to be second version. It's one thing that sparks my intense dislike for Pokemon Special. Thus, I named the boy White just to defy that stereotype.

In White2, I named the hero Gavin, because a) I love that name, and 2) a few baby name sites tell me this name means "White Hawk", which is badass. It also adds to my defying supposed "stereotypes", at least how I see it in my silly head.

Finally, for Y version (getting ahead of myself much?), I'll be calling the hero Yuuto, which combines the characters 優 (yuu, "gentleness"), and 翔 (to, "to soar/fly"). He'll be a gentle soul, and the mascot of Y flies, so it makes sense to me. 8U

Those are for the games I play. I'll make a quick list for what my sister and I called the OCs I don't play:

The FRLG heroine, we call Fire, since my sister played LeafGreen and we were opposites this game.
    May and Brendan kept their names, it felt right.
    The DPPt hero we called Zinc, to match a mineral theme with Gold.
    The DPPt heroine we called Pearl, my sister felt it suited her. >3>
    The HGSS heroine we called Hilly, 'cause she looked more like farm-girl material than a trainer.
    The BW heroine we called El Noir, a stylized form of Eleanor, and also acts as a counterpart to White-kun.
    The B2W2 heroine we called Amber, after a friend of my sisters who had to move away before the games were released.
    Finally, (phew!), the XY heroine, my sister will call Xiu, which is Chinese for "beautiful/elegant", and from what little we've seen of her in trailers, she certainly looks like she's more into fashion than Pokemon training!

Whoo! Long list! But it was fun. 8D
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Crystal - Joel (my name)
    Ruby - May (PC's name)
    Emerald - Ruby (Special character's name)
    FireRed - Red (PC's name)
    Diamond - Hikari (PC's Japanese name)
    Platinum - Lucas (PC's name)
    HeartGold - Jimmy (anime character's name)
    Black - Joel (my name)
    Black 2 - Jack (random name)

The names of my primary runthroughs are mostly the PC's name or some kind of inspired variation, although as far as I can recall I've used a random name everytime I've done another runthrough of a game.
    Last edited by jda95; 23rd January 2013 at 05:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

From Red version to about Gold, I would name myself Ash because atm I really liked Ash and it seemed a good name for him. Especially in Yellow since it has elements from the anime in it. But most of the time now I just use my name or think of a name that I like.
    Red- Ash
    Yellow- Ash
    Gold- Ash/Aaron (my real name) - And one time I named him Hiro which was one of the options for the PC.
    Sapphire- Aaron (again that's my real name)
    FireRed- Satoshi - since they're remixes I thought with going with Ash again atm I was obsessed with Japanese things so I gave my PC Ash's Japanese name.
    Emerald - Aaron
    Diamond - Dawn - I always play as the girl in Diamond cause I like her design better. So I just went with her official name.In My original playthrough, I went with here official Japanese name, Hikari.
    Platinum - Just got a used copy of Platinum and still playing the person's game just to transfer her Pokemon to my games. But I have never owned the game until now so I've never officially played thorough it.Though the last player's name was Jess. But when I do finally restart it, I will most likely go with Aaron again or maybe Kouzan, my username here and a few other forums.
    Heartgold- Air-In - This is a nickname I started using for myself. A few of friends caught on to using it and so for the heck of it, I named myself in HG it. (and now somewhat regretting it , but I don;t want to restart my game)
    White- Riamu - This came from the name of a story I wanted to write. It's been a work in progress for years, but I never get around to writing it.
    Black 2- Aaron
    White 2- Erin- I picked the girl in White 2 cause I wanted to go with the opposite gender in the game that's not my main one. This is the first time I've gotten both so I thought I set the standard with this one. I went with the name Erin because it's the female version of my actual name.

For X/Y I think I'll just go with Aaron again unless we can actually customize it. Then I'll make it look as close as possible like my OC ,Kouzan, and name him after that. It's also my user here and several other forums.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

In silver, my the first Pokémon game I ever played, I named the PC with male equivalent of my real name. In my first Pokémon cartridge game (LeafGreen) I played as female for the first and so far last time, and I named her after my real name. In later games I've just used male player character (because I don't like female ones and all) and named them everytime differently.

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Don't remember what my name was in the gameboy games, because they were Japanese :P

Ruby:Kimmy, but this one's not my main game, although I had it longer than my sapphire.
    Sapphire: MISTY
    Emerald: Misty
    Firered: Don't remember, because I started over (which i deeply regret), but I'm sure it was Misty.
    Pearl: Misty
    Platinum: Kimmy, decided to change it up a bit and go retro
    White: Luria, decided to go with my actual name.
    I play as a girl, cause I'm a girl
    Last edited by Mamasoftshellturtle; 23rd January 2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: forgot to add info
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Red: Ash
    Gold: Gold
    Crystal: Crystal (F)
    Ruby: Ruby (F)
    Emerald: Ruby (M)
    Pearl: Elly (F) - from one of my fanfics
    Platinum: Tayuya (F) - from Naruto
    SS: Tayuya (F) - from Naruto
    Black: Tayuya (F), Daiki (M) - from Naruto and Kuroko no Basket
    Black2: Hanamiya (F). Not in English, but it's pronounced that way. - from Kuroko no Basket

Original Blue: Satoshi
    Original Silver: I don't remember

Pearl: Bucket...my Internet nickname at the time. My rival was named Pail.
    LeafGreen: probably Bucket as well
    HeartGold: Yumi (after Yumi Fukuzawa from Maria Watches Over Us)
    White: Pamela (she looked like a Pamela to me.)
    Black 2: Kiki (after Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service, the rival is named Tombo.)
    Pokemon X: 3995 7550 2622
    Be brave...Be the bravest ever!

Blog Entries

MEW.

I've used this name since Gen I, so that's why it's all in caps. I use it in all the Zelda games, too. It's kinda weird, because I don't remember how I found out about Mew back then, since I didn't have access to the internet.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I use my real name... well, kinda. I used to use my second name because my first name didn't fitted, but now I use an abbreviation of my first name.

I generally just use my name, unless I play as the female PC, then I use the name Rose. Not sure why, just used in a replay of FR once and it's stuck since.
    Last edited by Sir Turtlelot; 24th January 2013 at 09:43 AM.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

This thread title is misleading. I thought it was for those of us who name the storage system.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast