Moves you think a Pokemon should have. - Page 35
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    Unfezant wants close combat, Its truly useless against rock and steel types.
    By that logic, let's give Close Combat to Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, and Fearow as well. And in the process, we take away Staraptor's main niche and the only thing that sets it apart from the other starting birds! Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro "Lucario" View Post
    Flare Blitz for Scraggy. It can learn Dragon Claw,goddamn,so it should be able to set itself on fire and attack enemies.
    I'm afraid I don't follow. What does having reptile claws have to do with setting yourself on fire?
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Follow ravenclaw1991 on Tumblr

I wish that Unfezant could learn Brave Bird. Its my favorite flying type move and I was disappointed when I found out it couldn't learn it.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

-Gyarados can learn Stone edge, but not Rock slide?
    -There are a ton of pokemon that can learn dream eater but can't learn any sleep inducing moves, that always confuses me?
    -Slowking not learning Hydro pump, for me thats a problem.
    -Flareon with no powerful physical Fire moves
    -Manaphy and Hydro pump?
    -Umbreon and Foul play, or any good moves?
    -Tyranitar and Head smash?(even stone edge would still be the option chose)
    -I wish Iron tail was a tm still for Escavalir, even the with the 75% accuracy(I think).

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    I dunno. Why not eliminate one of them then? I think there should be some difference in the two, otherwise one of them is extraneous and therefore pointless.
    They're still different moves, just so similar thematically that they should have the same distribution for the most part. Some Pokemon can learn Rock Slide when Stone Edge would be the better option, and vice versa.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    They're still different moves, just so similar thematically that they should have the same distribution for the most part. Some Pokemon can learn Rock Slide when Stone Edge would be the better option, and vice versa.
    But I mean every single pokemon that gets Rock Slide gets Stone Edge? That's a bit excessive, in my opinion.

Also, something about two moves having the same exact distribution seems a bit... wrong to me.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

But I mean every single pokemon that gets Rock Slide gets Stone Edge? That's a bit excessive, in my opinion.

Also, something about two moves having the same exact distribution seems a bit... wrong to me.
    But I didn't say that. I said virtually the same. So only in most cases, as there are too many Pokemon that learn one that would rather the other and it doesn't make much sense.

Starters of choice.

Blog Entries

Well, then, by all means switch one for the other!

But arguing that "this pokemon should get Rock Slide because it has Stone Edge" or vice versa is a bit of a slippery slope. :P

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Blog Entries

Swampert kinda wishes it had Aqua Jet, especially since every other starter does <insert foreveralone pic>. Plus, it would give him some way to mitigate his low speed. It has a good Attack stat too, so plz GF?

I would love Flygon to have some boosting move other than Hone Claws, and more sound based moves like Sing to go with it's PokeDex entry.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Well, then, by all means switch one for the other!

But arguing that "this pokemon should get Rock Slide because it has Stone Edge" or vice versa is a bit of a slippery slope. :P
    It's a bit hard to swallow "this Pokemon can drop rocks on somebody, but can't drop sharp rocks on them."

Starters of choice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    It's a bit hard to swallow "this Pokemon can drop rocks on somepony, but can't drop sharp rocks on them."
    I know it's implausible that it can't do one but not the other, but in terms of strategy... it would be unwise to make the two have the same distribution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Swampert kinda wishes it had Aqua Jet, especially since every other starter does <insert foreveralone pic>. Plus, it would give him some way to mitigate his low speed. It has a good Attack stat too, so plz GF?

I would love Flygon to have some boosting move other than Hone Claws, and more sound based moves like Sing to go with it's PokeDex entry.
    I don't like Swampert too much, but even I have to admit this would be pretty boss.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Torkoal learn Slack Off. It strikes me as something that is particularly lazy that would appreciate to slack off now and then :p

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arceus should be able to use kicking based moves like Low Kick, Double Kick, and others yet it can't and other horse like and deer like pokemon can.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Default Moves some Pokemon should know.

Now certain pokemon know loads of moves thanks to lv, TM/HM's, events and egg moves, but what pokemon you know that should know a move but just cant seem to learn it?

I came up with this post while looking at Gyarados, one of the bad ass mofos around, but he cant learn Crunch it learns bite and ice fang but NOT crunch, i mean seriously, its got one of the biggest mouths. I would love for Gyarados to learn crunch

I think Charizard should be able to learn Dragonbreath or Dragonpulse as it evolves, similar to how it learns Wing Attack. Lets face it, Charizard is the closest pokemon to Dragon type that isnt one, it should learn more dragon moves then Dragon Claw, especially if Charizard is more of a special attack pokemon then attack

The last one i can think of is Aggron, similar to Rhydon, i think it should learn Hammer Arm from its transition from 4 legs to 2

So any ones you can think of???

Default Re: Moves some Pokemon should know.

Snorlax should now Slack off.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast