Moves you think should exist.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moves you think should exist.

A Fine Fellow Indeed. Strange Bean's Avatar

Default Moves you think should exist.

Attacks that do not exist that should, or would work will, for reasons aesthetic and functional, tailored for specific Pokemon or otherwise.

A Dark-type equivalent of Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam. The type lacks any good moves, and you can't go wrong with something like that.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Moves you think should exist.

A physical Flamethrower. Flareon could really use it.

A OHKO move that always hit, but only had one or two PP :D

Thunder Justice
    Power 150
    Accuracy 80
    PP 5/5

Turn 1, charge, turn 2, attack
    30% chance for paralysis

The pokemon sends a thunderbolt up, it crashes down in an amplified form a minute later.

Ghostly Wail
    Power N/A
    Accuracy 90
    PP 5/5

Deals 80 damage to the foe

Pokemon lets loose a peculiar sound wave that causes pain to the foe, dealing a set amount of damage.

Full Potential
    Power N/A
    Accuracy N/A
    PP 5/5

Raises all of users stats +1. Must recharge next turn.

personally, I think they should re-tweak the moves they already have more than anything. Now that physical and special attacks have been defined last generation, what's really keeping them from giving the elemental punches the same base power as Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt? They certainly can't become complete clones of eachother now. And after doing that, they should give the elemental fangs the same power that elemental punches have now. That increase alone could really help out poor non-event Entei and Booster (not that there's anything specifically stopping GameFreak from just fucking giving them Flare Blitz in the first place).

Razor Wind is shit... why this move even exists is beyond me, but it needs to have something done to it. Skull Bash at least got a defense boost in generation 2... why couldn't Razor Wind have gotten a special defense boost (it would make sense)? But most of all, that 80 power is in no way worth wasting a turn for (especially given the level most Pokemon learn this move at... if this were an early level alternative to Pound, then fine, but as it stands, practically any Pokemon learning this has access to significantly better moves by the time it comes up). I mean, Sky Attack at least has some incentive (though, using up a turn BEFORE you strike is still a lot less advantageous than simply firing a Hyper Beam and possibly downing your current opposition before you're turned into a sitting duck), this crappy move's got nothing.

Teleport... why can't this actually do something in a battle? Triple Battles would've been the perfect chance to redeem the move by allowing it to switch positions between team mates, but what does GameFreak go and do? Introduce a new move that does just that. Guess Teleport's still pointless for anything other than making Casey a bitch to catch, and subsequently raise, early in the game.

Finally, I think Cut should have a tiny chance of causing an instant KO. Now, considering this move already does damage (albeit very pathetic damage), for it to have such an effect on top of that should mean that its odds of pulling it off should be even lower than the existing one-hit KO moves scoring a hit. Still, this would really make Cut seem actually worth using in battle to some extent (as of now, it's just a useless HM that's forced to be used by the player for the field, but even all the other HMs are at least decent in some way, specially with Flash gone). It would also make a lot of sense considering Cut's Japanese name (Iaigiri, a sword technique that involves cutting in the same stroke as it's being removed from its sheath). If not that, they should at least give it a high critical hit ratio, being a slicing-like attack (although, that would make it a poor man's Slash, it's still better than nothing).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

(HM04 in my fanfic)
    Memory Wind
    Psychic
    15PP
    Special
    Power: 95
    Accuracy: 100
    The user fires a mental torrent of nostalgia at the opponent, which leaves them vulnerable to any bad memories. It can also be used outside of battle as a substitute for Fly, but can warp to the last place it was used.
    25% Chance of reducing both of the opponent's special stats, and hits both foes in a double battle.

(HM08 " ")
    Lock Pick
    Psychic
    20PP
    Other
    Power: --
    Accuracy: --
    The user concentrates its mental ability to free its mind of concern and gain power from happy memories. Outside of battle, it can open locked doors and gates.
    Does not affect the opponent; definitely raises Attack, Special Attack, Defence, Special Defence and Speed. 30% chance of restoring HP, raising Evasiveness, Accuracy and critical hit ratio for the next move.

Also, I think Magnet Rise should be usable outside of battle to hover over the ground (but not water), so wild Pokémon can't ambush you in grass or caves.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

I always found that Psychic had limited movepools, so maybe they should be given some other type special moves.
    platinum 1076 4777 9344

Registered User Singing in the Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More OHKO moves! More, more! How about an electric one named Electrocute, or perhaps maybe a rock type named Crusher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

I have revised Full Potential

PP 5/5
    Power N/A
    Accuracy N/A

Raises all stats by 1

1st turn, charge, 2nd turn execute.

The user focuses all of it's powers to raise it's overall capabilities.

Saber
    PP 10/10
    Power N/A
    Accuracy N/A

Raises Attack and Sp.Attack +3. All subsequent moves are random.

Unleashes the user's inner power, sharply boosting it's offensive capabilities, however, the trainer no longer controls which move the user will use.

Special notes: Going off the anime, sorta, this move will only be available for starter pokemon.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk431 View Post
    I always found that Psychic had limited movepools, so maybe they should be given some other type special moves.
    I approve.

There needs to be a special dark attack with 100 BP. Call it Checkmate.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

A nasty plot clone available to as much pokémon as Swords Dance. Why does a pokémon need to be evil in order to raise it's sp. attack?

Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Blog Entries

I cant believe there's a thread for this. Ive been sat on these for a long time.

Combustion

Type - Fire
    Damage - 200
    Accuracy - 100
    PP - 5
    Description - Fire version of selfdestruct.

Haggle

Dark
    -
    Instead of the foe using the selected move, it uses a different, random move instead.

Dragon Smash

Dragon
    A more powerful version of dragon rage.

Candlelight

Ghost
    Hits the foe and has a 40% chance of burning.

Pendulum

Normal
    The user repeatedly hits the foe over 2-5 turns. The power decreases over each turn.

Absolute Black

Dark
    The user hurls the foe into absolute darkness and attacks them wildly.

Armaggedon

?????
    Kills everyone on the field and in your and your opponents party apart from one pokemon each.

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bean View Post
    The type lacks any good moves, and you can't go wrong with something like that.
    The dark type has:
    Crunch
    Dark Pulse
    Sucker Punch
    Pursuit

Physical equivalents of FT/TB/IB would be great. Ever since the physical special split, the dark type went all physical and psychic went all special.

I think we need more physical psychic attacks and more special dark mvoes.

Black Hole
    Type:Dark
    Category: Special
    PP: 15
    Power: 75
    Priority: -6

Effect: Basically a dark type roar with power.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Frostbite
    Ice
    Power:100
    Acc.:50
    If it hits, it's a guaranteed freeze for your target. Basically an Ice Type Zap Cannon.

Pepper Powder
    Grass
    Power:0
    Accuracy:90
    Forces your opponent to flinch. I have a feeling this would have some interesting uses.

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Ive always wanted a move called Depth Charge. A Water varient of Explosion, though it only takes half of your HP instead of all.

Also, a Dark varient of Flamethrower. Like, Dark Lightning or something.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast