Mrs. Mime? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Should there be a Mrs.Mime?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im for a Mrs.Mime!

5 17.86%
  • Im agaist a Mrs.Mime

11 39.29%
  • Who cares its Mr.Mime.

12 42.86%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Mime?

Default Re: Mrs. Mime?

I have nothing against long posts - I make plenty of them myself, for the same reasons (and I'm about to make one again). That wasn't what bugged me. What bugged me was the complete failure to understand (which you just repeated) that most people don't share your views on which Pokémon seem more like females or more like males. Most of us, frankly, don't give a damn.

And GF's implementation of gender-specific evolution wth the dawn Stones is hardly contradictory. In Froslass's case, it's because that Pokémon is explicitly based on legends of ghosts of women. in Gallade's case, it's because it seems to be based on a chivalrous knight. A little sexist? Maybe. But I really don't see how that contradicts Gardevoir being able to be male and female.

Also: one ever complains about Glalie being able to be both genders, so that means that the complaints are solely about Gardevoir's appearance, which feels a little sketchy to me. I think we all know what certain parts of the internet have done to Gardevoir, and the whining that it should be female-only feels to me like it's a much less extreme version of that same line of thinking. I honestly can't come up with any line of thinking that would lead to someone complaining about male Gardevoir other than "guys in dresses make me uncomfortable, and Gardevoir looks like it has a dress". If Gardevoir had a different shape, no one would be complaining about it, so the problem lies not with Game Freak, but with the complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCool708 View Post
    I agree with you completely. There are a lot of male dancers (most of which are gay) and homosexuality clearly isnt feared in Pokemon.(Eusine, Morty. I.E their clothes, used to be good friends, no more talk, Eusine practically giving the player an award for being sexy to Suicune So, maybe male Gardevoir are gay. (DO NOT QUOTE ME OR YELL AT ME FOR STATING THIS> AND I AM NOT GAY I AM EXTREMELY ON THE HETERO SIDE. ALSO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GAY PEOPLE!!!) If u want quote me on the stuff i said in the beginning.
    1. There are more gay men in dancing than in the general population, but it's not most.
    2. All male Pokémon will breed with female Pokémon in their egg group(s), so it's safe to say that no Pokémon are gay.
    3. As a gay guy, the capslock parentheses part made me both laugh hysterically and facepalm mightily.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What is up with people like you and long posts, I already got complained about this by V-Faction (on some other tl;dr or (apparently) ignore posts in I believe the anime subforum), I don't like half assing my posts.
    Hey bro, I didn't feel making a big discussion out of that instance. Sometimes I feel like typing an essay; other times I'd rather not waste my time.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DorianBlack View Post
    I have nothing against long posts - I make plenty of them myself, for the same reasons (and I'm about to make one again). That wasn't what bugged me. What bugged me was the complete failure to understand (which you just repeated) that most people don't share your views on which Pokémon seem more like females or more like males. Most of us, frankly, don't give a damn.
    When did this become some ego trip for me? I just stated what I felt on the manner, and everyone's acting like I'm shoving my opinion down their throats, can I explain myself without looking liking I'm shoving my opinion down people's throats. Or at the very least it looks like one is picking and choosing parts of my posts without putting it together making me look like an ass or something.

NOT MY POINT/ARGUMENT AT ALL.

And GF's implementation of gender-specific evolution wth the dawn Stones is hardly contradictory.
    It's not them specifically, I'm not seeing a point in them, okay Froslass will be the exception, since I have no qualms without that group, but at the same time, it's unusual they would randomly create a female only species from the Snorunt line. I suppose perhaps Froslass didn't make 3rd gen okay fine, but with Gallade as well it seems weird as if they created for the same purpose as Gallade. which might not be true. It's unfortunate Froslass had to be involved or the Snorunt line in this discussion because I don't remember bringing it up (the first time anyway, I just added Froslass in because someone else brought into the conversation.

In Froslass's case, it's because that Pokémon is explicitly based on legends of ghosts of women.
    Okay which is fine, again I don't even know how Froslass even got into this conversation, maybe it is my fault, because I grouped it along Gallade but maybe that was only because it had a similar grouping as Gallade, being a gender specific stone evolution. If so then I apologize, again I have no qualms at all with the Snorunt line. And I actually think I did, so yeah with Froslass I don't what I was going for there.

In Gallade's case, it's because it seems to be based on a chivalrous knight. A little sexist? Maybe.
    But it didn't seem necesary really, I don't think I would have much of a problem with Gardevoir if they didn't conveniently create Gallade as if to say "Oh darn we realized we made Gardevoir too feminine, we should give Kirlia a male verison evolution" I just don't see how it was necessary to make it a male only species if it didn't need to be. Because if I remember correctly people were discussing Gardevoir's weird gender distribution long before Gallade was known. And then 4th gen comes around, and it's male, what else am I supposed to think?

But I really don't see how that contradicts Gardevoir being able to be male and female.
    Perhaps I argued wrong, my point is with gender differences being implemented, they didn't really give too much thought to Gardevoir or those other weird gender confused Pokemon or at least one can be confused for a specific gender. Just like Misdreavus, again no one is countering my argument on that one, because they're ignoring it, but the point is Misdreavus looks like a ghost girl (long flowing hair), and even Bulbapedia said it could be based on a girl's floating head (whatever that Izunimi or whatever legend is) but Misdreavus has a 50/50 male or female gender. Yet there really isn't a gender difference at all.

I honestly can't come up with any line of thinking that would lead to someone complaining about male Gardevoir other than "guys in dresses make me uncomfortable, and Gardevoir looks like it has a dress". If Gardevoir had a different shape, no one would be complaining about it, so the problem lies not with Game Freak, but with the complainers.
    That's not at all, and I don't why you would put words in my mouth (or half accuse me of one of those people), I have no problem with guys wearing dresses, but in typical fashion, men usually don't dresses. And if Gardevoir is based on a ballroom dancer like Bulbagarden supposes it is, then it's unusual to have a male Gardevoir with no such difference between it's female version. Something resembling "disco pants" I'm not sure it's the technical name for it but those type of pants with large holes at the bottom of the pants (where your feet stick out) would probably be a good gender difference. In fact I'd like to see someone draw that up, since I can't draw worth a crap, I can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Hey bro, I didn't feel making a big discussion out of that instance.
    And therein lies my issue on this particular manner, why must people point this out. Okay you don't want type a long post or read a long post, but why would you need to tell people something along the lines that "Hey I don't like reading long posts on this topic, why write such a long unnecessary post, why must you quote each sentence of a post and discuss it, even in the likelihood the different sentences are a different subject"

It really makes me uncomfortable when people do that, sometimes I don't like writing long posts (primarily because of the automatic log out thing going on for Forums using VBulletin (seriously it needs to upped to a half hour or something). But all at the same time, I never feel like I can explain myself properly at all with a few sentences. But apparently I can't explain myself with longer posts, so I'm damned either way.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    When did this become some ego trip for me? I just stated what I felt on the manner, and everyone's acting like I'm shoving my opinion down their throats, can I explain myself without looking liking I'm shoving my opinion down people's throats. Or at the very least it looks like one is picking and choosing parts of my posts without putting it together making me look like an ass or something.

NOT MY POINT/ARGUMENT AT ALL.

It's not them specifically, I'm not seeing a point in them, okay Froslass will be the exception, since I have no qualms without that group, but at the same time, it's unusual they would randomly create a female only species from the Snorunt line. I suppose perhaps Froslass didn't make 3rd gen okay fine, but with Gallade as well it seems weird as if they created for the same purpose as Gallade. which might not be true. It's unfortunate Froslass had to be involved or the Snorunt line in this discussion because I don't remember bringing it up (the first time anyway, I just added Froslass in because someone else brought into the conversation.

Okay which is fine, again I don't even know how Froslass even got into this conversation, maybe it is my fault, because I grouped it along Gallade but maybe that was only because it had a similar grouping as Gallade, being a gender specific stone evolution. If so then I apologize, again I have no qualms at all with the Snorunt line. And I actually think I did, so yeah with Froslass I don't what I was going for there.

But it didn't seem necesary really, I don't think I would have much of a problem with Gardevoir if they didn't conveniently create Gallade as if to say "Oh darn we realized we made Gardevoir too feminine, we should give Kirlia a male verison evolution" I just don't see how it was necessary to make it a male only species if it didn't need to be. Because if I remember correctly people were discussing Gardevoir's weird gender distribution long before Gallade was known. And then 4th gen comes around, and it's male, what else am I supposed to think?

Perhaps I argued wrong, my point is with gender differences being implemented, they didn't really give too much thought to Gardevoir or those other weird gender confused Pokemon or at least one can be confused for a specific gender. Just like Misdreavus, again no one is countering my argument on that one, because they're ignoring it, but the point is Misdreavus looks like a ghost girl (long flowing hair), and even Bulbapedia said it could be based on a girl's floating head (whatever that Izunimi or whatever legend is) but Misdreavus has a 50/50 male or female gender. Yet there really isn't a gender difference at all.

That's not at all, and I don't why you would put words in my mouth (or half accuse me of one of those people), I have no problem with guys wearing dresses, but in typical fashion, men usually don't dresses. And if Gardevoir is based on a ballroom dancer like Bulbagarden supposes it is, then it's unusual to have a male Gardevoir with no such difference between it's female version. Something resembling "disco pants" I'm not sure it's the technical name for it but those type of pants with large holes at the bottom of the pants (where your feet stick out) would probably be a good gender difference. In fact I'd like to see someone draw that up, since I can't draw worth a crap, I can't do it.

And therein lies my issue on this particular manner, why must people point this out. Okay you don't want type a long post or read a long post, but why would you need to tell people something along the lines that "Hey I don't like reading long posts on this topic, why write such a long unnecessary post, why must you quote each sentence of a post and discuss it, even in the likelihood the different sentences are a different subject"

It really makes me uncomfortable when people do that, sometimes I don't like writing long posts (primarily because of the automatic log out thing going on for Forums using VBulletin (seriously it needs to upped to a half hour or something). But all at the same time, I never feel like I can explain myself properly at all with a few sentences. But apparently I can't explain myself with longer posts, so I'm damned either way.
    That post was incredibly long. Just sayiin'. Not about the argument, just saying. Man, I would NEVER be able to think of all that.

I just love how we're arguing about Gardevoir and Gallade in a Mrs. Mime thread. And how no one cares about the Mrs. Mime thing anymore.

I like to save the beef for my tacos, so that's why my sig isn't that...well,beefy. (:

Reshiram is for those who are cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
    That post was incredibly long. Just sayiin'. Not about the argument, just saying. Man, I would NEVER be able to think of all that.
    That's partially because I like to write, I'm never good at short stories, my stories tend to be hundreds of pages long, in fact my fan fic of the Sinnoh Region ended up being around 500 pages (maybe even 800) on Microsoft word (and trust me comparing it too normal pages of a book, that's easily around 1000 pages. And even though I'm not including a "filler battle arc" like I did in Sinnoh before the league, my Hoenn Fan Fic is getting pretty high in number of pages as well, and the interesting thing my Hoenn Region Fan Fic has less "pages" of chapters, and yet it somehow is startimg to rival my Sinnoh Fan Fic in number of pages.

I just love how we're arguing about Gardevoir and Gallade in a Mrs. Mime thread. And how no one cares about the Mrs. Mime thing anymore.
    Yeah I know that's the problem with too specific threads like this, a discussion only about a possible Mrs. Mime Pokemon? At first my argument was referencing other Pokemon but the point was still about "Mrs. Mime" but then it just continued to veer off topic, I guess.

GAY PEOPLE CAN USE THE INTERNET?!

Sorry. I like callbacks to throwaway jokes.

Whenever I've gone out to catch a Ralts or Kirlia for the first time in a game, I for one always get two: a boy to become a Gallade, and a Lady (need a more flowery font up in here) to become a Gardevoir. Do I do this because I'm a homophobe? No. Do I do this because I subscribe to the classic (and some would say dated) concept of binary genders? A little. Do I do this because I'm a romantic who is drawn to the chivalrous knight-errant and his beloved, yet unobtainable-due-to-societal-constraints, lady, whose love for each other is grand and noble and pure, as so little love truly is; and of whom the Unown write verse, and of whom the Chatot compose song, and of whom young scullery... Smoochums, I guess, speak with such longing—such longing—longing for their own gallant blade who will love and cherish them as the way the Lady DeVoir is loved? That's a part of it.

Do I do it because, should I desire to breed more Ralts, it makes sense that if one of the two HAS to be male then the other one should be female? Pretty much.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Blog Entries

I never really cared for the Mr. Mime line so I don't really care what they do. You know you could always rename your Mr. Mime Mrs. Mime. And I am sure someone once told me that the Jap name isn't Mr. Mime so it's whoever made the American name fault technically.

I don't see why Male Gardevoirs are weird but I don't see why female Glalie have to be female Froslass now. Although I do like Gallade/Froslass really but Froslass could have been it's own Pokemon by itself.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

This a I love gallade thread now? LOL so mr.mime. I dont like him at all. Which is why I want a mrs. Shed probably look a lot better. With a more upgraded looking design.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

...Mrs. Mime?

*shivers!!!*

Hey, why COULDN'T Froslass have been it's own Pokemon?
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sombra29 View Post
    Spoilerd for Nighmere fuel.

I didnt noticed that issue about Mime until you brought it up.Je,It must be cuz its not really a very memorable pokemon for me...
    That wasn't the image I was thinking of.

go to Deviant Art and search Machamp. I think you can find it.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Never gonna give you up Ksemanr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCool708 View Post
    I agree with you completely. There are a lot of male dancers (most of which are gay) and homosexuality clearly isnt feared in Pokemon.(Eusine, Morty. I.E their clothes, used to be good friends, no more talk, Eusine practically giving the player an award for being sexy to Suicune So, maybe male Gardevoir are gay. (DO NOT QUOTE ME OR YELL AT ME FOR STATING THIS> AND I AM NOT GAY I AM EXTREMELY ON THE HETERO SIDE. ALSO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GAY PEOPLE!!!) If u want quote me on the stuff i said in the beginning.
    What. The. Fuck.

Where is it even slightly hinted than Eusine or Morty are gay?

And since when does the game go "LOL SUICUNE THINKS YOU"RE SEXY"? It just respects you for your pure heart and your power. It doesn't want to fuck you. You are a sick and twisted individual.
    A Final Opinion Is Of Less Value Than An Appreciation Of And Tolerance For Obscurity

^ I laughed at that, honestly.

I would like a Mrs. Mime though.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Honestly, I don't like the concept. I don't know why, though.

Hunting for Rare Candies Jirachi's Wish's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jirachi's Wish On Twitter

Is it really hard for people to nickname a Mr.Mime to Ms,Mrs,or Miss.Mime? Seriously I don't see any reason why to change a pokemon's name years later, just because when it was named there was no genders, but then later with the addition of genders it bothers people. I personally find it humorous, not strange in any way.
    My X Team:
    (Lv.64)(Lv.62)(Lv.61)(Lv.61)(Lv.64)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast