Mrs. Mime? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Should there be a Mrs.Mime?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im for a Mrs.Mime!

5 17.86%
  • Im agaist a Mrs.Mime

11 39.29%
  • Who cares its Mr.Mime.

12 42.86%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Mime?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mrs. Mime?

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Gender confusion or not, you've got to wonder what kind of chucklehead thought naming any character something as stupid as 'Mr. Mime' was a good idea in the first place.
    Actually, Japan thought of the gender ratio, but they didn't think of the name. It's called Barrierd, so there's no reason why Mr. Mime should be male only.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Zorua View Post
    Actually, Japan thought of the gender ratio, but they didn't think of the name. It's called Barrierd, so there's no reason why Mr. Mime should be male only.
    Don't worry, I'm aware of that.
    Of course, that just makes the name even stupider considering it's original name was already two english words meshed together.

Powerpuff Girls.

"Raaaaainbow the Clooooown!"
    Oh, **************************bleeep************ yeah!

Him.

Don't... Don't get ahead of yourself. Barrierd's a pretty stupid name too.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Don't worry, I'm aware of that.
    Of course, that just makes the name even stupider considering it's original name was already two english words meshed together.
    Yes, but anyway, name or not, Mr. Mime is still man like. So surely it'd still be male only... And genders where in the game AFTER Nintendo Japan noticed Mr. Mime's english name, so they could've kept it male anyway.

Yeah,the gender issue is a problem-
    Tough!Catch only male mimes then!
    I don't think there's a need for Mrs.Mime.

And I don't see anything bad about Gallade or Froslass.

Blog Entries

Maybe they could just rename all Mr. Mime as just Mime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Blog Entries

Yes, but anyway, name or not, Mr. Mime is still man like. So surely it'd still be male only... And genders where in the game AFTER Nintendo Japan noticed Mr. Mime's english name, so they could've kept it male anyway.
    Game Freak wouldn't have done that just because of the English name. Even then "man like" is an opinion. I wouldn't default a Barriered/Mr.Mime to the male gender on looks alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Now looking at Gardevoir and its whole line, it seems to be based slightly off a ballerina/ or in Gardevoir's case a ballroom dancer (although probably not entirely). And we all know normal male ballet dancers/ballroom dancers don't wear dresses like the girls (instead they where tights).

So that's the issue, they made Gardevoir too female by basing it slightly off a Ballroom dancer, and the Pokemon Company or whoever actually addressed this by creating Gallade, so yes they were very aware of how feminine Gardevoir is, Gallade is a much better example of male ball room dancer than Gardevoir, since it even looks like it is wearing tights/pants (but apparently Gallade isn't really based off of a Ballet Dancer like Gardevoir is.)

So yeah that's why I dislike the weird both gender for a Pokemon which is likely based off of a specific gender. Now don't get me wrong, I messed up my earlier post, I don't mean I dislike the Pokemon itself, since Gardevoir is my favorite psychic type, I just dislike that they left a Pokemon as is without making its gender difference more pronounced.

[...]

So in other words I'd be fine with a male Gardevoir if it didn't look like a female ballroom dancer.
    Dude, do male Gardevoir really bug you that much that you had to write more than three whole paragraphs about it? Seriously, just think of it as wearing a cloak or something. I don't see why Game Freak should change the gender form of Gardevoir or any other Pokémon just to cater to you and the rest like you who have a problem with it.

(As much as I like a good debate about gender norms in the proper place, even I think it's ridiculous to bring that up in a discussion about Pokémon, of all things.)

Blog Entries

It doesn't really bother me much. Although I don't see how Mr.Mime could be considered manly or macho.

In a place.... Where the Rent is Too Damn High
    Blog Entries

Just make them all males. MR. Mime, and also nobody calls a girl Jr. (MIME JR!!!) Maybe even a evolved for called Mastermime.(All frenchy)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCool708 View Post
    Just make them all males. MR. Mime, and also nobody calls a girl Jr. (MIME JR!!!) Maybe even a evolved for called Mastermime.(All frenchy)
    Well, people have already stated why they won't be made all males. The Japanese names don't suggest that they are males at all. (Barrierd and Manene.)

In a place.... Where the Rent is Too Damn High
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DorianBlack View Post
    Dude, do male Gardevoir really bug you that much that you had to write more than three whole paragraphs about it? Seriously, just think of it as wearing a cloak or something. I don't see why Game Freak should change the gender form of Gardevoir or any other Pokémon just to cater to you and the rest like you who have a problem with it.

(As much as I like a good debate about gender norms in the proper place, even I think it's ridiculous to bring that up in a discussion about Pokémon, of all things.)
    I agree with you completely. There are a lot of male dancers (most of which are gay) and homosexuality clearly isnt feared in Pokemon.(Eusine, Morty. I.E their clothes, used to be good friends, no more talk, Eusine practically giving the player an award for being sexy to Suicune So, maybe male Gardevoir are gay. (DO NOT QUOTE ME OR YELL AT ME FOR STATING THIS> AND I AM NOT GAY I AM EXTREMELY ON THE HETERO SIDE. ALSO I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GAY PEOPLE!!!) If u want quote me on the stuff i said in the beginning.

Inside a blue box that is bigger on the inside
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Well, considering Miltank is always Female... I'm not seeing your point.

But I always laugh at female Machamp. I have an image of that somewhere.
    Spoilerd for Nighmere fuel.

I didnt noticed that issue about Mime until you brought it up.Je,It must be cuz its not really a very memorable pokemon for me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCool708 View Post
    When I read that, I imagined a James Bond Villain-esque Mr. Mime, sitting in his imported chair, sipping wine while petting a Skitty.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DorianBlack View Post
    Dude, do male Gardevoir really bug you that much
    Really you're thinking too much about this, Gardevoir was the perfect example to cater my point. And if you read later, I already said I would be fine with a male Gardevoir if it didn't look like it was wearing dress like a ballroom dancer.

That you had to write more than three whole paragraphs about it?
    What is up with people like you and long posts, I already got complained about this by V-Faction (on some other tl;dr or (apparently) ignore posts in I believe the anime subforum), I don't like half assing my posts. Even if my post is utter bullshit, I don't want it to be one sentence that's probably the equivalent to bashing (I dislike gender confused Pokemon), I do like to explain myself in detail.

Seriously, just think of it as wearing a cloak or something. I don't see why Game Freak should change the gender form of Gardevoir or any other Pokémon just to cater to you and the rest like you who have a problem with it.
    Again why did Gamefreak bother to create Gallade a male only species? And look if they want to be lazy and only apply gender differences to a few select Pokemon, then it's their own fault for not trying hard enough. I mean just look at Misdreavus, it's looks like the ghost of a little girl, and even Bulbapedia origins states its likely based off of a female in some fashion, but is Misdreavus a female only species? No it's not. And it's confusing as to why it's not. Even when I was younger I believed that Misdreavus was a female only species, because it looked like a ghost of a little girl, imagine my shock when it turned out to be 50/50, and not even the fact that it's not even female dominant is mind-boggling.

It's the fact Gamefreak contradicted themselves too much. If there was no such thing as gender specific Pokemon, there really wouldn't be an issue. All Pokemon (except legendaries and those that don't have genders at all) could've been either male or female, I just don't see how they benefited at all by creating gender specific Pokemon, if they weren't really going to apply it correctly. It really as if they half-assed it on some of them.

So the problem is what were they thinking when some Pokemon were gender dominant, or gender specific compared to those they didn't seem to put much effort in it, gave it a 50/50 ratio and moved onto the next Pokemon.

And I don't see anything bad about Gallade or Froslass.
    Nothing's wrong with them at all, but it seems they screwed themselves over even more with them since it just confirms they really had no idea what they were doing in the beginning. Honestly I have no problem with Glalie at all being both male or female, since unless compared with Misdreavus, it looks too monsterish to be confused with a male only species. It's even got weird non human ears.

But Gallade (a MALE ONLY Pokemon) seemed to cater just for the fact Gardevoir was too feminine. Sure argue it was only made to give the Ralts line a Physical attacker, but that ignores the fact it's a male only species, and when you think about it sort of from a first hand point of view that's kind of sexist. What women can't be honorable fighters/knights? But when you look at it from Gardevoir and from a Gender point of view, Gamefreak made it just to acknowledge that Gardevoir was too feminine thus creating a male counterpart to a really feminine Gardevoir. And even then they did nothing to Gardevoir, so again it seems like they half assed the situation. Maybe I'm being too hard and only specific Pokemon were chosen (at random; except Pikachu obviously)) for gender differences. And most of the gender confused ones (conveniently) weren't chosen.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast