Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition) - Page 4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 166
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

  1. #46
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Geez, it's hard for me to read this thread because most of you write stuff that would make your favourite pokemon stronger. There are limitations you know. Pokemon should get the things that fit for their nature, not those that fit for your battle preference. Some of the moves are characteristically designed for only some types of pokemon, for example Baton Pass is usually designed for faster and nimble pokemon like Scyther or Shedinja. You can't give just any move to any pokemon without reasoning.
    Oh, really?

    The list of Pokemon that can learn Baton Pass include:

    -Eevee (and by extension: Vaporeon, Glaceon, Umbreon): [Base Speed: 55/65/65/65]
    -Ledyba/Ledian [Base Speed: 55/85]
    -Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss: [Base Speed: 20/40/85]
    -Mawile: [Base Speed: 50]
    -Spinarak/Ariados: [Base Speed: 30/40]
    -Spinda: [Base Speed: 60]
    -Munna/Musharna: [Base Speed: 24/29]

    hash-tag speed demons

    For the record, Shedinja (with Base Speed 40) is neither fast, nor nimble. Also, it can't learn Baton Pass. Maybe you meant Ninjask?
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 18th March 2013 at 01:10 AM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  2. #47
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Geez, it's hard for me to read this thread because most of you write stuff that would make your favourite pokemon stronger. There are limitations you know. Pokemon should get the things that fit for their nature, not those that fit for your battle preference. Some of the moves are characteristically designed for only some types of pokemon, for example Baton Pass is usually designed for faster and nimble pokemon like Scyther or Shedinja. You can't give just any move to any pokemon without reasoning.
    Oh, really?

    The list of Pokemon that can learn Baton Pass include:

    -Eevee (and by extension: Vaporeon, Glaceon, Umbreon): [Base Speed: 55/65/65/65]
    -Ledyba/Ledian [Base Speed: 55/85]
    -Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss: [Base Speed: 20/40/85]
    -Mawile: [Base Speed: 50]
    -Spinarak/Ariados: [Base Speed: 30/40]
    -Spinda: [Base Speed: 60]
    -Munna/Musharna: [Base Speed: 24/29]

    hash-tag speed demons

    For the record, Shedinja (with Base Speed 40) is neither fast, nor nimble. Also, it can't learn Baton Pass. Maybe you meant Ninjask?
    Yup, they are nimble and agile with their bodies, all besides Mawile and Munna.

    I guess Munna/Musharna can probably teleport with her psychic power into places, which would enable it for that.
    For Mawile, I have no idea, probably a mistake like Emboar being able to learn Scald...The point is to not make this game sense-less with even more moves like those.

    And yes, I meant Ninjask, sorry but it's easy to mix those names up.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 18th March 2013 at 03:27 AM.

  3. #48
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    For Mawile, I have no idea, probably a mistake like Emboar being able to learn Scald...The point is to not make this game sense-less with even more moves like those.
    I don't like when people say developers made a mistake and that something makes no sense when something doesn't adjust to what they percieve would be the "correct" workings... instead of considering they got the wrong idea.


    Baton Pass is themed around the concept of tagging. This is fact, because of all the different design characteristics of the move, including its name, point to passing on a baton to tag another teammate.

    "Nimble and fast" doesn't have anything to do with learning it or not, other than some pokémon with such charactersitics can learn it. But even then, for example Scyther learns it through special circumstances. There are several pokémon that are decidedly not nimble nor particularly fast that learn it through level-up.
    There is a degree of leniency on what can or can't learn a move anyways, specially for balance purposes.

    Taking into account all this, I really don't think Mawile learning it is a mistake. In fact, switching out for someone else is something that I see pretty fitting for a pokémon themed on having a "facade".


    Now, should Meganium learn it? I certainly wouldn't say it absolutely should, but considering how both its playing style and some of its concept is for helping teammates and people, and its friendly supportive demeanor, I'd say it realistically could. It'd be far from "not making any sense".



    [/overexposition]

  4. #49
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    For Mawile, I have no idea, probably a mistake like Emboar being able to learn Scald...The point is to not make this game sense-less with even more moves like those.
    I don't like when people say developers made a mistake and that something makes no sense when something doesn't adjust to what they percieve would be the "correct" workings... instead of considering they got the wrong idea.


    Baton Pass is themed around the concept of tagging. This is fact, because of all the different design characteristics of the move, including its name, point to passing on a baton to tag another teammate.

    "Nimble and fast" doesn't have anything to do with learning it or not, other than some pokémon with such charactersitics can learn it. But even then, for example Scyther learns it through special circumstances. There are several pokémon that are decidedly not nimble nor particularly fast that learn it through level-up.
    There is a degree of leniency on what can or can't learn a move anyways, specially for balance purposes.

    Taking into account all this, I really don't think Mawile learning it is a mistake. In fact, switching out for someone else is something that I see pretty fitting for a pokémon themed on having a "facade".


    Now, should Meganium learn it? I certainly wouldn't say it absolutely should, but considering how both its playing style and some of its concept is for helping teammates and people, and its friendly supportive demeanor, I'd say it realistically could. It'd be far from "not making any sense".


    From where does Emboar get mud if he fights in a dry area? How is Mawile a "friendly" pokemon if it's nature concentrates on deceiving?

    They are mistakes, many things speak for it. At least my idea is fitting for most pokemon who can learn Baton Pass.

  5. #50
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    From where does Emboar get mud if he fights in a dry area? How is Mawile a "friendly" pokemon if it's nature concentrates on deceiving?
    I said neither of those things. You misinterpreted me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    They are mistakes, many things speak for it.
    Say these many facts that speak for it, then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    At least my idea is fitting for most pokemon who can learn Baton Pass.
    A sizeable number of them do not. Girafarig, Mr. Mime, Mawile, Huntail and Gorebyss, Drifblim, and Scolipede don't match your idea and have a conceptual priority in learning this move over Scyther, who you put as an example of the kind of pokémon that is perfectly suited to this move.

    [/overexposition]

  6. #51
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    From where does Emboar get mud if he fights in a dry area? How is Mawile a "friendly" pokemon if it's nature concentrates on deceiving?
    I said neither of those things. You misinterpreted me.
    You implied it in the other things you said. I didn't misinterpretate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    A sizeable number of them do not. Girafarig, Mr. Mime, Mawile, Huntail and Gorebyss, Drifblim, and Scolipede don't match your idea and have a conceptual priority in learning this move over Scyther, who you put as an example of the kind of pokémon that is perfectly suited to this move.
    Girafarig has a body build of a Equestrian so it's obviously fast and is intelligent.

    Mr. Mime is also inteligent, and fast with base speed of 90

    Mawile being able to learn it is a mistake like I already wrote

    Gorebyss and Huntail are fast like the fish in the Ocean. Why are you agaist them if Buizel can learn Baton Pass too?
    They both have Swift Swim ability as well.

    Drifblim is flying, and has the ability Unburden which doubles it's Speed

    Scolipede - Are you kidding? It has 112 base Speed
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 18th March 2013 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #52
    Bulbapædist Zeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,473

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
    I still think Gyarados needs more flying moves. As it is, the only one it can learn is Bounce, and that only through tutor or breeding. I would love to see it learn Fly and Aerial Ace, and maybe Sky Attack. Fly especially would be nice for single player.
    Hurricane would make the most sense, given that it is a sea monster.
    The_Doctor and Kwame120 like this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  8. #53
    Broompoleon! Exhibit A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
    I still think Gyarados needs more flying moves. As it is, the only one it can learn is Bounce, and that only through tutor or breeding. I would love to see it learn Fly and Aerial Ace, and maybe Sky Attack. Fly especially would be nice for single player.
    Hurricane would make the most sense, given that it is a sea monster.
    True, but I'd like to see it get some moves that would make use of its huge Attack stat.
    Thanks to MorruMaster14 for the awesome Broompoleon sprite!

  9. #54
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhibit A View Post
    I still think Gyarados needs more flying moves. As it is, the only one it can learn is Bounce, and that only through tutor or breeding. I would love to see it learn Fly and Aerial Ace, and maybe Sky Attack. Fly especially would be nice for single player.
    Hurricane would make the most sense, given that it is a sea monster.
    True, but I'd like to see it get some moves that would make use of its huge Attack stat.
    Fly exists since first generation, they would change it over so many years if there'd be such a part of them that wanted it to happen...

  10. #55
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Yup, they are nimble and agile with their bodies, all besides Mawile and Munna.
    You are absolutely correct. Togepi and Spinarak are the very picture of agility.

    I guess Munna/Musharna can probably teleport with her psychic power into places, which would enable it for that.
    Munna and Musharna cannot learn Teleport, so it stands to reason that they cannot, in fact, teleport.

    For Mawile, I have no idea, probably a mistake like Emboar being able to learn Scald...The point is to not make this game sense-less with even more moves like those.
    Tell me, who exactly do you think you are to dictate what is a mistake on Game Freak's part and what isn't? Do you work for Game Freak? Were you at the meeting where the game developers went 'doh, we accidentally gave Emboar Scald. Curses'? Unless any of the above are factual, don't presume that your opinion is in any way, shape, or form more valid than mine or anyone else's.

    Mr. Mime is also inteligent, and fast with base speed of 90

    Gorebyss and Huntail are fast like the fish in the Ocean. Why are you agaist them if Buizel can learn Baton Pass too?
    They both have Swift Swim ability as well.

    Scolipede - Are you kidding? It has 112 base Speed
    Now wait just one flippin' second. I gave you a list of Pokemon with statistically low Speed stats who can all learn the move Baton Pass. You countered by arguing that their designs were meant to evoke agile and nimble creatures (to which again, I reply: Togepi, Spinarak, Spinda, and Munna,) completely ignoring their obvious sub-par speed stat. You cannot quote Base Speeds and abilities in defense of your argument when you were so dismisive of them the second they were used against you. Pick a side. You either believe that the stats speak for the Pokemon (in which case, my list would prove you wrong) or you believe the designs are what matter (to which I point out that neither Eevee, Ledyba, Surskit, Drifblim, Scolipede, Venonat, or Gliscor look particularly fast.)

    You can't argue stats when it suits you and designs when it doesn't. If you do, then so can I.

    And then there's the other problem with your argument.

    "Girafarig looks equestrian, so it stands to reason that it's fast." Ponyta and Rapidash are even more obviously equestrian than Girafarig (I can argue Girafarig is based on a giraffe, not a horse. I can't do the same for Ponyta) and they can't learn Baton Pass.

    "Munna and Musharna can teleport" (they can't,) Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam, and Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade are actually canonically established to be able to teleport, yet they can't learn Baton Pass.

    "Mr. Mime is intelligent" Dragonite is said to be as intelligent as an adult human, while both Metagross and Alakazam are smarter than supercomputers. None of them can learn Baton Pass.

    "Baton Pass is reserved for agile and nimble Pokemon" Togekiss is one of the slowest Normal/Flying types, and it's design is freaking chubby. Why, then can it learn Baton Pass while actually fast fliers like Swellow, Fearow, and the extremely nimble and agile Dodrio are unable to learn Baton Pass?

    How come Electrode and Deoxys-S are unable to learn Baton Pass, despite being among the fastest Pokemon in existence?

    How come Sceptile and Infernape, despite having agile and nimble designs and the Speed stats to back it up, are unable to learn Baton Pass while Blaziken, who looks less mobile than either and has a Base Speed of only 80, can learn it?

    And if we're on the subject of Swift Swim, then how come Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff, the fastest Chlorophyll abusers in the game (who are based on the extremely mobile dandelions) are unable to learn Baton Pass?

    Are you really that arrogant that you presume to know what Game Freak's intentions were when they created the move?
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  11. #56
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    From where does Emboar get mud if he fights in a dry area? How is Mawile a "friendly" pokemon if it's nature concentrates on deceiving?
    I said neither of those things. You misinterpreted me.
    You implied it in the other things you said. I didn't misinterpretate.
    You made questions torwards an argument I was not making, so you did misunderstand.

    I said Emboar has an aversion to water, and it can use Scald, in whichiever method, to allude to a behavior that would otherwise be impossible. I never did imply, or at least not intentionally, that it got mud and flung it or whatever you might have understood that isn't exactly this. (As for where would this water come from, it comes from wherever any other elemental attack that isn't of the pokémon's own element comes from, which is a completely different discussion than to why a particular pokémon has a particular move)
    Likewise, I said literally that switching was something a deceiver would do. I never said Mawile was friendly. I said later on Meganium was friendly to an extent where switching in such a manner could also apply, but both are unrelated cases.

    I might have implied as such, in which case it'd be my fault for not being clear enough, but it wasn't neither my intention nor the root of what I was saying.

    [/overexposition]

  12. #57
    Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    I guess I'll have to go back on my morals and say that I hope Flareon gets Flare Blitz. The only reason I want this is because of the treatment poor Flareon gets. Everyone makes comments like "Flareon should get Flare Blitz. It's the worst eeveelution." or "Why do use Flareon? 'Insert other eeveelution name here' is much better". Personally I think Flareon can manage perfectly with Fire Blast, Flamethrower, or Heat Wave. Even a Sunny Day + Fire Fang combo would be good for STAB. Other moves include Superpower, Return, Giga Impact, Dig, Bite, etc. But if just adding Flare Blitz will get everyone to stop downgrading Flareon, I'll support it.

  13. #58
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Pardon me for not answering right away, but yesterday was too nice of a day for me to break it up with your annoying argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post

    Now wait just one flippin' second. I gave you a list of Pokemon with statistically low Speed stats who can all learn the move Baton Pass. You countered by arguing that their designs were meant to evoke agile and nimble creatures (to which again, I reply: Togepi, Spinarak, Spinda, and Munna,) completely ignoring their obvious sub-par speed stat. You cannot quote Base Speeds and abilities in defense of your argument when you were so dismisive of them the second they were used against you. Pick a side. You either believe that the stats speak for the Pokemon (in which case, my list would prove you wrong) or you believe the designs are what matter (to which I point out that neither Eevee, Ledyba, Surskit, Drifblim, Scolipede, Venonat, or Gliscor look particularly fast.)

    You can't argue stats when it suits you and designs when it doesn't. If you do, then so can I.

    And then there's the other problem with your argument.

    "Girafarig looks equestrian, so it stands to reason that it's fast." Ponyta and Rapidash are even more obviously equestrian than Girafarig (I can argue Girafarig is based on a giraffe, not a horse. I can't do the same for Ponyta) and they can't learn Baton Pass.

    "Munna and Musharna can teleport" (they can't,) Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam, and Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade are actually canonically established to be able to teleport, yet they can't learn Baton Pass.

    "Mr. Mime is intelligent" Dragonite is said to be as intelligent as an adult human, while both Metagross and Alakazam are smarter than supercomputers. None of them can learn Baton Pass.

    "Baton Pass is reserved for agile and nimble Pokemon" Togekiss is one of the slowest Normal/Flying types, and it's design is freaking chubby. Why, then can it learn Baton Pass while actually fast fliers like Swellow, Fearow, and the extremely nimble and agile Dodrio are unable to learn Baton Pass?

    How come Electrode and Deoxys-S are unable to learn Baton Pass, despite being among the fastest Pokemon in existence?

    How come Sceptile and Infernape, despite having agile and nimble designs and the Speed stats to back it up, are unable to learn Baton Pass while Blaziken, who looks less mobile than either and has a Base Speed of only 80, can learn it?

    And if we're on the subject of Swift Swim, then how come Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff, the fastest Chlorophyll abusers in the game (who are based on the extremely mobile dandelions) are unable to learn Baton Pass?

    Are you really that arrogant that you presume to know what Game Freak's intentions were when they created the move?
    It doesn't change anything. I'm fine with any pokemon having Baton Pass, as long as it has a excusable way to use it. I'd be ok with many of the pokemon you mentioned. But not Meganium. Meganium is not fit for it, by having a structure of an elephant. It has the 80 base speed only because it's an overpowered starter evolution. Eevee has 55 base Speed, and do you think Meganium can run faster than Eevee? Hell no.

    I'm leaning on the Speed requirement, because I'm seeing that pokemon able to learn BP depend on Speed. Your aversion toward Togekiss is baseless, It's an aerodynamically built Flying type, so it obviously can move very fast. It even has Extremespeed.

    And I can call something a mistake if I have the arguments to back it. There is nothing wrong with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    From where does Emboar get mud if he fights in a dry area? How is Mawile a "friendly" pokemon if it's nature concentrates on deceiving?
    I said neither of those things. You misinterpreted me.
    You implied it in the other things you said. I didn't misinterpretate.
    You made questions torwards an argument I was not making, so you did misunderstand.

    I said Emboar has an aversion to water, and it can use Scald, in whichiever method, to allude to a behavior that would otherwise be impossible. I never did imply, or at least not intentionally, that it got mud and flung it or whatever you might have understood that isn't exactly this. (As for where would this water come from, it comes from wherever any other elemental attack that isn't of the pokémon's own element comes from, which is a completely different discussion than to why a particular pokémon has a particular move)
    Likewise, I said literally that switching was something a deceiver would do. I never said Mawile was friendly. I said later on Meganium was friendly to an extent where switching in such a manner could also apply, but both are unrelated cases.

    I might have implied as such, in which case it'd be my fault for not being clear enough, but it wasn't neither my intention nor the root of what I was saying.
    Once again, I didn't. So you say that in one case, a sense of Teamwork is required, and then in case of Mawile, it's not? Do you have any basis for the things you say, Or do you post just to screw with me?

    And why would you mention the mud for Emboar being a way, if you don't consider it at all? Then I don't know why did you mention it.

    Fair enough, there are many pokemon which are able to use moves not corresponding to their type, but it always was types of moves not colliding with their type and nature. Fire pokemon dislike Water. And they produce fire easily. How is Emboar able to use an attack of element it hates, and all the while also use moves like flamethrower, where having water corresponding to it would be impossible? Just how.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 20th March 2013 at 05:41 AM.

  14. #59
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    This is getting absurd.

    I didn't say it's "required", but rather, it's one reason for switching for someone else, the same way getting someone else to do the job is also another reason for switching for someone else.
    The concept is tagging. Whatever would drive something to do this tagging has to do with the concept of the creature itself.

    I mentioned the mud and water for real boars, not Emboar.
    You are thinking too hard on "types colliding with each other", just like you mentioned there couldn't be any Ice/Fire. This isn't even a "concept thriumphs designation" case where something learns a move because it makes conceptual sense rather than treating some non-existant elemental incompatibility laws as the highest rule; the move is boiling water, it in itself is the coexistence of water and fire already! There's literally no reason why it shouldn't.

    In any case, I give up. I'd rather forfeit than being involved in a silly argument I don't even care about enough other than it being a minor annoyance for a single more post.

    [/overexposition]

  15. #60
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Moves/Abilities That You Think A Pokemon Should Have (XY Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    This is getting absurd.
    Actually, we just began to talk for most standards.
    I didn't say it's "required", but rather, it's one reason for switching for someone else, the same way getting someone else to do the job is also another reason for switching for someone else.
    The concept is tagging. Whatever would drive something to do this tagging has to do with the concept of the creature itself.
    Mawile is a loner, with it's nature and looks it just doesn't attract other pokemon much. And it's slow. It's impossible to imagine it to travel any distance fast with the steel jaw ponytail it has to carry like a Iron ball at a prisoner's leg.

    I mentioned the mud and water for real boars, not Emboar.
    Why?
    You are thinking too hard on "types colliding with each other", just like you mentioned there couldn't be any Ice/Fire. This isn't even a "concept thriumphs designation" case where something learns a move because it makes conceptual sense rather than treating some non-existant elemental incompatibility laws as the highest rule; the move is boiling water, it in itself is the coexistence of water and fire already! There's literally no reason why it shouldn't.
    And you think boiling water cannot extinguish fire still. Emboar is the only pokemon up to now that's able to learn and use a trick-less water move(I think). The only one among 48 Fire pokemon. Do you not think that's wierd?
    In any case, I give up. I'd rather forfeit than being involved in a silly argument I don't even care about enough other than it being a minor annoyance for a single more post.
    Thank you just as much, if you do mean that. I do not like doing this too. But remember that I am the one who said something and you're arguing with me over it. So that's the same as me questioning something GameFreak did.
    Last edited by Infinity Edge; 20th March 2013 at 05:35 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •