Mrs. Mime? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should there be a Mrs.Mime?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im for a Mrs.Mime!

5 17.86%
  • Im agaist a Mrs.Mime

11 39.29%
  • Who cares its Mr.Mime.

12 42.86%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mrs. Mime?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mrs. Mime?

Mr. Mime's Japanese name is Barrierd. It can come off as a female. See, problem solved!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Well, considering Miltank is always Female... I'm not seeing your point.

But I always laugh at female Machamp. I have an image of that somewhere.
    Point being that at least Machamp doesn't have nips.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zalde View Post
    I'm kind of disgusted by the rigid gender norms that people insist on with Gardevoir in particular. Especially considering how in the natural world the "prettier" of the species is usually the male (peafowl come to mind). I mean, yes it's unusual to see a male look like they're wearing a dress, but come on. These are POKÉMON. They're animals. Gardevoir's not wearing a dress.
    Just so you know you got me all wrong, if even part of your post was directed at me.

Yes I know that Male Peafowl are prettier than females, and yes Gardevoir is an animal but that's not the point.

Seriously your argument really hinges on the fact ignores what the animals are based off of, otherwise there would be no gender specific Pokemon.

Tauros is based off a bull, a male animal, that's why it's all male. Likewise Miltank is based off a cow all female.

Now looking at Gardevoir and its whole line, it seems to be based slightly off a ballerina/ or in Gardevoir's case a ballroom dancer (although probably not entirely). And we all know normal male ballet dancers/ballroom dancers don't wear dresses like the girls (instead they where tights).

So that's the issue, they made Gardevoir too female by basing it slightly off a Ballroom dancer, and the Pokemon Company or whoever actually addressed this by creating Gallade, so yes they were very aware of how feminine Gardevoir is, Gallade is a much better example of male ball room dancer than Gardevoir, since it even looks like it is wearing tights/pants (but apparently Gallade isn't really based off of a Ballet Dancer like Gardevoir is.)

So yeah that's why I dislike the weird both gender for a Pokemon which is likely based off of a specific gender. Now don't get me wrong, I messed up my earlier post, I don't mean I dislike the Pokemon itself, since Gardevoir is my favorite psychic type, I just dislike that they left a Pokemon as is without making its gender difference more pronounced.

So if anything, Mr. Mime, Gardevoir, and all those specific weird gender Pokemon, maybe they don't need opposite gender counterparts and have their own gender retconned, but maybe they could at the very least make their gender differences more pronounced (which I can forgive slightly since that wasn't introduced until 4th gen, but even then they didn't even bother on some of them).

So in other words I'd be fine with a male Gardevoir if it didn't look like a female ballroom dancer.

Edit: So like Misdreavus, it looks like a ghost a little girl, not a little boy.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 17th April 2010 at 07:39 AM.

Wait, so a male Gardevoir would look halfway between a Gallade and a Gardevoir?

I can dig it.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

I like male Gardevoir because we all know real mean wear dresses.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Yes. I do know some really mean weredresses.

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Blog Entries

Well, if we're going to enter the realm of Ridiculous....

------------------------Male----Mime Dude-----Level 30--- Mr. Mime
    Mime Jr.----Level 13|
    -------------------------Female----Mime Gal----Level 30---Ms. Mime

Then Ms. Mime evolves into Mrs. Mime when you breed her with Mr. Mime.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

That sounded cool lol. Pokemon evolving when bred with another pokemon.
    Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke: Viridian City

Blog Entries

I nicknamed my female mr. mime ms. mime lol
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    Well, if we're going to enter the realm of Ridiculous....

------------------------Male----Mime Dude-----Level 30--- Mr. Mime
    Mime Jr.----Level 13|
    -------------------------Female----Mime Gal----Level 30---Ms. Mime

Then Ms. Mime evolves into Mrs. Mime when you breed her with Mr. Mime.
    I don't think we could have an in between evolution, as it is we have male and female Mr. Mimes and as backwards compatibility is confirmed, what would we do with all the female Mr. Mimes that logically couldn't have evolved from a MimeDude? As was stated above, "Mr. Mime" was a name given by the naive Gen I translators who thought Pokemon would just be a quick fad and not have a bunch of gender issues, and as it is "Mr. Mime" is a species name and every individual Mr. Mime can be named Susan, Dolly, Megan, Brittany, Angela or whatever the hell you want to name them. It's because of this that I doubt they will do anything in the future to change it, but if they do it would need to be an evolution of Mr. Mimes that are only female to avoid a huge, gaping inconsistency.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc Pika-Q View Post
    I don't think we could have an in between evolution, as it is we have male and female Mr. Mimes and as backwards compatibility is confirmed, what would we do with all the female Mr. Mimes that logically couldn't have evolved from a MimeDude? As was stated above, "Mr. Mime" was a name given by the naive Gen I translators who thought Pokemon would just be a quick fad and not have a bunch of gender issues, and as it is "Mr. Mime" is a species name and every individual Mr. Mime can be named Susan, Dolly, Megan, Brittany, Angela or whatever the hell you want to name them. It's because of this that I doubt they will do anything in the future to change it, but if they do it would need to be an evolution of Mr. Mimes that are only female to avoid a huge, gaping inconsistency.
    I warned you. Realm of Ridiculous.

And honestly, if you get a female Mr. Mime, just give it the proper nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

Mrs. Mime and Mr. Mime could be like Nidoran.

Mime. Jr. is either a boy or a girl; boy becomes Mr. Mime, girl becomes Mrs. Mime.

[The games always confuse me. I mean,Mr. Mime has no gender???]

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Gender confusion or not, you've got to wonder what kind of chucklehead thought naming any character something as stupid as 'Mr. Mime' was a good idea in the first place.

PPG excluded.

PPG?

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Powerpuff Girls.

"Raaaaainbow the Clooooown!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast