Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1951
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Default Re: The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Anyone?
    BTW was this thread unstickied?
    It's hacked. The only way ranger Manaphy can be shiny is if the egg is traded to another game and it hatches shiny on the second game. By default ranger manaphy is set to non-shiny.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

No, I haven't used the Shaymin in battle yet.
    Official claimer of Swirlix, Sweet Veil, and Draining Kiss.
    3DS FC: 1564-2044-7042

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Lennongrad*~ View Post
    No, I haven't used the Shaymin in battle yet.
    Those two both appear to be OK. Can you find their exact IVs? That would help.

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have an Arceus that I believe is hacked. It says it was caught in the Hall of Origin but its name is in English. Now, I could be wrong, but I know the Azure Flute was never released, and I'm pretty sure the glitch allowing you to access the Hall of Origin was removed from the English games. And I know that Pokémon names have a five-character limit in Japanese games, so there's no way it could be caught in the Hall or Origin and still be called ARCEUS (6 characters), right? (Well, unless both trainers had the same ID/SID and the second person nicknamed it, but what are the odds of that?) I'm almost positive it's hacked but I just thought I'd check (it worked for the Sinjoh Ruins event so I'm not too upset if it is, it just means someone wasn't being completely honest )
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ♥告げ口心臓♥ View Post
    I have an Arceus that I believe is hacked. It says it was caught in the Hall of Origin but its name is in English. Now, I could be wrong, but I know the Azure Flute was never released, and I'm pretty sure the glitch allowing you to access the Hall of Origin was removed from the English games. And I know that Pokémon names have a five-character limit in Japanese games, so there's no way it could be caught in the Hall or Origin and still be called ARCEUS (6 characters), right? (Well, unless both trainers had the same ID/SID and the second person nicknamed it, but what are the odds of that?) I'm almost positive it's hacked but I just thought I'd check (it worked for the Sinjoh Ruins event so I'm not too upset if it is, it just means someone wasn't being completely honest )
    you are correct the Azure flute wasn't released. I would say hacked. They probably hacked for the Azure flute. Then caught arceus at the hall of origin.
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Pokemon Species: Magnezone (shiny)
    Current level: 31
    Nickname: (no nickname)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Date met: Jul. 11, 2009
    Ribbons: None
    Ball: Poké Ball
    Area encountered: Fuego Ironworks
    Level encountered: 28
    OT: Pearl (61502)
    Moves: SonicBoom, Thunder Wave, Spark, Magnet Bomb
    Stats: 85, 48, 83, 105, 68, 48 (Ingame order)
    IVs: 4, 20, 23, 31, 24, 21
    EVs: 0, 0, 0, 20, 0, 0

I'm almost convinced that this one is at least semi-legit.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turtwig Lover View Post
    Pokemon Species: Magnezone (shiny)
    Current level: 31
    Nickname: (no nickname)
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Date met: Jul. 11, 2009
    Ribbons: None
    Ball: Poké Ball
    Area encountered: Fuego Ironworks
    Level encountered: 28
    OT: Pearl (61502)
    Moves: SonicBoom, Thunder Wave, Spark, Magnet Bomb
    Stats: 85, 48, 83, 105, 68, 48 (Ingame order)
    IVs: 4, 20, 23, 31, 24, 21
    EVs: 0, 0, 0, 20, 0, 0

I'm almost convinced that this one is at least semi-legit.
    It seems legit to me.

Avatar by Banebuu. Licky by Larxion. Banner by Sayi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslash-Trainer View Post
    It seems legit to me.
    It looks mostly OK, except those IVs are not legal for Method 1 (e.g. the method all Wild Pokemon use to have their IVs generated in DPPt). I'm not too knowledgeable on IVs of chained shinies. I believe their IVs are generated the same as normal Pokemon (Method 1), but there is some other process involved in determining their shinyness.

There is a possibility that if the Magnemite was chained with a Modest Synchronizer, the IVs could be legal, but I don't think that's too likely. I think the best thing you could do is check it in legal.exe to see if the sync is valid or not, and maybe it will offer some other insights as well.
    Last edited by Troggy; 11th September 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    It looks mostly OK, except those IVs are not legal for Method 1 (e.g. the method all Wild Pokemon use to have their IVs generated in DPPt). I'm not too knowledgeable on IVs of chained shinies. I believe their IVs are generated the same as normal Pokemon (Method 1), but there is some other process involved in determining their shinyness.

There is a possibility that if the Magnemite was chained with a Modest Synchronizer, the IVs could be legal, but I don't think that's too likely. I think the best thing you could do is check it in legal.exe to see if the sync is valid or not, and maybe it will offer some other insights as well.
    Pokemon Legality Checker - by: Sabresite - vB54-24
    Checksum: 0x441E - Valid
    Pokemon ID: 2932826290 - Modest, Genderless, Ability 1, Shiny
    Date: July 11, 2009
    IVs: 4,20,23,21,31,24
    Trainer ID: 61502
    Secret ID: 15936
    Trainer Gender: Female
    Hidden Power: Ghost - 42
    Fateful Encounter: No
    Gender Check: Valid
    Effort Values: Valid
    Nicknamed: No
    Home Town: Sinnoh [Pearl]
    Country Originated: UK/US/AU
    Chained Sync: Valid
    Type: Chain Shiny

Apparently, I'm fine.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Oh, cool :]

Blog Entries

Oh, cool :]
    By the way, should I be alarmed if I get "Hacked or Unknown Pokémon" for a very recent event?
    What about "Unknown GBA"?
    If it says "Hacked", it's guranteed to be hacked?
    Links

By the way, should I be alarmed if I get "Hacked or Unknown Pokémon" for a very recent event?
    What about "Unknown GBA"?
    If it says "Hacked", it's guranteed to be hacked?
    I wouldn't put recent events in legal as it has not been programmed for them yet. Most of the events legal accepts are in the readme file. Stuff like World10 Crobat, Wifi Manaphy, Movie Celebi etc are not likely to work.

For Unknown GBA, refer to the readme. Some legit things will always be Unknown GBA such as XD and Colosseum pokes.

In general, if it says hacked anywhere, it's definitely hacked. Also, if you get anything 'invalid' that means a hack as well. Treat legal as a guide, though. You have to add your own common sense on top of the results a lot of the time. You can again refer to the readme for examples.

If you have any questions post the legal.exe results and what the Pokemon is and I will take a look at it / refer other people who are knowledgeable to look at it.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't put recent events in legal as it has not been programmed for them yet. Most of the events legal accepts are in the readme file. Stuff like World10 Crobat, Wifi Manaphy, Movie Celebi etc are not likely to work.

For Unknown GBA, refer to the readme. Some legit things will always be Unknown GBA such as XD and Colosseum pokes.

In general, if it says hacked anywhere, it's definitely hacked. Also, if you get anything 'invalid' that means a hack as well. Treat legal as a guide, though. You have to add your own common sense on top of the results a lot of the time. You can again refer to the readme for examples.

If you have any questions post the legal.exe results and what the Pokemon is and I will take a look at it / refer other people who are knowledgeable to look at it.
    Ingame trades: Why is Steven's SID 00000? That's my Metagross (was Beldum) Legal.exe is labelling it as "Hacked or unknown", and I did the trade myself without any codes on.
    Links

Blog Entries

Ingame trades: Why is Steven's SID 00000? That's my Metagross (was Beldum) Legal.exe is labelling it as "Hacked or unknown", and I did the trade myself without any codes on.
    Hack checking programs are unreliable and I suggest you not use them. Hackers these days can quite easily fix up a few trash bytes to make something look legit while something like that Beldum comes up hacked. My guess is that Steven's SID is supposed to be like that, but an internet search to confirm this came up with nothing...

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by I am not a he View Post
    Hack checking programs are unreliable and I suggest you not use them. Hackers these days can quite easily fix up a few trash bytes to make something look legit while something like that Beldum comes up hacked.
    I won't argue that you don't make a good point. I am probably equally pessimistic about the Pokemon out there.

However, legal.exe is not for finding whether your Pokemon is 'legit' or not. If you got it in a trade from someone you don't know, you'll probably never be able to find out if it is truly legitimate.

I find legal to be nice to take care of noob hacks. There are a LOT of those here on Bulbagarden.

In general you should take the results of a hack checking program with a grain of salt, and apply common sense when you can.

Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast