Moves you think a Pokemon should have. - Page 10
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

slow...poke Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Moves you think a Pokemon should have.

Yeah, but as I already said, Manaphy gets it, and that isn't a Firefly. (Heck, I don't know what Manaphy is, but it's definately not a Firefly... ._.)

And anyway, if Ampharos made it's tail actually glow, I'm pretty sure it would look like a little Firefly. (Its tail, not Ampharos itself.)

Post Thanks / Like

I also never understood why Plusle and Minun can't have dig.
    Sandshrew or Sandslash would be nice with Surf, since they always remark about how even though it hates water it can still learn to swim.
    "Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but as I already said, Manaphy gets it, and that isn't a Firefly. (Heck, I don't know what Manaphy is, but it's definately not a Firefly... ._.)
    Sea angel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    On some level, the pokemon has to be able to support the person, I guess.
    Except for stuff like Natu being able to Fly people around. And Doduo, for that matter.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Very Fine Dodger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do not forget that infamous comic where Blue is flying on a Pidgey!
    On-topic: I believe that Hitmonchan should be able to use DynamicPunch.
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

Flareon should be able to learn Flare Blitz. I mean it has a part of its name in the move and this is also the one move that could actually make Flareon useable. Also the Nidoroyals should have gotten Drill Run.
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice View Post
    Flareon should be able to learn Flare Blitz. I mean it has a part of its name in the move and this is also the one move that could actually make Flareon useable. Also the Nidoroyals should have gotten Drill Run.
    About Drill Run, I don't think it's neccecary unless their prevos have it in their Level-Up moveset, and Nido(king/queen) got EQ as a Level-Up move.

About Flare Blitz, I feel your pain. He's been needing that move for a long time. I mean, even Entei got it, and his Attack is worse than Flareon's.

Post Thanks / Like

And Flareon has many chances to get it too. It was even shafted with the whole dream world thing. Entei learning it gets weirder since i heard a theory that the legendary beasts were previously the three original eevee evos until they died and Ho-oh revived them.
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice View Post
    And Flareon has many chances to get it too. It was even shafted with the whole dream world thing.
    I hope that Game Freak gives him Flare Blitz in Gen6, or at least, in the inevitable Grey.

Hell, I should write them and ask them if they can give ol' Booster the move he's always wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice
    Except Flareon is called Booster in Japan, while Flare Blitz is called "Flare Drive" in Japan. You don't get "Booster" from either of those names.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

I don't think the fact that the Japanese names may not perfectly fit should be any reason to deny a pokemon of a move.

Ampharos's tail can glow akin to a firefly. Flareon is a fire type, and can therefore use fire.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

You know what really bugs me is when they show a pokemon able to learn a move in the anime and yet it's not possible in the game. Scizor was shown to be able to fly in the anime when training Ash's Gliscor and Cynthia's Garchomp is also shown to be able to fly and yet none of these pokemon can learn the move Fly in the game >:(

Also I find it annoying with pokemon that have very shallow movepools like my Flareon. In gen V the only Physical fire attacks my Flareon can use is Fire Fang and Flame Charge, as Flareon's main stat is Attack. These moves are weak and not entirley accurate, so at least a Flare Blitz would have been nice.

I also believe the move Counter should be more available to Dark types like my Absol and my Zoroark instead of having to obtain them via breeding.

Has anyone also noticed that a lot of TM's have been scrapped for breeding and level up only moves like Sleep Talk and Roost. Also that there are no more shard or battle frontier move tutors. The movepool is getting lesser and lesser, which may disappear altogether if they keep this up :(

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it's more annoying that the anime takes the liberty to give Pokemon whatever move they want (and make up new moves not to mention...). I don't think it's the games' fault that Scizor can't fly.

On the other hand, Garchomp should definitely be able to Fly, especially since its Pokedex claims it can fly. Also Ampharos should get Tail Glow, seriously. Sometimes it's just the difference in translation that we think a move should or shouldn't be given to certain Pokemon (i.e. Hoppip and Buneary with Splash?), but as far as I know, Fly and Tail Glow are exactly the same in Japanese and English, so Garchomp and Ampharos deserve those moves.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKanFly View Post
    Fly and Tail Glow are exactly the same in Japanese and English, so Garchomp and Ampharos deserve those moves.
    Sky Jump (alternative translation) and Firefly Light respectively, the latter was even mentioned a few posts back.

Also to clarify Garchomp doesn't actually fly, more like a leaping and gliding type effect. Yes the dex says that it flies, but it could simply be misjudged technicality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

AHA!!

Power Trick. On Flareon. Now he can take Physical hits the way Umbreon does, can still take Special hits well, and can use his own Special Attacks better than he belielved was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    I don't think the fact that the Japanese names may not perfectly fit should be any reason to deny a pokemon of a move.

Ampharos's tail can glow akin to a firefly. Flareon is a fire type, and can therefore use fire.
    Good point. And anyone who disagrees, look at Lilligant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ɑ Alpha ɒ View Post
    Sky Jump (alternative translation) and Firefly Light respectively, the latter was even mentioned a few posts back.

Also to clarify Garchomp doesn't actually fly, more like a leaping and gliding type effect. Yes the dex says that it flies, but it could simply be misjudged technicality.
    Well, if it's Sky Jump in Japanese, then that makes sense for Garchomp.

It should still learn Fly.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast