Moves you think a Pokemon should have. - Page 11

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Default Re: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Here's a good one: Chandelure' Pokédex entry (at least in Black) explicitly mentions its ability to hypnotize people, yet Chandelure cannot learn Hypnosis by any method. This is made more confusing by the fact that Chandelure is able to use Dream Eater - without a sleep-inducing move, Dream Eater is completely useless. I can't make a whole lot of sense out of that one.

Oh, and Garchomp could conceivably learn Fly - after all, the Doduo line can learn it by virtue of being flying-types, despite the fact that they have no visible methods of flying. Garchomp can at least glide, which is a method of travel by air.

Personally, I think Cacnea/Cacturne should learn Cotton Guard due to the fact all the other Pokes that learn Cotton Spore also have Cotton Guard, so why not them? I mean, even MARACTUS has it. YET ANOTHER CACTUS. Derp GameFreak, derp.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chromas View Post
    Here's a good one: Chandelure' Pokédex entry (at least in Black) explicitly mentions its ability to hypnotize people, yet Chandelure cannot learn Hypnosis by any method. This is made more confusing by the fact that Chandelure is able to use Dream Eater - without a sleep-inducing move, Dream Eater is completely useless. I can't make a whole lot of sense out of that one.
    This is clearly just a massive fail on the part of game freak. I think they originally wanted to give it hypnosis but forgot D:

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
    Personally, I think Cacnea/Cacturne should learn Cotton Guard due to the fact all the other Pokes that learn Cotton Spore also have Cotton Guard, so why not them? I mean, even MARACTUS has it. YET ANOTHER CACTUS. Derp GameFreak, derp.
    Yeah, I agree. It really wouldn't do much for them, though, since Cacturne's defences are pretty bad. But for flavour, it should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    This is clearly just a massive fail on the part of game freak. I think they originally wanted to give it hypnosis but forgot D:
    I think the did it so it didn't become extremely broken. What I mean is, once Shadow Tag Chandy is released, it could come in on something that it can easily counter, sleep it, and then set up. At least without Hypnosis you could stand a chance. >.<

But it definately is a fail on GF's behalf, putting that in the 'dex then not giving it the move.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzle View Post
    I think the did it so it didn't become extremely broken. What I mean is, once Shadow Tag Chandy is released, it could come in on something that it can easily counter, sleep it, and then set up. At least without Hypnosis you could stand a chance. >.<

But it definitely is a fail on GF's behalf, putting that in the 'dex then not giving it the move.
    Well, it's not even that, but the fact that it can learn Dream Eater but not Hypnosis. I don't care if you remove them both, or have them both, just be consistent and don't give it a move it can't use.

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Eh, it can use Dream Eater. Single battles aren't the only battles available, you know. For all we know, they could have it made it so it's meant to be used in Doubles/Triples/whatever. Just because it's not usable in singles doesn't mean it "can't use" it at all.

This still doesn't take away the fact the dex says it can hypnotise, though.

Blog Entries

Eh, it can use Dream Eater. Single battles aren't the only battles available, you know. For all we know, they could have it made it so it's meant to be used in Doubles/Triples/whatever. Just because it's not usable in singles doesn't mean it "can't use" it at all.
    Of course, but in everyday battles, they're all single battles, and it's a waste of a slot unless you battle doubles all the time. And even then you need something that learns hypnosis or spore or some other sleep-inducing move.

This still doesn't take away the fact the dex says it can hypnotise, though.
    Of course, but it's not as much of a fail as the Dream Eater.

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Well, I don't double battle myself, so I agree it's annoying. But if you form your team's strategy right in doubles, I'm sure it's usable.

Dream Eater's not that much of a fail, though. It has the move in its movepool and can use it, just not all the time. It doesn't even learn Hypnosis when it says it can hypnotise, so in my eyes, that seems like the bigger fail of the two.

Flareon should have Flare Blitz. Then he wouldn't be so underused!

Blog Entries

Well, I don't double battle myself, so I agree it's annoying. But if you form your team's strategy right in doubles, I'm sure it's usable.
    Of course, this is true. But that's a plan that really doesn't allow for much flexibility, something any competitive team needs.

Sent Shadow Tag Chandelure to Dream Eater on a Sleep Talker. Watch the foe go "OH CRAP!". There, Dream Eater sans Hypnosis sounds great now.

As for Flareon, give him a Choice Band/Scarf with Flare Blitz and he'd be overpowered and broken, right? D8 Plus I think Flare Blitz is for powerful Fire-type Pokemon who are (or will evolve into) something physically big and strong. Looking at the list of those who can learn Flare Blitz, only Victini doesn't fit that description.
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 7th June 2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: fixed up my mixed terms.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Flareon would still suck even with Flare Blitz.

Entei,Raikou,Suicune need hone claws
    Emboar should have fire punch(dex entry)
    Samurott should have shell smash and so should blastoise.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

You can punish a pokemon that like uses rest a lot by giving it some dream eaters.

Pikachu should be able to learn bite.... its a rodent it should be able to bite. And pokemon like raticate and gyrados should be able to use Crunch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AshK View Post
    You can punish a pokemon that like uses rest a lot by giving it some dream eaters.

Pikachu should be able to learn bite.... its a rodent it should be able to bite. And pokemon like raticate and gyrados should be able to use Crunch
    I suppose that works as well -- an unexpected dream eater is probably the last thing most of the opponents expect.

I can see Gyarados, maybe, but Raticate doesn't seem strong enough to crunch, per se.

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's more than Chandelure in that situation. Dream Eater's simply a TM to it, not a level-up move.

Seismitoad's pool lacks Ice Beam, I'm just playing with one and the big lack of coverage bugs me too much.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast