Moves that you think should be removed

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Moves that you think should be removed

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Moves that you think should be removed

Who doesn't like powerful moves? But still... are there moves that you think should disappear from the games?

It could be an attack that's too overpowered, or maybe an attack that's useless and pointless. Or perhaps neither... but too bland to even keep.

What kinds of moves should be removed?

Follow Benster404 On Twitter

Default Re: Moves that you think should be removed

Protect OR Detect, or even both, all they really do is delay your victory by one turn

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The only moves I hate are Double Team, Minimize, Protect and Detect. Recover can be annoying too sometimes.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Benster404 View Post
    Protect OR Detect, or even both, all they really do is delay your victory by one turn
    Not necesarily, if Pressure is in play and you've got a powerful move with only 5 or less PP, 2 or 3 successful protects and you can't use it anymore to win.

- Fly should be demoted to a TM, and all the remaining HMs should not be usable as in-battle attacks (out of battle they'd still be usable, but they wouldn't take up move slots). The only HM move that's decent in-battle is Surf (and perhaps Fly in some cases).

- Transform should be changed to an Ability and should occur automatically (the wasted turn is one of the downsides to using Ditto in the first place...) OSnap, I just found out that the Imposter Ability does just that. Still, that should be the default.

- Explosion should be more powerful... it's been changed twice throughout the course of the games, and I still like the way it was in Generation I

- Everything else should remain unchanged... even the annoying / pointless moves.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Evasion-boost moves should be removed since they're banned in Smogon.

Um Speed Boost?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Stealth Rock ought to be removed since entry hazards should be Super Effective and should have Neutral damage only.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

A stall Gliscor with Toxic/Protect/Substitiute can be a pain in the ass. I think the sport moves should be removed. They are pretty much useless as the the Pokemon that learn them are already immune or resist the type they weaken.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Evasion-boost moves should be removed since they're banned in Smogon.
    ...what?
    Seriously, evasion's not the big deal that people make it out to be. Just boost accuracy.

In addition to exploiting Speed Boost (and the ludicrously Smogon-dreaded ability Moody) and there are also a number of effects that benefit from stalling. Effects like Ingrain, Aqua Ring and Leftovers restore HP, poison, burn and weather can cause damage OR restore HP, and then there's Leech Seed, which does both. I believe @Therian also pointed out that if you've got Pressure, it burns through the opponent's PP faster, but with most high-power moves having relatively little PP to begin with, that strategy is viable even without Pressure. Plus, in double or triple battles, they allow your ally to attack with impunity, even if a move would normally hit an ally.

If we're talking moves that should be banned, how about Splash? No, I suppose it keeps Magikarp from using Struggle and actually dealing damage, so I guess even it has a purpose. It is kinda ridiculous that other things can get it as an Egg Move, though. Present, maybe?
    Last edited by Stratago; 17th August 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    Stealth Rock ought to be removed since entry hazards should be Super Effective and should have Neutral damage only.
    I almost forgot about Stealth Rock. >_<

...what?
    Seriously, evasion's not the big deal that people make it out to be. Just boost accuracy.
    But accruacy-boosting moves are mostly used by frail Pokemon, who are low tiered.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago
    ...what?
    But accruacy-boosting moves are mostly used by frail Pokemon, who are low tiered.
    Granted, but what about Hone Claws, which (like Double Team) is a TM and can be learned by all these Pokemon. I don't know jack about how the tiers are set up, but that's a pretty long list. I know many people knock them for being low-powered, the 'no-miss' moves or Chip Away would also deal with evasion.
    I personally like Stomping and Steamrolling Minimized monsters, because most players (at least where I'm from) don't know that those moves ignore their evasion mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    ...I think the sport moves should be removed. They are pretty much useless as the the Pokemon that learn them are already immune or resist the type they weaken.
    That's a very good point! I always remember Geodudes using it, and thinking, "Aren't they Ground-Types to begin with...?"
    I suppose the moves are viable in double/triple battles, but still...
    Last edited by Stratago; 17th August 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

No moves, really, except the sport moves. Quite useless.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Granted, but what about Hone Claws, which (like Double Team) is a TM and can be learned by all these Pokemon.
    The Pokemon listed are either frail or already have better stat-boosting moves (Sword Dance and Dragon Dance), thus outclassing Honed Claw.

I don't know jack about how the tiers are set up, but that's a pretty long list. I know many people knock them for being low-powered, the 'no-miss' moves or Chip Away would also deal with evasion.
    I personally like Stomping and Steamrolling Minimized monsters, because most players (at least where I'm from) don't know that those moves ignore their evasion mods.
    But they don't make that much damage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Granted, but what about Hone Claws, which (like Double Team) is a TM and can be learned by all these Pokemon.
    The Pokemon listed are either frail or already have better stat-boosting moves (Sword Dance and Dragon Dance), thus outclassing Honed Claw.
    Hone Claws gave a good few Pokemon options to stat up that they never had before, such as Dugtrio and Aerodactyl.

Blog Entries

...what?
    ... And? Gamefreak doesn't design the games solely around the metagame.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast